Okay ... I agree, this topic is about Oz .. but I want to respond to this .. and then back to that yellow brick road.
A refresher course in TL history:
* 1988 America Sings closed for good - the building would sit empty for 10 years.
* 1991/92 - Rocket Jets completely removed for more than 6 months. (Accident on Dumbo prompted Disney to retool their other similar spinner)
* 1992 Mission To Mars closed it's doors for good - the building would remain shuttered for 4 years, till it was finally touched for the construction of TL:98 (Late 1996)
* 1992 Space Place Restaurant closed it's doors for good - Another abandoned facility that would collect dust for several years.
* 1994 Skyway closed for good.
That entire section .. running along the east edge ... from Space Mountain to Autopia .. one giant ghost town.
"You seriously consider the current version of Tomorrowland one of the "best sections of Disney"? lol Tomorrowland hasn't been good since the late 60s to early 80s."
Fixed that for you.