Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: Oz Land and Attraction Planned for Disneyland(Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    You seriously consider the current version of Tomorrowland one of the "best sections of Disney"? lol Tomorrowland hasn't been good since the early 90s
    Well, it's classic... Imagine tearing down the train station in Main Street USA (this:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...in_station.jpg) and saying "We need to update this to fit in with our new movies!".
    It's not that the Star Wars area is a bad idea, because it's not, it's actually an excellent idea... It's the fact that you would be tearing down such a monumental and classic area of Disney to do so... You just can't do things like that without people like myself being upset....

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas View Post
    Well, it's classic... Imagine tearing down the train station in Main Street USA (this:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...in_station.jpg) and saying "We need to update this to fit in with our new movies!".
    It's not that the Star Wars area is a bad idea, because it's not, it's actually an excellent idea... It's the fact that you would be tearing down such a monumental and classic area of Disney to do so... You just can't do things like that without people like myself being upset....
    Classic? The current version was built for the 1967 incarnation of Tomorrowland which has long since been outdated and the rides were removed. The place is literally just standing around falling apart and collecting dust. I want a land that has Life in it again not a monument to the past that people can point to and go "yea I remember there used to be a peoplemover ride up on those tracks"

Look I loved the peoplemover, the non-pixar tie in Submarine Voyage, and the Skyway. It was stupid for Disney to get rid of them the way they did but I also know they are never coming back so it's time to start over from scratch and create new adventures.

• -

Classic? The current version was built for the 1967 incarnation of Tomorrowland which has long since been outdated and the rides were removed.
    The current version was remodeled for the inferior 1998 Tomorrowland. The 1967 version would probably still be popular today.

The place is literally just standing around falling apart and collecting dust.
    If the entire land was falling apart, it wouldn’t be safe for people to occupy and would be closed. The only thing collecting dust is the Peoplemover track which will hopefully be removed soon as it cannot be used again and the ride will never come back in its original form.

I want a land that has Life in it again not a monument to the past that people can point to and go "yea I remember there used to be a peoplemover ride up on those tracks" Look I loved the peoplemover, the non-pixar tie in Submarine Voyage, and the Skyway. It was stupid for Disney to get rid of them the way they did but I also know they are never coming back so it's time to start over from scratch and create new adventures.
    I agree that they need to create new adventures, but they need to make new adventures in Tomorrowland. Disneyland needs Tomorrowland, but one that is diverse and offers a few different glimpses into mankind’s future. I wouldn’t be opposed to a Star Wars land being built in one of the expansion areas of Disneyland or at future third park. I don’t want to see one in CA Adventure and I most certainly do not ever want Tomorrowland to be replaced with it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Down Pluto!

^ This. Exactly.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post

I agree that they need to create new adventures, but they need to make new adventures in Tomorrowland. Disneyland needs Tomorrowland, but one that is diverse and offers a few different glimpses into mankind’s future. I wouldn’t be opposed to a Star Wars land being built in one of the expansion areas of Disneyland or at future third park. I don’t want to see one in CA Adventure and I most certainly do not ever want Tomorrowland to be replaced with it.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. It IS a classic, no matter what anyone says. To remove it would be devastating. I wouldn't mind seeing improvements, but tearing it down would definitely upset most people like myself.

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

Can you people get back on topic? This thread is about an Oz land within Disneyland. Not Star Wars. There are other threads here for that topic.

If the entire land was falling apart, it wouldn’t be safe for people to occupy and would be closed. The only thing collecting dust is the Peoplemover track which will hopefully be removed soon as it cannot be used again and the ride will never come back in its original form.
    Wait a minute, the people mover is closed now? The one in Disney World is still up and running and in really good condition.

• Minion

ORWEN: I think it's gonna' take a tornado to get this thread back to Oz.

• Down Pluto!

Or maybe clicking the heels of your ruby slippers together...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Minion

Wait a minute, the people mover is closed now? The one in Disney World is still up and running and in really good condition.
    PeopleMover at Yesterland

Anyways, I wonder what an AA of Mila Kunis would look like if an Oz attraction ever became a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    PeopleMover at Yesterland

Anyways, I wonder what an AA of Mila Kunis would look like if an Oz attraction ever became a reality.
    Aw... That stinks.....

Actually, good question.... James Franco would be an interesting animatronic to see as well.... I think I would prefer an OZ land itself more than a ride though. Both would be awesome though, if I may state my opinion

• Minion

ORDDU: You certainly MAY state your opinion, Vanitas, duckling. After all, I'd love to see something in a James Franco/Oscar Diggs, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: You certainly MAY state your opinion, Vanitas, duckling. After all, I'd love to see something in a James Franco/Oscar Diggs, myself.
    Well, with how impressive and life like the Johnny Depp is on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride (and keep in mind that was all the way back in 2006), I can only IMAGINE how life like the Oz animatronic would be!

• -

and keep in mind that was all the way back in 2006
    Ahh those days of yesteryear... A whole 7 years ago.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Ahh those days of yesteryear... A whole 7 years ago.
    Hahaha, you'd be surprised how much something like Disney can improve within 7 years.....

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast