Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Why isn't Disneyland President Michael Colglazier More Prominent at the Resort?

Reading this weeks " In the Parks" I noticed DLR President Michael Colglazier Pressence is the parks is secondary , as oppose to past presidents of the resort , who were more people persons like George Kalogridis and Ed Grier,

I know that Michael is new , but guests here like to be heard and interact with Him, interesting to see what happens!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Why isn't Disneyland President Michael Colglazier More Prominent at the Resort?

Being out for show does not actually accomplish anything.

And Ed Grier was constantly given the third degree for not being seen in the parks despite being the one around when a lot of stuff Kalogridis gets credit for was started.

• Minion

Re: Why isn't Disneyland President Michael Colglazier More Prominent at the Resort?

Michael has been out plenty. Because he missed the rededication ceremony doesn't mean anything. Michael has been meeting and working directly with frontline CMs since his arrival in Anaheim, which is 10000x more important in my opinion than showing up for photo ops.

• Former Churro Jockey

I agree with the article on here today that says he probably doesn't realize that anyone cares because at WDW the guests out there didn't care.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• I'm from Canada eh!

The Dis-geek podcast reported that he was there at the Swing-dance night talking with guests.

I think he is out there... you just need to find him

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

He's been out before working ODV just in a normal cast uniform, selling popcorn to average tourists. He's there when he needs to be, and has other jobs to do in addition.

Colglazier has been known to take up CM positions before and there were 58 characters in the celebration: how do we know he wasn't one of them? :-)

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I agree with the article on here today that says he probably doesn't realize that anyone cares because at WDW the guests out there didn't care.
    One of the first things he did upon showing up in Anaheim was make sure he was seen working front line positions and walking around the parks.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdarkness View Post
    Colglazier has been known to take up CM positions before and there were 58 characters in the celebration: how do we know he wasn't one of them? :-)
    Does anybody have pics?

• Rock Star Minion

So, we want a park president who is out walking/working the parks all the time, but not there only for the photo ops.

Got it.

imo, I need to see a lot more action (*cough* 60th anniversary *cough*) before I refer to him as "Cast Member Michael."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Tour Ready

I met him for the first time on the 4th of July. He was out in the Park in the oppressive heat walking with DL VP John Storbeck. He was very warm and genuine. I wish him well because tat means the Park will do well!

• Avid MC reader since 2005

We saw him in the breezeway of Zocalo in April. He was talking to a guest and looking at a map with him. When they were done we talked to him for a couple minutes and took a picture with him. He was very polite but I got the feeling that he didn't like being recognized very much. The guest who spoke to him before us came up to me later and asked who he was - he didn't even know who he was chatting with.

• No Disassemble!

His hazings as new president haven't been going so well and he may have been caught up in something...

Name:  haunted_mansion_coffin1.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  105.4 KB
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Disneyland Dreamer

If I were him, I'd make it a point to go daily.

He was known to be out a few times.

But it shouldn't matter.

At the end of the day, as long as he's doing his job then thats all.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast