Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Do You Wave?

• Banned User

Re: Do You Wave?

What lost etiquette of waving? I'll wave back to someone on the train or whatever. I also wave hello to Mickey Mouse and other characters in the parade. But it's not a requirement and it doesn't affect my experience one way or the other. If people don't go out of their way to be extra friendly, I'm sure that doesn't diminish Disneyland's standing as being The Happiest Place on Earth.

Would it be wrong to say that I do not wave as much when I'm at DLR? I engage with different walks of life 5 days a week. I kinda turn that mode off when I'm on my vacation. Is that bad?

Not at all, Addel. My husband is not really a waver either, and for the same reason you give. That's sort of what sparked this whole idea. It's really interesting to see all the different points of view on this.

RenaBena brings up another fine idea ... Do you greet people with buttons (Happy birthday, Happy anniversary, Congratulations, etc.)? And yes, I do that too. It's Disneyland!

I love waving! I wave obviously not the whole time I'm visiting but when I'm on a ride and I see a person or walking by a cm who makes eye contact or from the trains !
    I do a lot of Waving come to think of it

• Booboo23kitty Nor Cal

I do!!!!!!!! And when I have kids I will teach them to too <3
    "How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb? Answer-"Does it have to be a light bulb?"

I always wave!

I wave to people riding on the train, on the Mark Twain, on the Columbia, and all the Main Street Vehicles. I wave to the Monorail. I wave to everyone riding the Red Cars at DCA. I wave to people who wave from rides & attractions.

I also wave to everyone from all those places.

I wave to Cast Members, Kids, Adults, and the horses pulling the Trolley down Main Street.

I wish Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to everyone I see wearing a button.

My wife helps people trying to take family & group photos (because I'm a horrible photographer).

I point out Hidden Mickeys in line, give directions to people who seem lost, point smokers toward the smoking areas, give personal reviews of dining options when asked (and occasionally when I just overhear a group discussing dining options).

I've helped kids find lost parents, helped people get to First Aid, and sat with people who fell & hurt themselves while waiting for Cast Members to come and give aid.

I also do all of these things elsewhere: at the San Diego Zoo & the Safari Park, at SeaWorld, or walking around my home town.

I wave to the sign twirlers while I'm driving to & from work and wave to people driving cool cars while I'm walking around town.

I wave to pretty much everyone everywhere.

I always wave, and wave back ! Its part of the fun ! I was waving from the train once, and got flipped off....lol

me, too!!

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Almost always. We were at the Hungry Bear having lunch on the upper back deck a few days ago. Between the river and the train traffic (on either side of the deck), we did a lot of waving. Once, the Mark Twain and the train passed at the same time, and we all were waving with two hands, one in each direction. Best part is when you wave, and a whole train car full of people who were just taking in the sights starts waving back!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

I wave. I wave to everyone when I'm riding on the train. I wave to everyone as we float under everyone on IASW. I also wave and say thank u to the lady that's been launching us oin iasw.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Oh sure. If I'm with a group I wave. If I'm by myself I wave. Its fun and brightens the day!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I wave! The only time I don't think I wave is if my family and I are really really REALLY intent on going somewhere/getting something, and then it's just because I'm not paying much attention to my surroundings.
    Anyone that waves at me, if they can see me, I wave back

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

Ok, let me retract some of my statement. I DO wave back IF someone waves to me while on Splash Mountain (im sure you know what part I'm talking about). Also, if I'm on the train passing through the Splash Mountain showroom. Other than that, I do not wave as much.

I don't really greet people with celebratory buttons on. I know this sounds cruel, but there are times when I actually do converse with people in line. So, I'm not really Grumpy dwarf status at Disneyland.

I wave on everything!
    while on Casey JR, i wave to the story book boats!
    while im on anything really i wave at people and smile around!!! D
    on the rockets in front of tomorrowland from way up there in the sky i wave!
    haha i think im a face character OKAY, I WILL ADMIT. lol
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME ºoº
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast