Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Does having an Annual Pass ruin the experience?

Certainly it is possible for one to over-do Disneyland. I think having the annual pass enables a person to learn the patterns of attendance and from that one learns to optimize the trips to the resort for maximum enjoyment.

Those ideal times to go are fewer than they used to be.

• UnExiled Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    Those ideal times to go are fewer than they used to be.
    Gee, I wonder why.
    [/sarcasm]
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

Having an AP wouldn't ruin the magic. It allows you to enjoy the park more. You don't have to rush around to do everything in one visit. What you don't experience today, you can do it next week. It becomes part of your every day life. I've never been bored while being there.

From Big D: "I guess I'll be the first to say that yes it does in the sense that the magic that you feel as a first time guest or very infrequent guest goes away, but then I guess a different kind of magic takes over. Not to get too sappy or overly dramatic, but instead of being a fantasy world it feels more like going home when the world outside is chaotic and messy and home is the way things should be."

Dear Big D: How beautifully said, and my thoughts (and those of my family members) exactly. We, too, are passholders and we visit frequently (usually for just a few hours at a time), and it is like coming home each and every time. Many thanks for your lovely post.

•   
    • Minion

I agree with what Big D said, and what some of the other posters have mentioned: I think that more than anything, having an AP has allowed me to truly enjoy the park. I can spend time appreciating every little thing and I don't have to push myself to accomplish as much as I can in one day. Back when I was buying day tickets I'd spend 14 hours at the park and drive myself to foot-blistered, ornery exhaustion simply because I wanted to do EVERYTHING and get every little second out of my ticket. I'd push myself to go on rides even if I was totally spent, because I didn't know when I would be back.

Now I don't have to do that, and it's great. If I'm tired I go home. If I want to spend an hour sitting by the river and relaxing, I do it. If a ride is 101 I don't get upset. I know I can always return. And Disneyland remains the one oasis where I can truly tune out the real world and stop stressing and worrying.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

BBernard - "even if it is to go watch the terrible LA dodgers..."

Isn't that a bit like Magic Mountain calling it the terrible Disneyland? First place is first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gil T. Pleasure View Post
    BBernard - "even if it is to go watch the terrible LA dodgers..."

Isn't that a bit like Magic Mountain calling it the terrible Disneyland? First place is first place.
    *puts head down and walks away in shame...*

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

NEVER! it never gets boring. I used to have an AP in Dec 2010-Dec 2011 and I still miss it. I wish I could have an AP for life, it never gets boring. I always go on my favorite rides whenever I want, because it is awesome and fun. The best part is, going through the year and being able to go to events: Christmastime, Halloweentime, New Year's, Dland's bday, and witnessing refurbs for a period of time. You can go on deserted rides during Fantasmic! constantly, get as many souveniers as you want, get discounts at certain places, and say hi to me over at main street cinema when you visit If you get one, please cherish the time you spend there, because you will need Cymbalta to help you when it's all over
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

When I lived in So Cal, I would go about 2 times a month (sometimes for the weekend, sometimes just for a day). going so often cemented my love for Disneyland (I had fallen in love the first time I went, of course). Like Monorail Man said, hanging out with my friends had a lot to do with it, but Disneyland itself is a huge draw.

Now i live across the country, and we go once, occasionally twice a year. It is a much more stressed and rushed experience, trying to see all the new stuff and ride everything and see everything etc. Especially with a young child, we just can't get as much done in one day as we could before! And a little sad and bittersweet having to leave the area I love to fly back to a place I don't really like.

It is a different kind of magic. But still pretty magical
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 07-27-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Boat shoes all day long

It most certainly does not ruin the experience. I have had a Premium for the last 2 years and probably only visit the park about 6 times per year, for varying chunks of time. The beauty of the AP is that because the admission is paid for in one foul swoop, you don't feel the need to rush and get on as many rides per day as possible. You can relax, feel free to take pause.

There are a number of things that guests take for granted that are also included with admission, that boosting your ride count can get in the way of:

- free drinking fountains
    - people watching
    - semi-comfortable wood benches
    - good smells
    - live music
    - comedy routines (Maynard)
    - access to the World Wide Web (Innoventions)
    - EXERCISE

Enjoi!
    Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345