A bit of advanced planing

Help I am planning a family reunion type trip it will bemy family (me my wife son 5 and little girl 6) my mom and dad my sister and herhusband and my wife’s mom and dad. We want to do this in December of 2014 (I knowlong time out but I am a planer) how would December 7th to the 13thlook for crowds and such.

• Closed Account

Re: A bit of advanced planing

Quote Originally Posted by mousedaddy View Post
    Help I am planning a family reunion type trip it will bemy family (me my wife son 5 and little girl 6) my mom and dad my sister and herhusband and my wife’s mom and dad. We want to do this in December of 2014 (I knowlong time out but I am a planer) how would December 7th to the 13thlook for crowds and such.
    Saturday and Sunday will be heavy crowds seasonally, but the weekdays will be lighter on the crowds because it's before Winter Break. It's a great time of year to visit Disneyland. You will get to see everything about Disneyland in it's full splendor for the Christmas Season, without the Winter Break crowds. It will be more crowded than a typical off season day, but definitely worthwhile in terms of crowds and wait times.

The big "unknown" factor right now is the Christmas Party situation, whether Disneyland will do a paid or free Christmas party. If they do a paid Christmas Party, you may miss out on the Christmas Parade and the fireworks. Again, this is a big "unknown" because an announcement hasn't been made either way yet.

The only thing to consider is the Candlelight Processional, usually the first weekend. Many people enjoy it, but it does clog up Main Street in the afternoon. The train and Jungle Cruise also close during the processional. Other than that, early to mid Dec is a great time to go. As Johnlawwhiskey said, you get all the lights, decorations and holiday everything without the holiday week and winter break crowds. My daughter and I go the second weekend every year.

Thank you all sunday the 7th and saturday the 13th will be travle days we will not be in the parks the 7th is for setling in and resting and the 13th is for check out and every one except dad (me) sleeping off the trip