Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Oz Land and Attraction Planned for Disneyland(Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    I've mentioned this before ....

But it seems .... Every time we get wind of a major film coming up .... the rumors start flying about theme park attractions based off the future film.

Then the film either flops ...or does not meet Disney's high expectations ... And all theme park attractions rumors tied to that film dies.

It's happened with Tron ... Oz ... and now Lone Ranger.

Add John Carter, Mars Needs Moms, anything else???

Other than the Marvel films .... Igers big "tentpole" films are failing! Left and Right.

So ... here's a "novel" idea - Instead of tieing a WDI idea to a film that has a good chance of being dropped if the movie does not do gangbusters (and we have plenty of examples!) ... How about ride ideas not tied to any potential Box Office Dud? You'd think with that logic - Original ideas are the safe bet, and rides tied to a film are the risk takers!
    Or I dunno maybe they could just tear down Tomorrowland and just build Star Wars land that would be a safe bet.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Or I dunno maybe they could just tear down Tomorrowland and just build Star Wars land that would be a safe bet.
    That would actually be a bad move for Disney. A Star Wars expansion is something that people could get behind. A complete replacement of Tomorrowland with Star Wars would have people up in arms.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

At Disneyland, really, I thought that I heard that they were going to put it at California Adventures right behind the will at Carsland?

• Artistic integrity

You call that "A safe bet"?

Tear down one of DL's ORIGINAL FIVE lands .. in favor of a single "franchise" land?

That ain't no safe bet - That's called - Angering many loyal fans, built up over decades!

And if they try it - If they thought the 1973/74 letter writing campaign to return Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln was big..... A letter writing campaign on this - will overwhelm them like "the great Nothing" in Never Ending Story!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Singing Drinker

Tear down one of DL's ORIGINAL FIVE lands .. in favor of a single "franchise" land?

That ain't no safe bet - That's called - Angering many loyal fans, built up over decades!

And if they try it - If they thought the 1973/74 letter writing campaign to return Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln was big..... A letter writing campaign on this - will overwhelm them like "the great Nothing" in Never Ending Story!
    I don't know. Tear it all down, build cheap new rides, get shuffled out of Parkside operations before the ground's even broken with a reputation as a "visionary", be working for a clothing company at twice the salary before the first ride even opens?

Sounds like a safe bet to me.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Banned User

The problem is though you cant tear it down completely because too many popular attractions would go too. You cant get rid of the monorail, autopia, Buzz and obviously not SM! Of course you could probably at least retheme SM to SW, but the loyalists would lose it lol, so that would never happen. Thats the problem, too much in TL to totally get rid of it and if you keep it around with the SW theme that stuff looks more out of place.

Best bet is to make it a mini sub area I guess. Build something where Innoventions is for a nice big attraction and maybe retheme Pizza Port to a really cool SW theme restaurant and you already have the gift shop from ST. Hell they can repurpose the rockets, put them back on top of the PM and make them X Wing fighters or something. There are certainly things they can do to bring SW more alive in the area without razzing TL completely.

• Banned User

lol I think the Star Wars fans will overshadow the protestors

• -

Doubtful... In fact there would be plenty of Star Wars fans joining the protests.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Artistic integrity

You're talking to one of the biggest geekiest fans of Star Wars
    I can picture the screaming already when the credits begin to roll for Episode VII in theaters come 2015!

As a major fan of both - I clearly see where it's a problem shoehorned into Disneyland. I'm disappointed some refuse to understand this.

If you are a major executive with creative decision making power - Do you:

A: Shortchange Star Wars fans .. and Tomorrowland fans by trying to combine both .. and in the end, both get compromised?
    B: Do justice to the franchise with it's own area. Unimpeded by surrounding environments that could potentially clash. - (ie - Third Park, remaining Timon Lot - DCA)

In the chance this gets pushed on to Tomorrowland (which I doubt) ... it will be because they are in a big hurry to get a project going as fast as Iger can push it - to coincide with as close to Episode VII's release time.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

Is this a joke? A move like this would stir up so much anger and hate it would make the LA Times.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Ha! That deserves a laugh.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

I've mentioned this before ....

But it seems .... Every time we get wind of a major film coming up .... the rumors start flying about theme park attractions based off the future film.

Then the film either flops ...or does not meet Disney's high expectations ... And all theme park attractions rumors tied to that film dies.

It's happened with Tron
    Well, to be fair, they ended up doing the Tron area thing over in California adventure. ElecTRONica was the name I believe. It was terrible.... It was such a disgrace to Tron. But, the sets looked cool. I don't know if it's still there or not, I've been going to Disney World for the past two years, not Disneyland.
    So, technically, you can't count Tron as an "attraction rumor that died". Because it did happen and the movie actually didn't flop. Disney just didn't really do a good job on what they came up with to show Tron some love.....

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

Name:  40067323.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  134.6 KB
    Okay, so that picture about sums it up, but I'll add more anyway (yes, I did make the picture). If Disney did that, do you know how many people (including myself) would be ticked off?
    I love Star Wars, but who tears down one of the best sections of Disney? We need to ADD not replace.... Move the Star Wars ride, sure, but tearing down Tomorrow land is a terrible idea.....

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

• Wayward Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas View Post
    Okay, so that picture about sums it up, but I'll add more anyway (yes, I did make the picture). If Disney did that, do you know how many people (including myself) would be ticked off?
    I love Star Wars, but who tears down one of the best sections of Disney? We need to ADD not replace.... Move the Star Wars ride, sure, but tearing down Tomorrow land is a terrible idea.....
    I agree. And nice meme by the way. Made me lol.
    Originally Posted by m3wthr33
    Disneyland's closed for all of 2011. See you in 2012. Snow White is now a water ride, Matterhorn has a fullsize basketball court where the Clippers have relocated to, and King Arthur's Carousel is suspended 250ft. in the air.

Originally Posted by calsig31
    They attractions have to have air conditioning. What else would people go into Innoventions for?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas View Post
    You seriously consider the current version of Tomorrowland one of the "best sections of Disney"? lol Tomorrowland hasn't been good since the early 90s

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast