Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• King of the Sun

Re: What Sort of Changes Would You Like to See Done on the Disneyland Railroad?

Audio fixed, both in quality and synchronization. Bigger windows for primeval world, I had a hard time seeing this summer.
    ...also Agrifuture? Can we finally SEE what Agrifuture is!?

Honestly, I like it just the way it is.

The music as you go into Grand Canyon/Primeval World is just one of those things you only get to hear in one spot in the whole world. I'd be so upset if they changed it - it's part of the old school charm.

• Minion

Add a loop.

• No Disassemble!

^ 3 pages later? Really? Way to represent Bob!

I can't really think of anything wrong with the railroad itself so I guess I'll say..

BRING BACK THE BLACK PANTHER!!!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Evil is Sexy

For the Primeval World section, they could just update it to be in sync with their new Dinosaur epic coming out, I suppose.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    Honestly, I like it just the way it is.

The music as you go into Grand Canyon/Primeval World is just one of those things you only get to hear in one spot in the whole world. I'd be so upset if they changed it - it's part of the old school charm.
    That's a bingo.

The audio could use some tweaking (sound quality, not changing the tracks), but the dioramas do not need to be touched.

• Seeker of Fun

Definitely some help with a new speaker system. I'm really surprised this hasn't been addressed already.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Disneyland 20 year APH

I love the idea of new and individual spiel for each train would be cool but you would need an onboard computer that is more advance than what is currently on board. Also the current have that both thing that OSHA had them put in for the conductors could those be redesigned. Also could there be specific spiels for the Lilly Bell and the combos on train 3.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

You know, I've been thinking...as impractical, expensive, and completely unnecessary it would be to have, how cool would it for the Disneyland Railroad to have a roundhouse. And I mean an actual roundhouse, not the square building with switches leading into it. I mean a rounded building with a working turntable and siding sheds for the railway cars. True, it would take ages to take out and put away the locomotive and trains...and the whole thing would take up a lot of valuable space...and would technically only be seen by cast and crew members, not the general public. But still, the idea is still pretty neat.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Mrs. J. Depp

I honestly love the railroad. The spiel, the dioramas, the train cars. It's all so nostalgic. I hope this is the one thing in the park that stays relatively the same always. It's CLASSIC.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Not the Hawkguy

Moving the Toontown Station to the new Fronteirland area would fix a few issues. It'd get rid of the existing Toontown structure, which is incredibly bland, and allow for the metal tunnel to be rebuilt to something more thematically appropriate. Also, fixing the speakers/audio should be a priority, as it's incredibly noticeable how out-of-sync the audio is the further back you go on the train.

I'm all for leaving the Primeval World/Grand Canyon diorama as-is. Especially because it helps to block off views of the backstage areas, which right there are rather boring.

Is like to see the steam engine refilled by the water tower.

• Tourist

I like the railroad the way it is. I only wish I could hear Thurl Ravenscroft's voice again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall to Wall Creep View Post
    That's a bingo.

The audio could use some tweaking (sound quality, not changing the tracks), but the dioramas do not need to be touched.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    Definitely some help with a new speaker system. I'm really surprised this hasn't been addressed already.
    Agreed on both counts. Speakers are consumable objects and they get worn out and need replacing. There's only so much cone breakup and distortion you can have before it goes from "charming" to "grating".

But leave the audio the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland67 View Post
    I like the railroad the way it is. I only wish I could hear Thurl Ravenscroft's voice again.
    I've only ever heard the current narration which I know is not Thurl - but it's still cool.

Does anyone know who narrates the current train tour? Anyone know where a recording of Thurl's is?

If they ever redid it, I'd want them to use a Thurl impersonator with an equally powerful voice - someone like Barry Carl but with that slight drawl. Make it an homage to the original.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast