Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How often do you go to the park?

I recently got my Annual Pass again after living out of state for work last year (It was tough being so far, but I did get a few visits in during that time) and I figured I'd see where I fit with the MiceChat community in terms of how often I visit.

So... how often do you guys visit Disneyland? Once a week? Once a month? Once a year?

Myself, I got my pass two weeks ago and have been twice since then. Probably won't go every week but I'd hope to go at least once a month since I live close by in LA (And to make sure I get my money's worth for the huge prices on APs now!)
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Evil is Sexy

Re: How often do you go to the park?

On average, twice a month. With it being summer, though, we're pulling back to once a month until the temperature is more forgiving during the day - With the exception of going multiple days while the family is visiting. Need to convince them to visit anytime other than Summer. LOL.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Minion

When I had an AP, I went about once a month with September through May and about 4 times a month June through August

We go once in every two years. Were SUPPOSED to go this year, but had to go to a wedding instead. Looks like we'll hit DL for each of the next two years! YEAH 60th!

I used to go twice a year for the money issues... going every month can be expensive because of gas prices and the money to keep the passport active. But to get your moneys worth I would go 2 times a month. I recommend going september or november. Its the best times to go!!!

I use to have the Premium AP and went about once or twice a month. Now that prices have increased, I won't be going back for awhile. Which is fine... I need a little break anyways.

• world class bilge rat

Once a year.

I'd go more often but the huge crowds and long lines are making it less bearable.

We generally now go only once per year or less.

We used to average 4 or 5 day visits 3-4 times per year, but once the Annual Passes got the payment program, we noticed a distinct change in the atmosphere and in the quality (or rather, tolerability) of the other guests.

That money now goes to cruises (though not Disney cruises... the extra expense of a Disney cruise and limited destinations aren't worth it).
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

I go about every other year. Next year, I'm looking at checking out the new Harry Potter expansion in Orlando. The year after I will probably return to DL. I like the experience. However, I also love camping, so it really depends on my permit situation. If I get awesome permits at a national park, I'll skip more than a year.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by second blue teacup View Post
    We generally now go only once per year or less.

We used to average 4 or 5 day visits 3-4 times per year, but once the Annual Passes got the payment program, we noticed a distinct change in the atmosphere and in the quality (or rather, tolerability) of the other guests.

That money now goes to cruises (though not Disney cruises... the extra expense of a Disney cruise and limited destinations aren't worth it).
    Pretty much my observations as well; when the monthly payment APs began, my overall DL experience went way down, to the point that it just isn't worth much anymore.

I used to visit 2 or 3, sometimes 4 times a year before the MP APs.

• Foolish Mortal

i live in long beach and am a SoCal APH, I usually go 3-5 times a month (except in july).

• The doctor is in

Whenever I have the chance to go.

I don't live in California so for me it requires the free time and the funds. WHen I was a child and a teenager I only was able to go whenever my parents could afford to take us. Since I started taking care of myself I could go whenever I wanted. I've been more in the past two years in terms of visiting frequently than I ever did. I visited twice in 2012 which was a first for me.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Selfie Expert

This was our first year with APs, and since we're in AZ we were averaging once every 4-6 weeks. Since finding out I'm pregnant, though, plus with the summer our last visit was a couple months ago. We will have one more visit in September, then who knows? We're hoping to keep it at least an annual thing.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Closed Account

We live about 2 hours away from Disneyland. We try to get there a few times a month during the winter, but with health problems, that's not always possible. In summer, we don't go at all, because I can't stand Disneyland in heat above 82 degrees.

• Rock Star Minion

Used to go at least once a year in the olden days. Last 15 years or so, I've been about once every three years or so. But I may not ever make it there again.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast