Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is a better wake up drink at Disneyland? Coffee, tea, soda, or nothing at all?

Basically put it, I was relentless at sleeping the night prior to a whole day trip to Disneyland planned today. I didn't get enough sleep as I would of liked, so I am wondering, what is the best wake up drink to have at Disneyland? I heard the coffee is absolutely horrible at the Disneyland Park and would rather not try it myself. The only tea I like to enjoy inside the park is available at any of the sit-down eateries. You know, the hot water, the tea bag, the tea cup, the two packets of sugar + 3 pourings of cream...the best kind of tea really. I know soda has a lot of caffeine in it but it seems a bit of a wrong idea to me to have any kind of soft drink so early in the day. Or is there some sort of alternative to these three available somewhere in the park?

So what are your thoughts? I would love to hear from you guys on your opinions on what the best wake up drink would be.

PS: Personally as a last ditch moment I would try that 'Wake Up' juice concocted from the movie 'Back to the Future Part III' to see if that would work.

Although I may find it a bit hard to keep down knowing what goes into it

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• The doctor is in

Re: What is a better wake up drink at Disneyland? Coffee, tea, soda, or nothing at al

I'm usually good with a big glass of apple juice in the morning. After a couple hours is when I start looking for some caffeine. I'll usually grab a Coke or something.
    Last edited by DrFink; 07-19-2013 at 07:24 AM.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Closed Account

Re: What is a better wake up drink at Disneyland? Coffee, tea, soda, or nothing at al

I'm a chocolate milk person in the morning at Disneyland. I have chocolate milk at home, usually Nesquik, so it's no different at Disneyland.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Since I cut out soda, I drink water and have for months so it works for me. The husband heads in with a large coffee. Sometimes we stock up fresh juice to go with breakfast to get a solid start of the day (especially when staying 3 days or more). We always have something to eat to start the day, because with all that walking we want to set the tone to maintain our healthy eating habits. We find that having a nutritious, healthy breakfast kicks the day off well and makes for a good eating day in the parks.

Now back in the day before we made our eating changes, it was totally soda and coffee along with donuts/ danish, or heavy fat fast food breakfast sammies.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• I'm from Canada eh!

Eat and Apple and grab a coffee; being at Disneyland will do the rest!

Anything in park though? That's my true question right there

• I'm from Canada eh!

If you are going to CA you could hit up Star Bucks for a Vanilla Latte, thats what I always get. Unfortunantly I can't vouch for the coffee in DL.
    I don't think there is anything worng with drink soda this early... infact I'm drinking one now...

Bring a 5 hour energy from a gas station or if staying in the local hotels stop by the 7-11 on Harbor and Katella. Pour that in your coke and you'll be good to go. That is how the mrs. and I handle early DL mornings.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Anything in park though? That's my true question right there
    There isn't really anything in the park that you can't get outside for less money, imo.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

I like tea when I am at home but sometimes when I am at the park, I get so excited and I don't want to toss a drink I just paid for that I will skip a drink completely.

It was settled. I had an earl grey tea with cream and sugar at Carnation Cafe with the waffle for breakfast. I hope this will keep me awake for most of the day.

used to be a tradition to get a cinnamon tea latte first thing at the market house. now, i'm not so sure what it'll be...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    I heard the coffee is absolutely horrible at the Disneyland Park and would rather not try it myself.
    Not all of the coffee in the parks is horrible. Go to the Pig Cafe.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I am one of the weirdos who actually likes the coffee at the Tomorrowland Terrace, so I usually get that or I go for Starbucks in DCA.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Our family loves Jamba Juice! There is one in DTD and it is a perfect morning drink when visiting the parks. They are refreshing and filling and you can add boosts to them like vitamins and protein. They have a B vitamin energy boost.

Otherwise, water or orange juice are also good alternatives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast