Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fast Pass Plus

• Disneyland Dreamer

Fast Pass Plus

Do you think they will incorporate that all linked bracelets can utilize FP vs. assigning FP to individual bracelets? As my family is spread out in age (really height), the oldest daughter and I tend to ride the high height rides, and tend to do so via taking the entire party's admission cards and getting 4 FP vs. just the 2 we could get being her and I. This could have a serious down side as I'll typically grab all the cards and go get FP for something while the wife and girls are doing something "girly" like getting made over.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Fast Pass Plus

Hopefully the bracelets will stop people from doing that.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Why? The FP is a feature of the pass you buy. You are allowed certain amt of FP per day per ticket purchased. Whether the actual person who the FP is a allocated to is the one riding the ride or not, its still a feature of buying your ticket.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Why? The FP is a feature of the pass you buy. You are allowed certain amt of FP per day per ticket purchased. Whether the actual person who the FP is a allocated to is the one riding the ride or not, its still a feature of buying your ticket.
    Then buy extra tickets.......last time I looked there was a little note on those tickets saying something to the effect that they are not transferable. I would assume that doesn't just mean that admission isn't transferable but all the perks those tickets come with are not either.

The ride capacity does not increase just because you found a loophole........every time you use those extra fp's you're making a longer wait for other people; the crime is not a victimless one no matter how one may spin it to oneself

• Minion

this

• Disneyland Dreamer

The ride capacity does not increase just because you found a loophole........every time you use those extra fp's you're making a longer wait for other people; the crime is not a victimless one no matter how one may spin it to oneself
    What are you talking about? A FP is a FP no matter who uses it. You are prevented from getting another FP until the begin time on your FP has passed. Henceforth, there's no "stealing" capacity.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

What are you talking about?
    Having to wait longer in the standby line than I should have to.

You are prevented from getting another FP until the begin time on your FP has passed.
    Are you? Seems to me our entire back and forth is predicated on the fact that you are not so constrained.....in fact, your op can be summed up as follows: "is the gravy train of getting to use FP's that my personal ticket did not entitle me to going to end with FP+? "

I am not saying you shouldn't use it with the way things are now....the loophole is there and there is nothing wrong with taking advantage of it; I am just hoping the loophole will be closed and for the reasons (quite valid ones imho) I have stated.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Having to wait longer in the standby line than I should have to.

Are you? Seems to me our entire back and forth is predicated on the fact that you are not so constrained.....in fact, your op can be summed up as follows: "is the gravy train of getting to use FP's that my personal ticket did not entitle me to going to end with FP+?
    If a person buys tickets (as in multiple), they should get full use of the tickets whether it be them, or another. It may be a loophole as Disney views it, but I view it as getting what was paid for.

I am not saying you shouldn't use it with the way things are now....the loophole is there and there is nothing wrong with taking advantage of it; I am just hoping the loophole will be closed and for the reasons (quite valid ones imho) I have stated.
    It diminishes the value of the park passes if one cannot use all purchased tickets to obtain FP. I don't really think of it as a loophole but exercising what was paid for. It also allows one person to obtain the passes for the entire party. Obviously FP+ would get rid of this need because you select your FP ahead of time, no running to kiosks, but I'd like to see it implemented where you select FP for the group, and first used for each time period redeems them. It's not screwing up capacity at all because the allocation is there whether it is the same individuals using them or multiple people. Its still a seat in a ride vehicle.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

If a person buys tickets (as in multiple), they should get full use of the tickets whether it be them, or another. It may be a loophole as Disney views it, but I view it as getting what was paid for.
    Disney probably doesn't even care....they're selling something they don't really even own (other people's time).

It diminishes the value of the park passes if one cannot use all purchased tickets to obtain FP.
    Really? I was under the impression that those in your party who were not using their FP's were still engaged in maximum enjoyment....are you suggesting they are not

I don't really think of it as a loophole but exercising what was paid for.
    Again, it's a ride reservation system.....if you make reservations at a restaurant and when you arrive realize you didn't need them do you ask the manager for your money back? Fast Pass is, to put it bluntly, leverage against other guests who also bought a ticket to get in.

It's not screwing up capacity at all because the allocation is there whether it is the same individuals using them or multiple people.
    NO, it's not "screwing up capacity" because the rides still run at the same speed and with the same number of seats.....what it is 'screwing up' is the wait times for other guests.

Its still a seat in a ride vehicle.
    If that's all it is why the need for FP in the first place?

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

Then buy extra tickets.......last time I looked there was a little note on those tickets saying something to the effect that they are not transferable. I would assume that doesn't just mean that admission isn't transferable but all the perks those tickets come with are not either.

So would you say that when people have to leave early and decide to give their FPs to total strangers, they are breaking the rules because FPs are not transferable?

Fluffy Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by lady3jane View Post
    So would you say that when people have to leave early and decide to give their FPs to total strangers, they are breaking the rules because FPs are not transferable?
    Technically, yes, they are breaking the rules. But it is such a minor matter that it isn't worth the time or effort to enforce it. Fast pass plus will make it a moot point.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by lady3jane View Post
    Firstly, I don't think anyone is seriously breaking rules right now.......I am just hoping the FP+ makes it so people who do not want to experience a fp attraction can't "cut" in front of someone who does.

As for giving your unused fastpasses to a stranger.....you may think you're being magnanimous(and to the stranger, maybe you are) but instead of helping one person a whole bunch have you considered helping a whole bunch of people a little? By throwing unused fp's away you are speeding up the line for everyone in the standby line. They won't know you helped them and you definitely want get any gratitude.....but isn't true charity about not being recognized?

From what I've read, the rumors are that each person will only be allowed 2-4 FP per day, so even if the wristbands are individual and not linked, someone else in a party would be giving up one of their 4 FP for the day.

I know that it hasn't been confirmed if/when FP+ will be rolled out for DLR, but I sort of hope it doesn't. I get why it would be useful at WDW when most guests are planning trips far in advance, but with the high number of AP's and day visitors to DLR, IMHO, I don't think it would be the most enjoyable experience. Personally, we only plan our trips about a week or two ahead of time; the idea that I'd have to make reservations like ADR's beforehand is appealing if its day of or perhaps the day before, but knowing that I'm competing with others who make reservations 60 days in advance is a bummer.

• Disneyland Dreamer

NO, it's not "screwing up capacity" because the rides still run at the same speed and with the same number of seats.....what it is 'screwing up' is the wait times for other guests.
    How so? There is planned capacity and wait time ratios between FP vs Standby and as the FP is taken into accout whether my entire party uses their FP, or just select members, 4 FP is still 4 seats on the ride. The rider doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

How so? There is planned capacity and wait time ratios between FP vs Standby and as the FP is taken into accout whether my entire party uses their FP, or just select members, 4 FP is still 4 seats on the ride. The rider doesn't matter.
    And you don't think those "planned" ratios heed the fact that not everyone wants to ride fast pass attractions

Let's make this simpler.......suppose you and one other rider go up to a fast pass machine and get the last 4 fast pass tickets for Indy. Now suppose there were 2 people behind you in line for fast passes.......they have to wait in an hour long standby line to ride Indy while in the same period of time you may get to ride it two times (plus have time left over to do a little shopping).

Knowing this, would you say your use of the extra fp's had a negative or positive effect on other park guests?

(again, I am not judging you or others who do this; I am not even saying I've never done it....I am just saying I want Disney to stop it)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast