Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Re: Oz Land and Attraction Planned for Disneyland(Merged)

Disney is paying for the rights to use the characters for the great movie ride which is why I think they should consider updating the ride and start using movies and characters they own now. They could easily replace the aa's with characters that match their movie and now that they won Lucas they could replace or update other seems without having to go thru the process of renewing contracts for other sections of the ride.
    they do still pay 20th century for some rights as well

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    There IS a concept, and it pretty much represents the OP's disruption. However, whether it ever gets developed is another thing altogether.
    Exactly. Lots of proposed projects go into concept development and get pitched up the chain (how far up the chain is an entirely different matter). None of it means anything to Disneyland's customers until top management approves it for production, at which point it's correct to say the project is "planned for Disneyland." Until then, it's all blue sky.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 07-17-2013 at 11:41 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    WB owns the rights to the original movie and its characters so Disney is not allowed to make them look like anything from the first movie. WB also owns the rights to the ruby slippers so if Disney brought the slippers into a future sequel then they can not be ruby slippers but maybe be more like the book which were silver. The book is under public domain so no issues there
    How comes the ruby slippers were in Disney's last Oz movie Return to Oz?

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    return to Oz is a cult classic today!

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Simple. They licensed the rights.

Ruby slippers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    Are people even raving about the film? Was there any raving in general? Besides "profits, duh"... why?
    I agree with the take it with a grain of salt group, but I had to Quote FB.

My new favorite line when discussing why disney does anything now.

"profits....DUH!"

LOL

I heard a rumor that Disney was going to create the Isle of Wuz in that area. Hope its true, I want a walking Bumblelion character.

I hope its not coming down to making lands based on movie properties now. I'm already cringing if Monster's Inc is announced.

• I'm a Lutheran

Please, no. Enough is enough. Cars Land was great and all, but seriously, Oz? Oz is a very creative source material if you work off of the books. But near Frontierland? Why? What's the point? I'd rather see Discovery Bay. Heck, even a Lone Ranger E-Ticket would be better. Or a Nature's Wonderland revival. Jeez, I know the latter one will NEVER happen, but a kid can dream, right?

Seriously. I'm getting a bit irritated with this idea. I didn't even see the film and it irritates me. Does anyone suggest I watch the film before deciding my true opinion?
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Please, no. Enough is enough. Cars Land was great and all, but seriously, Oz? Oz is a very creative source material if you work off of the books. But near Frontierland? Why? What's the point? I'd rather see Discovery Bay. Heck, even a Lone Ranger E-Ticket would be better. Or a Nature's Wonderland revival. Jeez, I know the latter one will NEVER happen, but a kid can dream, right?

Seriously. I'm getting a bit irritated with this idea. I didn't even see the film and it irritates me. Does anyone suggest I watch the film before deciding my true opinion?
    Depends on your James Franco tolerance. If you're a fan, go see the film. If you don't like him, it's a harder sell.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

I recommend watching it first to see if that is an environment that you would like to see at Disneyland. Like I said in another Oz related thread, this land could work if done properly and with the right budget. Also if they do make an E ticket ride, I would prefer it not re-tell the movies story, but tell an entirely new story, where you, the guest are the main character exploring the Wonderful land of Oz. (Kind of like how the Indiana Jones ride is based off the movies/character, but the guests go on a completely new adventure.)

• Senior Minion

I unfortunately saw it. All I'll say is that if you're irritated now, watching the film would absolutely give you a rash. Before viewing, a full-body dip in a vat of calamine lotion is strongly advised.

(To quote my wife after we'd suffered through two thirds of that turkey: "Looks like I picked the wrong day to leave my iPad at home.")
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 07-18-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I unfortunately saw it. All I'll say is that if you're irritated now, watching the film would absolutely give you a rash. Before viewing, a full-body dip in a vat of calamine lotion is strongly advised.

(To quote my wife after we'd suffered through two thirds of that turkey: "Looks like I picked the wrong day to leave my iPad at home.")
    I was trying to leave a little more wiggle room considering the difference of opinion that several members of the board have regarding that opinion of the movie, but dear Lord I cannot disagree.

Let's just say the film's divisive but did moderately well at the box office.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Monorail Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Depends on your James Franco tolerance. If you're a fan, go see the film. If you don't like him, it's a harder sell.
    Franco is one of the biggest reasons that I disliked this movie so much. The other was that it was just to GREEN.LOL

• Minion

^ I also didnt really like his acting. I think he wasn't really the best fit for that role. All three witches did great in my opinion.

Although the environments would be great for an area, I really don't want a film based land in disneyland...really any theme park, but defiantly not disneyland. An e ticket or just some type of ride would suffice. I liked the movie, but it wasn't good enough to have a whole area dedicated to it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jchamb268 View Post
    Franco is one of the biggest reasons that I disliked this movie so much. The other was that it was just to GREEN.LOL
    AN OZ FILM HAVING A LOT OF GREEN? BLASPHEMY!

(Just pulling your leg lol)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast