View Poll Results: Best Ride To Possibly Replace Innoventions Building & Available Expansion Land

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • EPCOT's Mission: Space

4 11.43%
  • Mindstorms: Multi-Tech, Fast Paced Ride Once Rumored For EPCOT's Imagination Pavilian

4 11.43%

2 5.71%
  • fast paced multi-tech interactive ride that was ...

2 5.71%
  • TRON

12 34.29%
  • WALL-E or upcoming "Tomorrowland" " film

4 11.43%
  • Flight of the Navigator

0 0%
  • Escape To Witch Mountain Or John Carter

1 2.86%
  • The Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxyh

4 11.43%
  • Other (incuding original idea(s)

17 48.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Best Ride To Possibly Replace Innoventions Building & Available Expansion Land

Disney has a number of futuristic/sci-fi films that would be a far better use of the Innoventions area than the waste of space that exists now. What movie would you like to see the basis of a new ride to replace the building and nearby available land? If you have an original idea for a ride/attraction replacement, I would equally welcome that.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Best Ride To Possibly Replace Innoventions Building & Available Expansion Land

POLL: Best Ride ToPossibly Replace Innoventions Building & Available Expansion Land
    EPCOT's Mission: Space
    Mindstorms: Multi-Tech, Fast Paced Ride Once Rumored ForEPCOT's Imagination Pavilian
    fast paced multi-tech interactive ride that was ...
    TRON
    WALL-E or upcoming "Tomorrowland" " film
    Flight of the Navigator
    Escape To Witch Mountain Or John Carter
    The Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxyh
    Other (including original ideas)
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Singing Drinker

Re: Best Ride To Possibly Replace Innoventions Building & Available Expansion Land

ESCAPE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN WINNEBAGO ESCAPE FTW!

...what?

Honestly, I'd love something akin to Star Tours, but a) not related to Star Wars and b) not a simulator. I'm thinking something like Mission to Mars mixed with a small "space station" that you "dock" with after the initial ride (OK, THIS part could be a simulator) and a ride involving physical sets set in space. Imagine what a motion arm could do for a low gravity situation...
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

i would really like to see wall-e worked into tomorrowland

• Minion

I voted other. I was thinking maybe an omnimover attraction about chemistry would be interesting since it is an important branch of science, and it could be like Adventures thru Inner Space except very high tech with a multiple level showbuilding. For the queue, CMs could first start off is by showing off certain chemicals and their benefits to humanity then at one point you maybe pass by a lab full of AA chemists, and then at the load area they can show us the Mighty Microscope which we go through to explore the atom of a water molecule and show what it looks like when intermolecular forces weaken and get stronger or what a chemical reaction looks like between two compounds. It would be interesting to also see a ride that edutains guests about physics.
    Last edited by frollofan; 07-17-2013 at 02:06 PM.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

21st Century version of Horizons or Carousel of Progress; or is it too much to ask for --Tomorrowland-- to have at least one quality attraction that really is about Tomorrow?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Former Churro Jockey

I love Mission Space, but I must be in the vast minority, because every time I go to WDW it never has any wait at all. I think it was VERY expensive to build, so I don't imagine Disney is in too much of a hurry to build another one. I think that Disney is really held back by trying to use the rotating building so I think that the building itself needs to go. There isn't room there for a whole lot (and no room to expand backstage), so I don't know that there is much they can put there other then a show-type of attraction.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• No Disassemble!

Tron because it was originally in the building and there are many ideas for attractions both virtual and mechanical that could fit inside it.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

•   
    • Minion

I picked TRON because I think it could be quite an experience if done right. Being transported from today's world into the grid would be amazing IMO. I would want this over the speeder bike idea we have heard of lately. And I like the Star Wars brand more than TRON but TRON feels right in TL not another Star Wars attraction.

• The doctor is in

Escape to Witch Mountain and John Carter don't even belong in the poll. I mean, seriously? I honestly laughed.

I picked either Tron, Wall-E, or The Avengers. Those are the most futuristic in my opinion and would work if done correctly.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Pretty much anything but Avatar.

• Minion

id perfer an original attraction in the space where innoventions is and have a tron attracton where buzz is

Can someone please elaborate or link me to more info on MindStorms? It sounds fascinating and would love to find a few more details to the rumor!

Something from the movie black hole

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by mousedaddy View Post
    Something from the movie black hole
    I likey ......although the original Black Hole ride proposal has been built already (under a different name and guise)
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast