Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Keep and Improve "a bug's land"

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Maybe in gigantor land. I've got a 4 year old who's only 39" and she's completely within normal. That being said, my oldest rode Big Thunder when she was 4, so mileage varies.
    So that means that little kids do have the ability to ride other attractions in the park other than the rides in Bugs Land. You claimed that little kids will have nothing to ride in DCA if Bugs Land is removed, but that is not true because many little kids do have the ability of riding rides such as LFT, MJJ, LM, MI, etc. without being scared. If we were discussing this back in 2002 when Bugs Land opened then I would have agreed because there were less family rides in the park at the time. Anyways, this is getting off topic. Bugs Land would be a much better place if the OP's plans went into effect because it would allow for both child and adult enjoyment.
    Last edited by frollofan; 07-16-2013 at 06:17 PM.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadiz View Post
    Yes. I just have to dismantle everything piece by piece and then go visit the US Postal Service. If it fits, it ships 👌

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    So that means that little kids do have the ability to ride other attractions in the park other than the rides in Bugs Land.
    1 year olds aren't going to be riding much, and heck, even the bumper car thing has a height limit. MOST 3 year olds can't enjoy anything with a height limit, so yes, stuff in bug's land is needed.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    1 year olds aren't going to be riding much, and heck, even the bumper car thing has a height limit. MOST 3 year olds can't enjoy anything with a height limit, so yes, stuff in bug's land is needed.
    It was needed back in 2001 when the park did not have anything for little kids to enjoy, but now the park has expanded to meet those needs and has made a few of the Bugs Land rides redundant and uneccesary. MJJ (32 inches)and LFT (32 inches) make the Tuck n' Roll bumper cars (36 inches) and Francis's Ladybug Boogie unncessary. Thus, removing these rides for the dark ride that the OP suggests will offer a much needed family ride to the area.
    Last edited by frollofan; 07-16-2013 at 08:00 PM.

• Selfie Expert

A someone who will be visiting the parks with at least one child under 32 inches for the next couple to few years, I appreciate non-height-limit rides that can be ridden as a family.

That being said, I would prefer a dark ride over most of the offerings in Bugs land. However, I do not feel that a 32" height restriction caters to the same audience as a restriction-free ride. There is a need for those types of rides, but they could be more well-done that what's currently offered.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

ITTBAB is one of my favorite attractions at DCA, I'd be really sad to see it go.

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Also, I never understood the "a bug's land" doesn't fit into CA theme. They're bugs...they honestly could be anywhere. The movie setting obviously shows a place that could be in any of the oak grassland valleys of CA. It's not that much of a stretch. I bet the Pixar artist were partially inspired for the setting of this movie by locations near the campus in Emeryville. I actually just bought a book for my classroom, "Aesop in California", which has the story of the Ants and the Grasshopper (which inspired A Bug's Life) and the research location for the illustrations was Quail Lake here in Southern California (whole book uses CA settings to tell Aesop's tales). The illustrations looked quite similar to the setting of the movie.
    There are cats in California. What are your thoughts on the appropriateness of a land about the musical "Cats." After all, "Cats" did breifly run in California.

And remember, I'm not talking about a land about housecats or bobcats or any other kind of cats specifically. I'm talking about about a land solely dedicated to the musical "Cats."
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    There are cats in California. What are your thoughts on the appropriateness of a land about the musical "Cats." After all, "Cats" did breifly run in California.

And remember, I'm not talking about a land about housecats or bobcats or any other kind of cats specifically. I'm talking about about a land solely dedicated to the musical "Cats."
    I was going to argue that I don't think "Cats" is a Disney owned play. BUT! Then I thought of Aristocats. So...

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Closed Account

Luigi's and Mater's only have a height restriction of 32 inches which is on average the height a baby reaches when he/she is a one year old.
    Actually the average child reaches 31-36" at age two not age 1. Bugs Land is one of those places where toddlers can go on everything.

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

As long as I am a parent with young kids, A Bugs Land is a requirement. It is kist what my four year old loves. Even my soon to be eight year old still loves it not to mention how much he enjoyed it when he was younger.

Think of it from a kids perspective. Everything is outside in light do nothing to be afraid of in the dark. It is all full of brightens colorful things. Bugs are something they know and understand without having to know a story. They can see the entire ride and not be worried about what comes next. Basically it is a worry free area for kids.

Only viewing from an adults perspective diminishes what that part of the park is and does.

I wish they could somehow do a better job of incorporating the 3D movie into the land. Maybe a cool subterranean level to eliviate the bottlenecks

• Minion

The rides themselves are no worse than Dumbo, the teacups or Astro Orbitor. Everyone is happy with them because they've always been there and are embedded with nostalgia. However, that is not an excuse to keep a Bugs Land. Smaller rides could be build in theme with the rest of the park. But I do think however well themed a spinner attraction was put in, people would still complain about it being cheap yet the same people would scream bloody murder if Dumbo was removed.

There needs to be smaller 'kiddie' rides, but they should fit the theme of the park, Bugs land just sticks out badly. It dosen't have to be exactly California themed, just fit better then a Bugs Life.

A spinner based on the new film Planes could work in Condor Flats possibly. It dosen't even have to be based on the film, just an airplane spinner would work IMO.

• -

Luigi's and Mater's only have a height restriction of 32 inches which is on average the height a baby reaches when he/she is a one year old.
    What is your source for this?

According to this it's 28-29 inches:
    What Is the Average Height of a One-Year-Old? | eHow

And this says it is also 28-29 inches:
    Average Height to Weight Chart - Babies to Teenagers

It was needed back in 2001 when the park did not have anything for little kids to enjoy, but now the park has expanded to meet those needs and has made a few of the Bugs Land rides redundant and uneccesary. MJJ (32 inches)and LFT (32 inches) make the Tuck n' Roll bumper cars (36 inches) and Francis's Ladybug Boogie unncessary. Thus, removing these rides for the dark ride that the OP suggests will offer a much needed family ride to the area.
    In that case, we don't need Matterhorn and Space Mountain because they are both roller coasters. Let's take one out and put in a dark ride.
    Last edited by calsig31; 07-24-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

edit.
    Last edited by TylerDurden; 07-24-2013 at 05:52 PM.

• Minion

frollofan, Im not sure how many kids you have but the childrens' offerings at DCA that arent in Bugs Land are very limited. Riding TLM and Monsters and the Golden Zephyrs doesnt make up a very complete day. My kids love Bugs Land and everything in it. And its my favorite kids area in either park because its very well-themed, basically a win-win for all of us.

You guys dont understand that kids rides are very necessary. DL as a whole may be for kids and adults, but that does not apply to every single ride; with that logic, Space, BTMRR, and Screamin would all have to go because they are aimed at taller kids and people not scared of roller coasters. Somehow, nobody complaind about those...a bit selfish towards little children dont ya think?

For every restricitve ride, there is a kiddie ride, with a good balance of family rides in between. I think thats pretty reasonable. But just because the posters on this board (who arent BL's target demographic) dont find any enjoyment in the area certainly doesnt mean its worthless and needs to be removed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12