View Poll Results: Re-Imagineered Features U Would Like Added To 5 Fantasyland Dark Rides

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Generation Animatronics (w/ talking & singing capacity)

36 70.59%
  • Trackless Technology, New Floor Layouts and Pathways

20 39.22%
  • Holographic Effects

14 27.45%
  • Interactive Guest Name Recognition Chips

1 1.96%
  • State of the Art Fiber Optics

19 37.25%
  • Stereo Quad Sound Effects

21 41.18%
  • Digital CG Animated Imagery (perhaps 3-D &/or Color Reacting Mouse Ears)

5 9.80%
  • Newly Designed Vehicles, Facades, & New Story Sets/Rooms

18 35.29%
  • All The Above....GO AHEAD, MAKE MY DISNEY DAY!!!

8 15.69%
  • Just add A Few Hidden Mickey's And Watch Me Grin From Ear To Ear

9 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

How Would You Re-Imagineer The Five Fantasyland Dark Rides?

According to Al's most recent updat report, Disney looks to be planning to re-Imagineer the five classic dark rides in Fantasyland for Disneyland's 60th aniversary celebration. What are some of the new features you would like to see featured in the rides.

For one thing, I's be big time excited if Disney added new ride cars, exterior facades, and a plentitude of effects to each inside area.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: How Would You Re-Imagineer The Five Fantasyland Dark Rides?

i read this idea on this site some time ago, not sure if it was an original idea by the poster or if it was actually a concept that disney was working on, but i thought it was great.

anyways, the plan would be to move mr toad's wild ride to the old motor boat cruise area. reconstruct toad hall across from its a small world, and build the ride on a larger, wilder scale. it would take place part indoors, inside of toad hall, and part outside, in either a river or wild wood scene. sort of an indiana jones meets radiator springs meets mr toad type deal to really do the action from the book justice.

mr toad's was always one of my favorite rides, but i would be all for it being enhanced. of course, i'm not sure if the logistics would work out, with the monorail there, and i'm sure it would need some of the land from autopia to be done effectively. also, i don't think disney has enough guts to build a grim scene like the hell one again. one can dream, though.

• Unhelpful User

Trackless rides , Mystic Manor style type ride! If its possible.

• Minion

As an ex-CM who used to operate the five dark rides and then some, the two, biggest things I'd like to see are new vehicles and new ride systems, especially for Alice. Alice faithfully breaks down everyday. I used to pray to God my leads wouldn't give me Alice because the evacuation process is annoying and tiresome. The ride system is so dang old and it causes the ride to break down on a daily basis. New ride systems, especially for Alice!

Nothing was more annoying than hearing the screeching sounds that came from the ride vehicles. Those poor things need to go and we need new ones. I wish they'd do something about Pan's landing. It's very bumpy and painful and I hated seeing guests bump and it something. I'd like state of the art technology and upgrades to the Pleasure Island scene in Pinocchio. That's really the only thing I'd change for Pinocchio. I'd love to see state of the art technology in each dark ride, honestly. Snow White is fine, for the most part. I'd like a better ending and the screeching on the wheels to stop. I'd like to see animatronics added for Toad, and get rid of some of the wooden, painted figures. How about new animatronics for all of them, while I'm thinking about it (most likely not going to happen)?

Although I would love for Alice to receive a different facade, I don't know how that would work, given the two-story structure. I'm sure they'd be able to figure something out, though that's probably not going to happen either. All the other facades are fine, though paint jobs would be great.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

-Figure out a way to put a second row on Peter Pan.

-Update the Animatronics.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by thedustycoyote View Post
    i read this idea on this site some time ago, not sure if it was an original idea by the poster or if it was actually a concept that disney was working on, but i thought it was great.

anyways, the plan would be to move mr toad's wild ride to the old motor boat cruise area. reconstruct toad hall across from its a small world, and build the ride on a larger, wilder scale. it would take place part indoors, inside of toad hall, and part outside, in either a river or wild wood scene. sort of an indiana jones meets radiator springs meets mr toad type deal to really do the action from the book justice.

mr toad's was always one of my favorite rides, but i would be all for it being enhanced. of course, i'm not sure if the logistics would work out, with the monorail there, and i'm sure it would need some of the land from autopia to be done effectively. also, i don't think disney has enough guts to build a grim scene like the hell one again. one can dream, though.
    A larger scale Mr. toad in a scenic vista (including water) such as the Motorboat Cruise area (plus elsewhere0, truely would rock! a ride like this would capture the excitement and fun in the hearts of young and old, toad and non-toad fans alike.

I'd like to see Mickey's PhilHarmagic go in the former Mr. Toad spot.

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Trackless rides , Mystic Manor style type ride! If its possible.
    Something on the order of a Mystic Manor type ride could be made in the former Motorboat Cruise area. This would rule cooler than cool!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Future Imagineer

I would move Pinocchio by the Matterhorn (it would be updated along the way), possibly add a Frozen dark ride and make that a mountain village area. In Pinocchio's place, add a Cinderella dark ride and retheme the Village Haus into a Gaston's tavern (different from WDW's version).

