Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

What are your own Disneyland Resort Standards?

Now that Disneyland just had its birthday!

Please Share your own personal Disneyland Resort standards!

Not an individual attraction or restaurant but the DL resort as a whole!

get your own 2 cents in and be heard!

• Minion

Re: What are your own Disneyland Resort Standards?

You should rename this thread, Your Perfect World: Disneyland Edition
    Everything listed below is merely wishful thinking rather than reality.
    -Almost all of the AAs on rides like Splash Mountain should be working at all times. If they happen to break, then they should be fixed overnight.
    -A new quality attraction that fits the theme of the land is built at either Disneyland or DCA every year.
    -All the lightbulbs are working and there is hardly any chipped paint
    -there not a single piece of trash on the ground
    - There is no loud talking or obnoxious screaming in the Haunted Mansion stretching room
    - Guests are courteous to each other
    - All CMs look like they want to work at Disneyland

I guess that only going a few times I was able to really be impressed by Disneyland instead of dismayed. So I guess my standards for DLR are to be what I have always thought it was:

- I have been fortunate that all the CMs I talked to were friendly and helpful, and when appropriate, in character with the theme of the attraction they worked on
    - Great theming in all areas
    - Very immersive atmosphere
    - Variety of ride types
    - So many little details that it would take many, many trips to notice every single thing

The only complaint I have are the yakass customers who forget that they aren't the only people in the park and walk right over everyone else in their quest to get what they want. I do wish CMs had the authority to crack down on entitled jerks a little more.

I also second that AA's should be operating properly.

One of the biggest AA 'failures' I recall was in 2008, when my family and I went on POTC at Disneyland. I still have this image of The Auctioneer, leaning forward over his boots, just staring down at the ground, not-moving, as his audio played.

I was also a tad non-plussed going on Radiator Springs Racers last year, and the tractors didn't tip when we honked (the same effect all 7 times I went, over 2 days).

Cleanliness
    CM Friendliness
    Attractions that are functioning at 100% quality
    Common courtesy from guests
    Continued growth at both parks...starting with Disneyland

• Closed Account

My standards at Disneyland are not much (in my opinion)
    The bathrooms kept clean, paper towels stocked, batteries in the paper towel dispensers
    The rides, and every aspect of the rides including the animatronic characters in working order
    No gum on the sidewalks or streets

I think the last one is my biggest standard actually. I have never in 32 years seen gum on the streets of Disneyland. Twice now I have stepped in gum at DCA, and it's been a pain in the neck, because of the type of shoes I have to wear to stop and scrape it (usually with a plastic knife) when it just won't come off on the sidewalk, and on the rollator wheels it's even worse.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    You should rename this thread, Your Perfect World: Disneyland Edition
    Everything listed below is merely wishful thinking rather than reality.
    -Almost all of the AAs on rides like Splash Mountain should be working at all times. If they happen to break, then they should be fixed overnight.
    -A new quality attraction that fits the theme of the land is built at either Disneyland or DCA every year.
    -All the lightbulbs are working and there is hardly any chipped paint
    -there not a single piece of trash on the ground
    - There is no loud talking or obnoxious screaming in the Haunted Mansion stretching room
    - Guests are courteous to each other
    - All CMs look like they want to work at Disneyland
    Wow frollofan that is perfect disneyland , but then the entrance fee would be $150 by your standards!

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    My standards at Disneyland are not much (in my opinion)
    The bathrooms kept clean, paper towels stocked, batteries in the paper towel dispensers
    The rides, and every aspect of the rides including the animatronic characters in working order
    No gum on the sidewalks or streets

I think the last one is my biggest standard actually. I have never in 32 years seen gum on the streets of Disneyland. Twice now I have stepped in gum at DCA, and it's been a pain in the neck, because of the type of shoes I have to wear to stop and scrape it (usually with a plastic knife) when it just won't come off on the sidewalk, and on the rollator wheels it's even worse.
    think again! This is gum in the M & F parking structure
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• Blew By You

Addition of a standard: reboot the Disneyland University.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    think again! This is gum in the M & F parking structure
    M&F Parking Structure isn't Disneyland. I would be interested to know if people ever find gum on the ground in Disneyland. I know it's there at DCA, but I've never seen it in Disneyland.

• Former Churro Jockey

Can I say better park guests? The park needs a little bit of upkeep but for the most part it is in awfully good shape. My number one biggest complain right now is how utter oblivious people are to how their actions affect everyone around them. It seems like I always end up behind a group of people that decides to stop and block a walkway to decide where they want to go next, or the person at the food counter holding everyone up while they are talking on their cell phone finishing up their conversation before they place their order. I don't think I've been able to ride down the elevator at HM without someone doing the narration in probably 10 years. And of course, Disney seems to have completely given up on asking people not to take flash pictures on rides so that they don't disturb the other guests. I'd love to see Disney institute a "Guest Code of Conduct" and actually enforce it.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Minion

I agree.

I think guest behavior has been on a gradual decline over the last two decades or so. This definitely detracts from the overall experience.

As for the park itself, I still think they do a marvelous job with keeping the grounds clean. Or the best they can do considering the mobs of people who visit there nowadays.

I still find the CMs to be mostly friendly and helpful, but I see way too many of them standing around talking to each other in packs. I know the park requires a lot of guest control, but the way so many of them stand around conversing with each other can really detract from the experience. We were told to separate if caught doing that.

The last three things:

1) balance incoming attractions between those that are innovative and thought-provoking (not movie based) and those that are movie based
    2) keep the costumes behind the berm
    3) lose the facial hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Can I say better park guests? The park needs a little bit of upkeep but for the most part it is in awfully good shape. My number one biggest complain right now is how utter oblivious people are to how their actions affect everyone around them. It seems like I always end up behind a group of people that decides to stop and block a walkway to decide where they want to go next, or the person at the food counter holding everyone up while they are talking on their cell phone finishing up their conversation before they place their order. I don't think I've been able to ride down the elevator at HM without someone doing the narration in probably 10 years. And of course, Disney seems to have completely given up on asking people not to take flash pictures on rides so that they don't disturb the other guests. I'd love to see Disney institute a "Guest Code of Conduct" and actually enforce it.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Wow frollofan that is perfect disneyland , but then the entrance fee would be $150 by your standards!
    I got news for you. The current entry fees aren't too far behind that...

• The doctor is in

Cleanliness
    Maintenance
    Friendliness

As far as rides go, I don't think there is an excuse for things to not be working on a daily basis. If something is broken they should fix it. It's not like Disney is strapped for cash. They just let rides get to a sub-par standard because they don't seem to want to do basic maintenance. RSR is a perfect example. The ride is only a year old and already it breaks on a daily basis and the animatronics on the inside don't always work. If I'm paying over $130 a day to get in I expect everything to look great and work properly.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

For me, the minimum standards would be
    - Clean park
    - Fun CMs who truly love their jobs and have some freedom to be themselves while doing it
    - Rides should be functioning at least at 98%. I know that some things break some times but things like animatronics should be fixed quickly. Thinks like the tractors not tipping is a big deal and should be fixed over night.
    - Park should be properly maintained- no chipped paint, missing shingles, out light bulbs...

These are all things that can be controlled. If the park opened every morning with these standards and things that broke were noted and fixed in a timely manner, I wouldn't complain at all. I would like to see guests be kind and courteous to each other but that isn't in the control of those who run things (or at least they likely wouldn't. A guest code of conduct would be nice but I'd be hard pressed to believe that they would actually remove a paying customer who is annoying on HM)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast