Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Well, I'll admit, I'm no fan of episodes 1 and 2, so my preference is to stick with Episode 4. If Luke can find the Millenium Falcon there, I don't see why our happy little tourist transports couldn't find a home there too. Besides, my "secret" plan is to keep the "sets" just general enough so that it could also potentially represent Mos Espa, and if Lucas likes what TDA does with the project, he might be persuaded to make a second film featuring the Star Speeder's unofficial entry into a Pod Race. Sneaky, eh?

I think a lot more people would feel a connection to Mos Eisley just because Star Wars was the first, and arguably the purest. And from what I've read, you could probably even still pick up authentic Phantom Menace set pieces in Tunisia. Okay, that part may be out of date. Still, I think Coruscant would work too so long as they threw in enough familiar droids and vehicle designs.
    Good points. A pod racer ride would be a blast!
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Ok, first of all, this is a good idea. Second, the anaversary is comming. There is too much going on at the moment. I enjoy Star Wars, but not for a couple of years at least. Another point is how much Isner has pissed off Lucas. How much has DL lossed. Isner is a lame duck. Where is a storm truper when you need one?

•   
    • Minion

Well, I don't know... It seems if you are going to run a special event for Star Wars you should do it now, you may not get another chance, it is likely Lucas won't do 7, 8, and 9 in the Terry Brooks series...
    Check out my other blog:

• Senior Minion

A Star Wars Week at Disneyland, That would be Great!! I know Florida is the money maker for Disney, but why not promo something in Anaheim? Maybe help bail out the losses at DCA.Or Better yet there is plenty of open space for the convention at DCA@ Paradise Pier. Hopefully at a time of year when the weather is good.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Star Wars Weekends at DL

Why isn't there a Star Wars Weekends event at DL? Does Lucas and Disney think the resort isn't big enough to host such an event? Doesn't make much sense since Lucas' operations is just a few hundred miles north. The closest thing the west coast gets is ComicCom in San Diego. Who else would make it a point to make sure they made it to a Disneyland Star Wars Weekends event?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I know my husband and I would be on our way at ludicris speed if such an event were to be held (especially if the Lego store were somehow involved)
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• șoș Tom șoș

I started a similar thread and was blown away for the support for a west coast event. Most people suggested hosting it at DCA...I think they should try and create a perement pavillion near the San Fransico area with a mock up of Skywalker Ranch with props from his movies and an interactive exhibit on Industrial Light and Magic, Skywalker Sound and Lucas Art-games.

• șoș Tom șoș

Then all we need to do is get Francis Ford Coppela to make a movie about his winemaking and put it in the old Robert Mondavi exhibit near farm town

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I think they should try and create a perement pavillion near the San Fransico area with a mock up of Skywalker Ranch with props from his movies and an interactive exhibit on Industrial Light and Magic, Skywalker Sound and Lucas Art-games.
    For that matter, they could create a Lucas/ILM section of DCA. LucasArts is a California company, and is a huge part of US culture as a whole... I don't think it would be too far of a stretch...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Minion

I'd be there in a Corelian minute. I rember when star tours was new and they had chewy and some ewoks walking around. be cool to see them out again.

• Social Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I started a similar thread and was blown away for the support for a west coast event.
    Yeah, even though there are only 879 possible topics on Disneyland message boards, this subject has been covered a little too recently to allow a duplicate subject thread. I've merged. Geek out all you want. Star Wars III opens in nine weeks; I start lining up at the Chinese Theater in two!

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    Yeah, even though there are only 879 possible topics on Disneyland message boards, this subject has been covered a little too recently to allow a duplicate subject thread. I've merged. Geek out all you want. Star Wars III opens in nine weeks; I start lining up at the Chinese Theater in two!
    I said it once and I will say it again I wanna hug Innerspace Man! Ha ha. Save me a seat. Normally we goto the Imax at the Irvine Spectrum camp out the night before and steal juice from there theatre, bring a tv and watch the originals- this year we are going high tech with the dvds and a laptop baby!

• Social Imagineer

Hahaha, this will be the 25th anniversary of our Night-Before-StarWars-Opening Star Wars Movie Marathon in Hollywood. Till now, we've been able to watch all the movies before dawn. For the first time ever, we will have to vote two of the films off the island, so to speak.

We may graduate from our usual big-screen TV in the parking lot to a projection onto a screen on the wall of the Chinese Theater!

We'll be in line for 7 weeks in Hollywood. Everyone come on by and say Hi.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    Hahaha, this will be the 25th anniversary of our Night-Before-StarWars-Opening Star Wars Movie Marathon in Hollywood. Till now, we've been able to watch all the movies before dawn. For the first time ever, we will have to vote two of the films off the island, so to speak.

We may graduate from our usual big-screen TV in the parking lot to a projection onto a screen on the wall of the Chinese Theater!

We'll be in line for 7 weeks in Hollywood. Everyone come on by and say Hi.
    Oh I am so gonna visit! You get mad rep points for that!

• Hero-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    Clone troopers in the park! That would be awesome! You could arrange to have them come "arrest" members of your group for being Trade Federation spies! Get the Republic Commandos to show up and haul off people planted in lines! Of course, all they'd have to do is have Natalie Potman show up, and I'd be happy.... Either that or Ray Park.
    Get the Republic Commandos in there and I'd end up sobbing and clinging at them like a teenage girl at a boy band concert. And then comes the stalking and the restraining orders...it might just all be too painful to be worth it. And let's not even get into what might happen if Natalie Portman shows up...

"I love you Delta 07! SIGN ME, PLEASE! Scorch, I want to have your babies! Oh...I can't breathe...!"

I think if they were gonna have an event like that, though, it would have to have a more futuristicky theme than Tatooine. I mean, it might work in the old rustic TL, but not it the shiny blue and white one. Coruscant would work better, or at least Bespin. With Cloud City you get the same old timers' nostalgia, but it's nice and art deco.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12