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Id love this...make Mr Toad into such a better ride...and with the room left from his old ride....make Peter Pan over a min and a half

• Closed Account

Mr Toad's Wild Ride - would use animatronics and make everything three dimensional rather than flat. Would turn down the heat, just a little in hell, because in summer it is almost nauseating it's so hot.

Peter Pan - would make the ride longer, add a scene with the Lost Boys where you follow them into their underground treehouse, like the boat goes down into the treehouse, flies through a whole other scene. Would leave everything else the same.

Snow White's Scary Adventure - would give it a proper ending instead of a book that you have to read, a scene with the prince kissing Snow White of course, them going to their castle, celebrating surrounded by the dwarves, similar to the ending scene on Ariel, where you just see everything was happily ever after

Pinocchio's Daring Journey - would change the ride vehicles to look like Jimminy Cricket and the goal is to save Pinocchio. Would add an ending scene where Pinocchio is a real boy and is jumping up and down with Geppetto celebrating.

Alice - would love to see Alice be less "flat" looking and out of place, in other words, make everything else match the looks of her, or make new Alices all together. Also make the ride stop less in the unbirthday scene. Would also love to see them get rid of the tacky white lights in the roses in the painting scene.

• Blew By You

I think a scarier Snow White attraction would be nice. I have early memories of it being so much scarier but that's what was so fun about it.
    Mr. Toad would be a blast if those above plans were put in place.
    Alice in Wonderland could start the whole process if the Imagineers have designs for the interior of the ride as well as for fixing the exterior fix.
    Peter Pan could take Toad's place and the Imagineers can go design a great ride, if they really wanted to.
    Pinocchio could stay as is.

the plan would be to move mr toad's wild ride to the old motor boat cruise area. reconstruct toad hall across from its a small world, and build the ride on a larger, wilder scale. it would take place part indoors, inside of toad hall, and part outside, in either a river or wild wood scene. sort of an indiana jones meets radiator springs meets mr toad type deal to really do the action from the book justice.
    Brilliant idea! I personally love The Wind in the Willows and Mr. Toad is one of my favorite Disney characters of all-time. I'd love to see them do more with this rise, like get rid of the board props as people have mentioned and use state of the art animatronics. It'd also be great if they made the ride follow the actual story, I'm really not a fan of Toad going to hell at the end of the ride. I still don't know what that's all about. If they followed the film they could have a great grand finale scene in Toad Hall with Mr. Winky and all the weasels chasing after Toadie, Rat, Mole, and McBadger trying to get the deed.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post

Yes please add capacity to Pan already.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Insomniac

Mr Toad's Wild Ride
    -New queue layout to make it ADA compliant.
    -New cars/ ride tech upgrades
    -Bring back the strobe lights for the train crash scene.
    -Add the smoke effect from HKDL's Indiana Jones to hell scene.

Pinnochio
    -New queue layout to make it ADA compliant (if possible)
    -Add projections to pleasure island
    -Add new (less awful) projections to the Monstro scene with water misters that spray when he jumps up

Snow White
    -New queue layout to make it ADA compliant (if possible)
    -Add waving Prince Charming and Snow White figures in place of the "Happily ever after" mural

Peter Pan
    -New queue layout to make ADA compliant (if possible)
    -New cars with added second row to increase capacity and ride tech upgrades
    -Add Peter's shadow projections to nursery room
    -Add projections for London/ Neverland flyover scene
    -Replace figures on pirate ship with animatronics
    -Replace Captain Hook figure (in croc's jaws) with new animatronic figure

Alice in Wonderland
    -New queue layout to make ADA compliant
    -New track/ scene layout
    1) Replace singing flowers scene with Carpenter and Walrus scene
    2) Replace "Painting the roses red" and "Off with her head" with larger more elaborate
    Merry Unbirthday scene
    3) Outside section now features singing flowers/ Caterpillar and resembles a garden with
    tall plants
    4) Shorten outside portion to have more inside scenes
    5) New Painting the Roses red/ Off with Her Head scene replaces Merry Unbirthday
    -New animatronics replace Caterpillar, Mad Hatter, and other figures

Other

-Tangled tower added to Storybookland
    -Casey Junior station moved to behind Dumbo and new (covered) interactive double queue added for Dumbo/ Casey Junior with one queue starting on each side of Dumbo
    -New ADA compliant queues for remaining attractions
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post

Unfortunately, I don't think the have the room for a second row, although I do agree about the updating of the AAs. But here's one thing they could do with Peter Pan: at the end of the ride, where you see Peter Pan and the Darling kids on Captain Hook's ship poised to leave for London, they could have the whole ship, not just part of it, glow, like they do at Disneyland Paris:

And while they're at it, they should give the crocodile a ticking sound. He is audibly heard ticking in all versions of the ride except for Disneyland.

I have several ideas for the rides, actually, but this is just a start. However, I'm not sure if they're really feasible or not.

Also, if the rehabs do happen, are they all going to be closed at once, or are they going to be closed one at a time? Lutz hinted that they might be closed one at a time, so I hope that's what happens. I would hate to visit Disneyland and find all the rides shut down at once like they did with the 1983 Fantasyland overhaul.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

I'm really torn about this. While the OP suggests some really great things that can be done to update the attractions, my fear is that even the slightest change may ruin what makes these rides special. I don't know.... honestly I think that any "upgrade" will actually have the opposite effect.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast