Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

What if the 3rd gate was Disney's America but with a Marvel Twist!

Like some of you here, I myself don't want to see Marvel in Either DL or DCA as I think those parks work well with they have , and would leave Marvel for the 3rd gate in the future , but with a twist , name it "Disney's America" featuring the Marvel heroes
    I believe the Disney's America was brought up once and they wanted to build the park in Virginia, but that was scrapped , but this idea with the Marvel Characters could work , especially here in California, with the Comic Con so close it could come from San Diego to Anaheim when this happens as well

Just an Idea , please share your thoughts !
    Attached Images Attached Images   

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: What if the 3rd gate was Disney's America but with a Marvel Twist!

They already built a dumbed-down Disney's America (it stands in what used to be the Disneyland parking lot).....do we really need another?

I'd love to see Disney's America built(the originally conceived one, not a watered down Marvel version).....but I fear Disney no longer has the talent, imagination or prowess to do it.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    They already built a dumbed-down Disney's America (it stands in what used to be the Disneyland parking lot).....do we really need another?

I'd love to see Disney's America built(the originally conceived one, not a watered down Marvel version).....but I fear Disney no longer has the talent, imagination or prowess to do it.
    Sadly you might be right!

• Singing Drinker

*shrug*

Islands of Adventure does well with Marvel Island. Why shouldn't Disney follow the current leader in themed environments?

*hunkers down, braces for impact*

Honestly, they'd probably get shelled back into the 19th century for it.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    *shrug*

Islands of Adventure does well with Marvel Island. Why shouldn't Disney follow the current leader in themed environments?

*hunkers down, braces for impact*

Honestly, they'd probably get shelled back into the 19th century for it.
    They Have to use their Marvel Investment in the parks, I just don't want to see it in DL or DCA so that's why I brought it up for the 3rd gate , And IOA is in Florida , this is for California!

• Singing Drinker

Mainly I was trying in my smartass way to point out that Disney would get nothing but grief. One side would be the "someone's already done that, can't Disney come up with anything new?". Another would be the "can't Disney keep it's hands off American History?". There'd be more.

I'd be very surprised if Disney went with an Americana themed park. Too touchy a subject these days, for one, even with the added distraction of a Marvel overlay.

That being said, I nominate FDR as Professor X in the Hall of Mutant Presidents.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Closed Account

I don't care what they do with Marvel, create a third gate, stick it at Disney's California Adventure, as long as they keep it out of the main park.

I wouldn't mind Marvel in a third park but not at disneyland as I don't think it fits.

From what I've read about it I don't think Disney's America would have been that great and would have been quite serious so I'm not sure how well Marvel would fit, it would be like trying to fit Marvel into EPCOT

• -

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    I don't care what they do with Marvel... ...as long as they keep it out of the main park.
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
    I wouldn't mind Marvel in a third park but not at disneyland as I don't think it fits.
    Too late.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Too late.
    I don't think it's too late until the walls for a Marvel ride go up at Disneyland or DCA (fingers crossed that doesn't happen). What I don't understand about wanting to bring Marvel to Disneyland, is why they want to do something that's already been done by Universal Island Of Adventure. Disneyland has always prided itself on doing something unique from other theme parks, to me bringing Marvel to Disneyland would be like putting Donald Duck at Six Flags to compete with Daffy Duck. Just my opinion.

I don't think it's too late until the walls for a Marvel ride go up at Disneyland or DCA (fingers crossed that doesn't happen). What I don't understand about wanting to bring Marvel to Disneyland, is why they want to do something that's already been done by Universal Island Of Adventure.
    Because it's incredibly valuable intellectual property (and it's only going to become more valuable when the Avengers sequel comes out) and Disney already owns it.

• -

I don't think it's too late until the walls for a Marvel ride go up at Disneyland or DCA (fingers crossed that doesn't happen). What I don't understand about wanting to bring Marvel to Disneyland, is why they want to do something that's already been done by Universal Island Of Adventure. Disneyland has always prided itself on doing something unique from other theme parks, to me bringing Marvel to Disneyland would be like putting Donald Duck at Six Flags to compete with Daffy Duck. Just my opinion.
    It's too late because Marvel is already in Disneyland.

As for Disney not doing it because Universal has done it, that's like saying Disney shouldn't have opened Pirates because boat rides already existed. Or not opening Splash because log rides existed. There is no reason Disney has to follow Universal's exact model and can't do it bigger and better.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Closed Account

It's too late because Marvel is already in Disneyland.
    Other than Innoventions which doesn't even count as Disneyland (since it has been incredibly unpopular for a long time and it's not a ride) where does Marvel occur inside Disneyland?

• Closed Account

As for Disney not doing it because Universal has done it, that's like saying Disney shouldn't have opened Pirates because boat rides already existed. Or not opening Splash because log rides existed. There is no reason Disney has to follow Universal's exact model and can't do it bigger and better.
    No it's not. It's like saying either Disney or Universal owns Marvel, they can't both own Marvel as they are two separate companies. If Universal doesn't own Marvel, they need to get it out of their park. It would be like Snoopy coming to Disneyland to replace Pluto.

• -

Other than Innoventions which doesn't even count as Disneyland (since it has been incredibly unpopular for a long time and it's not a ride) where does Marvel occur inside Disneyland?
    I must be misreading my Disneyland map because I could have sworn that I saw Innoventions listed there.
    No it's not. It's like saying either Disney or Universal owns Marvel, they can't both own Marvel as they are two separate companies. If Universal doesn't own Marvel, they need to get it out of their park. It would be like Snoopy coming to Disneyland to replace Pluto.
    Universal never owned Marvel. They don't own Marvel now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast