Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discovery Bay

Lightbulb Discovery Bay

I'm sure it will never be build but I just cant get over discovery bay. I love everything about the concept. I hope when they finally get back around to remaking 20,000 leagues under the sea that it is a crazy success and discovery bay is build in some fashion. It just seemed like such a wonderful expansion that made such great use of the space behind big thunder mountain. I would mush rather have them make a new 20,000 leagues experience with discovery bay instead of changing the subs again.

Is anyone else as obsessed with the discovery bay concept as I am?

• Minion

Re: Discovery Bay

I love the Discovery Bay idea. However, I would put it in the former Motorboat Cruise area and part of the current Autopia track, and utilize the subs for 20K Leagues. It would be good transition between Tomorrow and Fantasy

• Former Churro Jockey

It sounds awesome, so if they can find room somewhere, I say build it. I'd be fine if they got rid of everything in Tomorrowland except for Space Mountain and Star Tours, and then built it where Buzz / Tomorrowland Terrace, Pizza Port / Innoventions, Autopia / Subs are. And they have a little extra room with the old motorboat lagoon as someone else has already suggested. Ideally, I'd prefer them to keep the monorail, but if there was just no room for it, I'd even be okay with losing the monorail if it meant we got Discovery Bay.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    It sounds awesome, so if they can find room somewhere, I say build it. I'd be fine if they got rid of everything in Tomorrowland except for Space Mountain and Star Tours, and then built it where Buzz / Tomorrowland Terrace, Pizza Port / Innoventions, Autopia / Subs are. And they have a little extra room with the old motorboat lagoon as someone else has already suggested. Ideally, I'd prefer them to keep the monorail, but if there was just no room for it, I'd even be okay with losing the monorail if it meant we got Discovery Bay.
    Or, we could keep the Monorail and Tomorrowland and put DB where it was meant to be:

The Neverland Files: Discovery Bay
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

yeah, i'd love it in the autopia/innoventions area. no need to get rid of the monorail, just take out the figure eight portion of it, and retheme the station.

thematically, i think discovery bay fits in better next to frontierland than tomorrowland, but there's more space where autopia is and they can utilize the existing bay somehow (get rid of the subs, though). also i'm still holding out on a frontierland expansion that utilizes the train tracks, so i'd like to keep the festival of fools space available.

I love the whole Discovery Bay idea, it sounds amazing. I hope they don't have to get rid of anything though, but I highly doubt that would be possible.
    Check out SecretStashSafe.com for secret stash hidden compartment diversion security safes and keep your precious valuables safe and secure.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xnickfx View Post
    I love the whole Discovery Bay idea, it sounds amazing. I hope they don't have to get rid of anything though, but I highly doubt that would be possible.
    Discovery Bay was killed back in the late 1970s. It was to be built in Frontierland north of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The only attraction space built using any of the land was Videopolis, now Fantasyland Theater, but that was actually for the companion land, Dumbo's Circusland.

More information and images of both Discovery Bay and Dumbo's Circusland were just posted at The Explorium by EPCOT Explorer.
    The Explorium, A Bevy of Baxter – Disneyland Expansion during the...

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Discovery Bay was killed back in the late 1970s. It was to be built in Frontierland north of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The only attraction space built using any of the land was Videopolis, now Fantasyland Theater, but that was actually for the companion land, Dumbo's Circusland.

More information and images of both Discovery Bay and Dumbo's Circusland were just posted at The Explorium by EPCOT Explorer.
    The Explorium, A Bevy of Baxter €“ Disneyland Expansion during the...
    I love how all the space is still available. I wouldnt care for the circusland or the hot air balloon skyway ride. And I love it by frontierland to make it work with the rivers of America.

I saw "The Island at the Top of the World" at a drive-in with my dad (and we both read the book it was based on) so seeing Discoveryland and the Hyperion Airship always brings back memories.

Sounds pretty cool, and I'm all about anything that references of celebrates San Francisco.

I just hope they start production on 20,000 leagues again in the tiny tiny chance it because a franchise success and they want to bring it into the parks and maybe dust off these old plans. I have never seen island on top of the world but feel the theme would cross over well still.

• curiouser and curiouser

I have always wanted Discovery Bay in Disneyland! I love that there's still a lot of room left to expand both north of Frontierland and in Tomorrowland (if they would just get rid of Autopia), although deep down I know that nothing will probably ever be built unless it somehow ties in to a successful movie, but one can always dream.

What about Discovery Bay in DCA? The Barbary Coast theme would fit the parks theme and San Francisco is under represented. I'd much rather have this than paradise pier

Well the new 20000 leagues movie has just been officially canceled so there goes that pipe dream.

How do you guys feel about Aquatopia and Storm Rider as part of Discovery Bay, just like they're part of Port Discovery at TDL
    Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012 :wizard:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0960612&type=3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast