Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: What Sort of Changes Would You Like to See Done on the Disneyland Railroad?

I'd Say the ride is entertaining for the most part....but I think the worst part of the ride is after you exit from behind Small World and head into Tomorrowland....just nothing really to look at....would not mind something added there...like a Tron Tunnel or House of the Future Diorama

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I'd Say the ride is entertaining for the most part....but I think the worst part of the ride is after you exit from behind Small World and head into Tomorrowland....just nothing really to look at....
    Once upon a time there were PeopleMovers, Sky buckets and Motor Boats to look at.....a whole world of Kinetic energy to draw the eye.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

No changes except for maybe improving audio quality and painting parts that need re-painting. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Additional animatronics, special effects, and scenery like the burning cabin.

What exactly is cheesy about the diorama, the scenery is extremely detailed and lush with some creative animatronics? It sure beats the rest of the tour which has absolutely zilch to look at. I would rather go through the diorama a million times over rather than go on something boring like Monsters Inc.
    Well, definitely the music for one. I can't imagine anyone thinking that the music isn't super cheesy. Also, the quality of the animatronics. I'm sure they've been well maintained, but they are 1960's quality. Compare that to the amazing new animatronics at RSR or even Abraham Lincoln.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Well, definitely the music for one. I can't imagine anyone thinking that the music isn't super cheesy. Also, the quality of the animatronics. I'm sure they've been well maintained, but they are 1960's quality. Compare that to the amazing new animatronics at RSR or even Abraham Lincoln.
    I agree. Look, I love the Grand Canyon and Primeval World as much as anyone else, but as of now, to me at least, it's starting to become dated and is in dire need of a good cleaning and tweaking. I am not saying add characters from a movie or removing it entirely. I just want to see it come to life again with some new audio animatronics in the Grand Canyon diorama and overall scenery, lights, sound, and musical improvements over both the Grand Canyon and Primeval World. Like how they updated the Haunted Mansion or the Enchanted Tiki Room with new effects, tweaked lighting, cleaned up audio, and better animatronics. It's the same attraction but enhanced in a whole new experience.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Singing Drinker

The opening music - the Grand Canyon Suite - is straight classical music adapted for the ride. I'm not sure that replacing it with something made for it in a modern vein would be... useful?

Primeval World's another matter entirely. It's in-house movie music, I'd almost rather them go back and figure out how to work in Rite of Spring.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Closed Account

My dream train would actually go through It's A Small World, like one scene, similar to how it goes through Splash Mountain, but I realize everyone is not as obsessed with It's A Small World as I am.

When they do the Frontierland expansion ( hopefully not a new land), I want them to put in a Frontierland station. Based on theme, Frontierland should have a train station more than Toontown,Fantasyland or Tomorrowland. When I think of the frontier, I think of western towns and they all have a train station. The TT/FL station can go, or maybe turn into a stroller parking, and a pathway can be build somewhere around the FL theater.

Animals and jungles would be nice passing thru Adventureland.

Keep the Grand Canyon and Primeval World and upgrade it.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

I like the idea, seeing that the ToonTown and Tomorrowland stations are my least favorite, but isn't the New Orleans Square station already just the Frontierland Station? The names have been swapped and the building's location moved across the rails and cannot be accessed by guests, but the styles have stayed the same. So would that would mean there would be two Frontier themed stations?

I agree with most people here that there just needs to be more to look at. Going from Main St. to New Orleans is quite boring except for the prop heads. There is so much going on in the Jungle Cruise. They should remove the big mound of dirt so that we can see the river and boats go by. Also, about a Frontierland Station: where would you put it? The Rivers of America and New Orleans Square lock Frontierland into it's current position. I like the idea of this new station but I just think that finding a location wouldn't work out.

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    -Change Toontown station back to Fantasyland station
    I agree. I never understood why it became "Toontown" when it faces Fantasyland. It should be Fantasyland or make it so you exit INTO Toontown, not Fantasyland.

•   
    • Minion

I would like them to figure out how to add an elevator to the Main Street Station to make it accessible for the disabled. I'd also like them to add more frequent service at night. Other than that we're golden.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
    I agree. I never understood why it became "Toontown" when it faces Fantasyland. It should be Fantasyland or make it so you exit INTO Toontown, not Fantasyland.
    It opened concurrently with Toontown itself, so it was all about raising awareness of the new land.

As far as what I'd like to see changed: update the Primeval World diorama to reflect more recent though on dinosaur biology, environment and behavior.

The tyrannosaur's stance is all wrong, and stegosaurs lived during the Jurassic period, versus T-Rex's Cretaceous era.

Also the generic sauropod in the swamp scene runs counter to current thought on where they lived and what they ate.

I get that it's referencing Fantasia, but it's all pretty archaic.

Okay, just had a recent trip to Disneyland and I must say...the least I want is that the Caboose on Holiday 2 Red be cleaned and fixed...

Inside the Caboose. I'm still amazed it looks the way it is. Same windows, same door, heck I even think the same seats are still there.

Signs of wear and tear on the lips of the windows.

Nearly all of the wood frames have these groove marks in them thanks to the school bus styles windows. It causes two problems; 1) The windows don't function properly anymore because they don't have any more grip in the wood anymore. 2) It looks ugly.

Slight chipping and paint peeling under the seats.

Not to mention the walls are starting to chip and scrape a bit...

Heck, even in the closed off section, a bit of the floor somehow managed to be scraped away.

Paint is chipping on the door hinges revealing the brass underneath.

The corners of the Caboose's interior are filled with dirt, grime, and some black stuff I swear looks like it belongs in a horror film.

There is also audio problems on both the Caboose of Holiday 2 and Excursion 3. The audio tracks overlap each other and can be heard in the background of each other and tends to be a bit distracting. And no, it is not being bled through from the cars ahead. All those audio tracks are being played at the same time. The same problem happens on Excursion 3.

Seriously, does the Railroad even need to have a refurbishment just to clean up their rail cars and fix up some simple audio issues?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Once upon a time there were PeopleMovers, Sky buckets and Motor Boats to look at.....a whole world of Kinetic energy to draw the eye.
    yeah...that was a long...long time ago....in a galaxy far away

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast