Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

• Down Pluto!

Re: Oz Land and Attraction Planned for Disneyland(Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by SirGalvan View Post
    I think Oz land would be great as a land in the potential third park but not so much in Disneyland
    Wonderful idea!

Imagine this third park - DISNEY ACQUISITION ADVENTURE

You enter through PIXAR PLAZA where homage to all things Pixar can be found. This plaza funnels guests to a central "hub" of sorts - a giant Corporate boardroom and there are multiple exits - one leads to OZ LAND. Another leads to LUCASFILMLAND where there is a Star Wars and Possible continuation of Indiana Jones. Near that exit is MARVEL UNIVERSE which is a land based on... well isn't it obvious? Next exit leads to MUPPETLAND!

The mind reels at all the possibilities.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Wonderful idea!

You enter through PIXAR PLAZA where homage to all things Pixar can be found. This plaza funnels guests to a central "hub" of sorts - a giant Corporate boardroom and there are multiple exits - one leads to OZ LAND. Another leads to LUCASFILMLAND where there is a Star Wars and Possible continuation of Indiana Jones. Near that exit is MARVEL UNIVERSE which is a land based on... well isn't it obvious? Next exit leads to MUPPETLAND!

Don't forget ESPN Land. Omnimover ride vehicles in the shape of football helmets, sports star meets-and-greets, sports bar-themed restaurants with free beer refills and big screen TVs replaying big games, stores that sell team t-shirts and jock paraphernalia... the possibilities are endless!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Your all haters

There is alot they could do with Oz for a land(cant be as bad as Bugs Land)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Wonderful idea!

You do realize Oz isn't an "acquisition" its public domain just like Wonderland, Peter Pan, and Snow White. Also Walt Disney himself tried to get Oz into the parks and even tried to acquire the rights when it was still private back in the 30s to do an animated feature.

If your gonna be a close minded purist at least be educated about it

• No Disassemble!

Something about this whole thing screams Muppet Vision 3D. Sure the attraction has been around for 13 years (23 at WDW) but it's becoming a waste of real estate when it comes to practical popularity.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    If your gonna be a close minded purist at least be educated about it
    If you are going to disparage my education - at least have the decency to use the correct word. It is you're, a contraction of you are, not your, meaning belonging to.

Apparently you should educate yourself on humor as well. Try looking up the definition of satire. It has little to do with closed minded purity.

• Minion

I don't consider Pixar as much of an acquisition as the rest of the groups Disney's assimilated. Their relationship was too tightly knit already from the start. First animators at Pixar came from Disney, Pixar developed the CAPS system that made the 90s Renaissance possible and obviously the original distribution deal that left Disney in control with the characters created during said distribution deal that nearly resulted in the Circle 7 movies.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Artistic integrity

This rumor originally came up several months ago ... and somehow it's been pushed up again as something "new". I have a hard time believing this will actually happen. I think it's a faction within WDI trying to gain support, any way it can.

This is just one of dozens and dozens of ideas floating around for the future of the DLR. And then these ideas have to make the big giant hurdle to being "greenlit". Which this has not gotten to, apparently.

If Disney is so keen on creating an "Oz" land ... what about it's other resorts around the world? Why cram a land in a small pocket behind Frontierland?

I think if there's anything they ought to do - is expand the land that is short on attractions - Frontierland! There's a reason behind the word "frontier". A wide, panoramic vista. Not a fractured land, cut off in places ... with "mini me" lands packed in so tight.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• A Happy Haunt

Frontierland, sadly, holds limited magic for ... Consumers. Back when Disneyland opened, the Wild West was a great base for imagination. Today, not so much. Frontierland has the tired shooting gallery and one of our favorite rides, BTMRR. Which is the only reason Frontierland still remains. Tossing Oz in there, seems a bit odd... Seeing Oz was a FantasyLand of sorts and Kansas... Well, farmy not frontier....

i do hope they figure something out though...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    If Disney is so keen on creating an "Oz" land ... what about it's other resorts around the world? Why cram a land in a small pocket behind Frontierland?
    Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! How about... a brand new park in... Australia...~!!

• Self Congratulative

There WAS a concept.. it actually got pretty far. Lots of lobbying to get it greenlit. But it died along with the hopes of optimistic filmgoers everywhere once that film touched the screen.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdarkness View Post
    Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! How about... a brand new park in... Australia...~!!

Oz in Oz... Disneyception

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Don't forget ESPN Land. Omnimover ride vehicles in the shape of football helmets, sports star meets-and-greets, sports bar-themed restaurants with free beer refills and big screen TVs replaying big games, stores that sell team t-shirts and jock paraphernalia... the possibilities are endless!
    That actually all sounds pretty darn fun. And you got me for good with the free beer refills.

• The Disneyland Bro

I don't buy this at all... even though Oz was a success it just seems really unlikely that DL would devote an entire land to one franchise. It's too "sacred" in the eyes of Disney Parks fans.

If they did a major expansion of Fantasyland like at WDW though, an Oz attraction as part of that would be great. I wouldn't believe an Oz attraction over other Disney classics like Beauty and the Beast or even Tangled, though.

• Artistic integrity

I've mentioned this before ....

But it seems .... Every time we get wind of a major film coming up .... the rumors start flying about theme park attractions based off the future film.

Then the film either flops ...or does not meet Disney's high expectations ... And all theme park attractions rumors tied to that film dies.

It's happened with Tron ... Oz ... and now Lone Ranger.

Add John Carter, Mars Needs Moms, anything else???

Other than the Marvel films .... Igers big "tentpole" films are failing! Left and Right.

So ... here's a "novel" idea - Instead of tieing a WDI idea to a film that has a good chance of being dropped if the movie does not do gangbusters (and we have plenty of examples!) ... How about ride ideas not tied to any potential Box Office Dud? You'd think with that logic - Original ideas are the safe bet, and rides tied to a film are the risk takers!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast