Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best app for crowds/wait times?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before (I couldn't find any relevant threads when I tried to search), but has anyone found one of these apps to be more accurate than the others? I currently use the touringplans one, but I know there are alternatives like mousewait.

I've found Mousewait to be pretty reliable.

Re: Best app for crowds/wait times?

I concur with Mousewait. I had mobile magic for a while but it was really glitchy.

We just got Touring Plan's Lines app for our next trip. Has anybody here used it?

mousewait not only good in parks but good for a fix outside the parks

• Disney Lover

I used Touring Plans this past weekend and it worked great for me. It's really accurate and the UI is simple so it doesn't bog down your battery life. I've also used Walkee, Mousewait and Mouseaddict in the past - out of those 3 'Walkee' was my favorite but - the load times are slow and it pulls a lot of data which ultimately bogs down on battery life.

I'm a big advocate of Touring Plans though. Pay for their $7 yearly membership and get all the perks (crowd calendars, touring plans, etc.) that come with it!

touring plans seems to be the worst to me

• Olé! Olé! It's Showtime!

Perhaps I'm biased, but I prefer Mouseaddict. Not only does it have wait times and crowd estimates, but there's an overlay on the map that shows where the crowds actually are, so you can route around them. And of course, you can read all your favorite MiceChat blogs and articles right in the app.
    MiceChat from Main Street.
    MiceChat goes mobile with the Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, plan your next move with Addictometer wait times and crowd level mapping, see showtimes and set reminders for dining, shows and FastPass, and find anything in the resort — from attractions to sidewalk carts.

Learn more and download free at mouseaddict.com.

• Former Churro Jockey

I've only ever used mousewait but it's been mostly reliable.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rongo View Post
    Perhaps I'm biased, but I prefer Mouseaddict. Not only does it have wait times and crowd estimates, but there's an overlay on the map that shows where the crowds actually are, so you can route around them. And of course, you can read all your favorite MiceChat blogs and articles right in the app.
    Any plans to bring it to Android?

• The doctor is in

I like MouseWait.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvoAggie View Post
    Any plans to bring it to Android?
    According to Dusty Sage, not right now. Which is a bummer because we both use Android smartphones in our household and it looks like a pretty nice app:

Disney wraps up Cars Land as Disneyland celebrates 58 years

Dusty Sage July 15, 2013 at 4:49 pm

My friend, when you are willing to pony up the $$$ to develop the Android version, give me a call. Until then, enjoy what we give you for FREE. Which at this moment is an iPhone version

Quote Originally Posted by philosofy View Post
    According to Dusty Sage, not right now. Which is a bummer because we both use Android smartphones in our household and it looks like a pretty nice app:

Disney wraps up Cars Land as Disneyland celebrates 58 years
    That's too bad considering Android has a far larger market share than iOS. They may want to look into using something like Apportable - Objective-C for Android that will allow them to cross compile the code they already have to Android. There is a free version that will at leaset get something launched.

• Minion

I have found the most accurate to be Mobile Magic, but it is only in Verizon. I also use MouseWait. Mobile Magic is ran by Disney, so it is quite accurate. Other apps depend on users to input times. They can be very accurate, if they are being updated by users in the park.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbernard View Post
    We just got Touring Plan's Lines app for our next trip. Has anybody here used it?
    Yes, I highly recommend it... it's not the prettiest, but the data is far, far more accurate than the others. Over 30 years of data in that app. It uses "real" times... not Disney's "fake" times (Disney lies about wait times?... Yes, yes they do, it's known as "stacking"). Most other apps (Mousewait, etc) use the Disney "wait" times over real data... They are prettier (much prettier) and more interactive though... but the cost is they never seem to update when data is slow in the parks (or basically anytime the parks are busy) "Lines" being fairly low-tech has low data requirements, and can update while the others are stuck.

I'll put it this way... I've had my wife get mad at me for going in a ride that is posted 45 mins and telling her it's a 15 minute wait (due to Lines Data)... I tell her to stopwatch it (I usually use Lines internal stopwatch also)... it's usually within a minute of the Lines time... 14-16 minutes... What's happening is either 1) The Disney cast member is lazy at updating the sign, or 2) They're "stacking" to get the crowd to disperse back more in the park...
    Last edited by pinkertonfloyd; 07-21-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast