Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would it be possible...

Would it be possible to make California Adventure a part of Disneyland? If it was just all one park, they could get rid of the "California" corner they have backed themselves into.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Re: Would it be possible...

I have really been in the mood to watch "The Emperor's New Groove" lately, and I'm currently kind of obsessed with llamas, lol...not the "The Emperor's New Groove", is the best movie, the art seemed a bit lazy to me in parts, but the story was fun and I really enjoyed the setting. I was thinking it would be cool to have a Andes mountain ride. It wouldn't have to follow the story of "The Emeror's New Groove", but I just really want to see a South American inspired ride with some cute llamas. If "California Adventure" could either become a part of the broader themed Disneyland, or if it could be re themed to something with more wiggle room, I wonder if there is somewhere in CA they could put something like that?

• Under that tree again!

With park hopping it's nearly one park. For Disney multiple gates mean multiple night visits, and that's why it will stay a separate park.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• The doctor is in

I highly doubt they will ever make the property one park. Like swampymarsh said, it's practically one park due to park hopping. From what I understand it's a lot easier to park hop at Disneyland than at Disneyworld seeing that DCA is a 1-2min walk between gates.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Closed Account

Possible...of course it's possible. But, Disney has no reason to do it. Right now they get full admission at each park (unless you buy a park hopper ticket) so there is no reason for them to combine them into one park, and if they did, we would probably see prices double.

That is true. I suppose it would be better, then, if they could just change the name of the park. I think about stuff I think would be cool to add to the park, and then that pesky theme comes along and says, "nope, it's not in California."

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I think that some it would be possible but it would require that they build some sort of tunnel or bridge then over the park and that would not look good.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Singing Drinker

They could do it, but they've got both parks drawing reasonably well and a growing perception that they have two separate gates that are worth attending.

I'm 90% certain I remember this being talked about as one of the more out there options during the DCA rebuild, but I'm pretty sure by now it's no longer on the table. It'd essentially be admitting defeat.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Minion

It's possible but I don't think they will ever do it for reasons stated above this post.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Why? Isn't it better to say they have two options?

I agree that when first coming up with the idea for a new park they could/should have come up with something better than 'California Adventure', especially considering that it is a park located in California and considering the absolutely pitiful excuse for a theme park it was when it first opened.

However, I definitely don't agree that they have cornered themselves in with the California theme of the park. There is so much incredible history to California that they have not even touched and so much more that they could expand on that the real travesty is that they are doing so many rides and attractions based on films with nothing to do with California and ignoring the rich possibilities for unique and new rides having to do with California itself..

Just to name a few examples...
    - They have nothing on the California gold rush, which could easily turn into a fun mine train type ride or even as a water ride. And there could be prospector cast members walking around and interacting with guests and singing old prospecting tunes acapella.
    - Although there is Condor Flats, there really is nothing about California's rich history with Aerospace and now the new industry of Space travel (Scaled Composites' SpaceShipOne & SpaceX to name a couple). Sure there is Soarin' Over California, but you are supposed to be paragliding or hang gliding and not really in a plane or rocket at all. There is so much they could do with that by either making a rocket simulator or a plane roller coaster, etc.
    - There really is nothing at all about Silicon Valley, which is a prime candidate to be used for things like futuristic exhibits or high tech dark rides through a computer or something along those lines. It's a huge part of California history that they haven't touched at all yet.
    - National and State Parks. One thing that makes California so great is our protected natural resources, in fact 50% of all the land in California is either a protected National, State, or Local Park. California is home to Yosemite which was the first instance of park land being specifically preserved by any government (done by an act of Congress and signed by President Lincoln at the tail end of the Civil War) and this set a precedent for the creation of the first official National Park at Yosemite. Where is this history of California and the national and state parks, connected uniquely to the civil war era? We have Grizzly Peak, but really that whole land should be in perpetual shade from the giant real or fake redwoods planted there to make you really feel and see the scope and size of these monstrous living beings that call California home.

I could go on, but the fact is that there are dozens and dozens of attractions or new lands that could make DCA better, all themed to California.
    Last edited by JamesDusenberry; 07-16-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDusenberry View Post
    However, I definitely don't agree that they have cornered themselves in with the California theme of the park. There is so much incredible history to California that they have not even touched and so much more that they could expand on that the real travesty is that they are doing so many rides and attractions based on films with nothing to do with California and ignoring the rich possibilities for unique and new rides having to do with California itself..
    This
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I will say one thing I think that they should definitely do is spruce up the big promenade area between the two parks. Especially on hot summer days, with no trees and just those big bricks to walk on... when you're waiting in a long line with zero shade in the sweaty heat it can be pretty bad.
    At the very least they should plant a couple dozen trees to provide shade and bring down the average temperature in that area by a few degrees. Even better would be if they could find a way to make some kind of theme for that spot. Maybe make it an extension of Downtown Disney with some seating areas and a fountain or as just a generic Disney theme that is itself a cool experience before you even get in the parks.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

Honestly I think they keep it two different parks for the money. One ticket to one park is cheaper than one ticket to both parks. They know that they can get people to pay for the ticket to both parks because when you go to disneyland your going to want to go to both.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDusenberry View Post
    I agree that when first coming up with the idea for a new park they could/should have come up with something better than 'California Adventure', especially considering that it is a park located in California and considering the absolutely pitiful excuse for a theme park it was when it first opened.

Just to name a few examples...
    - They have nothing on the California gold rush, which could easily turn into a fun mine train type ride or even as a water ride. And there could be prospector cast members walking around and interacting with guests and singing old prospecting tunes acapella.
    - Although there is Condor Flats, there really is nothing about California's rich history with Aerospace and now the new industry of Space travel (Scaled Composites' SpaceShipOne & SpaceX to name a couple). Sure there is Soarin' Over California, but you are supposed to be paragliding or hang gliding and not really in a plane or rocket at all. There is so much they could do with that by either making a rocket simulator or a plane roller coaster, etc.
    - There really is nothing at all about Silicon Valley, which is a prime candidate to be used for things like futuristic exhibits or high tech dark rides through a computer or something along those lines. It's a huge part of California history that they haven't touched at all yet.
    - National and State Parks. One thing that makes California so great is our protected natural resources, in fact 50% of all the land in California is either a protected National, State, or Local Park. California is home to Yosemite which was the first instance of park land being specifically preserved by any government (done by an act of Congress and signed by President Lincoln at the tail end of the Civil War) and this set a precedent for the creation of the first official National Park at Yosemite. Where is this history of California and the national and state parks, connected uniquely to the civil war era? We have Grizzly Peak, but really that whole land should be in perpetual shade from the giant real or fake redwoods planted there to make you really feel and see the scope and size of these monstrous living beings that call California home.

I could go on, but the fact is that there are dozens and dozens of attractions or new lands that could make DCA better, all themed to California.
    Those are good points. I think I would like the park a lot more if they did add more original attractions based on California, instead of trying to force in things that fit a bit awkwardly. I still hope they may change the theme to something a little more broad, so they can add more attractions based off of California, as well as anything else that comes to their imagination.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast