Mickey's Halloween Party 2013

I am going to Disneyland October 1-3rd and I have just discovered that Disneyland is having Mickey's Halloween Party on the 2nd (perfect!). I have read the information on the website but I have a few questions.

1. Do they shut down the park to regular guests as of 6pm when the party starts?
    2. Has anyone been turned away because they were wearing a Disney Character costume? (not the slutty kind) I know the website says that you can dress like a Disney Character, you just can't pose for photos and sign autographs. I have a Belle costume and I LOVE it, but I don't want to be turned away.
    3. Does the park close and then re-open or can you just stay in the park if you've already paid for standard park admission?
    4. Is it worth $59?
    5. Does Mickey's Halloween Party mean impossibly long lines for rides?
    6. What are your "Must do"s?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Mickey's Halloween Party 2013

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post

1. Do they shut down the park to regular guests as of 6pm when the party starts?
    Pretty much.....

2. Has anyone been turned away because they were wearing a Disney Character costume?
    Yes, but it's rare.

3. Does the park close and then re-open or can you just stay in the park if you've already paid for standard park admission?
    It stays open and If you have your wristband you can stay.

4. Is it worth $59?
    YES!

No, the lines will be somewhere between -short- and -walk-on-

Just walk around and take things as they come......truly my best Disneyland experience in the last 10+ years was at the Halloween Party
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post

No, the lines will be somewhere between -short- and -walk- on
    The exceptions for this is HMH and SMGG which typically have longer lines due to the overlays

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    The exceptions for this is HMH and SMGG which typically have longer lines due to the overlays
    I suppose so although the last time I went those two were also -walk-on- (but, to be fair, it was raining that day)
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Name:  1-IMG_0320.JPG
Views: 767
Size:  180.7 KB

This is my Grandson and his costume we JUST finished for the upcoming Halloween Party. We will be attending on the 8th and we just can't wait. He was pretty excited when I got the cloak finished for him. His Jedi belt is actually two belts that I put together and had to size down for him. Found some boots for him and then his karate uniform, and voila'. OH! And the lightsaber, of course! I have to say it turned out pretty well if I do say so myself! Now we just have to wait for our trip to get here....and think of a costume for me...hummmmm.

• Halloween 2011

2. Has anyone been turned away because they were wearing a Disney Character costume? (not the slutty kind) I know the website says that you can dress like a Disney Character, you just can't pose for photos and sign autographs. I have a Belle costume and I LOVE it, but I don't want to be turned away.
    4. Is it worth $59?
    1. Yes, no new entries are permitted after 6pm without presenting a Party ticket.
    2. People have been turned away. I know of one guest who wore an elaborate Hatbox Ghost makeup and was asked to leave because it interfered with his vision (or Disney couldn't see enough facial features - a violation of their party dress code). I went as Winifred from Hocus Pocus and had no problems, even posing for many pictures.
    3. The park stays open. Regular day guests without wristbands are encouraged to exit and are prevented from boarding attractions or getting into the candy lines.
    4. In my opinion, yes it is worth the $59. If I had an Annual Pass or had already purchased a day ticket, maybe not. For me, with no AP and no day ticket, it is a significant discount over the regular park ticket price with roughly 8 hours of park time.
    5. Lines can be long. FastPass does not operate during the party, so everything is stand-by. Space Mountain was especially long, as was Haunted Mansion Holiday. But the trick is to jump on those during or just after fireworks, when most parents will be heading for the exits.
    6. The only Halloween-themed must-dos are Space Mountain, HMH, and the fireworks. I can avoid the parade, which felt like a version of the Rainy Day Cavalcade: very small.

I have no real useful information for you, but your question about Disney costumes reminds me of an incident at the one Halloween party Ive attended. There was a girl dressed as Jasmine, and she was actually a better Jasmine than the character walking the park with Aladdin. People were crowding her and asking for autographs. She and her husband kept telling everyone that shes not the "real" Jasmine, and that she's not allowed to act like a "real" princess, but people continued crowding her. A group of CMs did come to kick her out, but a few of us came to her rescue and told them how she was doing everything within her power to ward the crowd off. In the end, they let her stay because she was not intentionally posing as a DL princess. So while they do enforce the rules, I think theyre pretty fair about it.

I am going to be purchasing 2 3-day park hoppers for my trip and then the additional 2 tickets for the Halloween Party, is there a better way to do it (cost wise)?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    2. People have been turned away. I know of one guest who wore an elaborate Hatbox Ghost makeup and was asked to leave because it interfered with his vision (or Disney couldn't see enough facial features - a violation of their party dress code)
    Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    . She and her husband kept telling everyone that shes not the "real" Jasmine, and that she's not allowed to act like a "real" princess, but people continued crowding her.
    All costumes can not cover the face, can not drag on the ground, and the wearer can not act like a CM. That basically covers it.

As to the lines. During the parties some lines are short. The Space and HM lines are big. Ride those rides on other days. The layovers last the whole time.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am going to be purchasing 2 3-day park hoppers for my trip and then the additional 2 tickets for the Halloween Party, is there a better way to do it (cost wise)?
    Sounds like a good plan to me. However, you need to decide whether or not you want to use a day off your parkhopper, on the day of the Halloween Party. If it was me, I would spend the hours before the Halloween party doing "outside the park activites". I believe you are able to enter the party at 4 p.m.

In other words spend 3 days in the parks with your 3 day parkhoppers, and on the 4th day, attend the Halloween Party.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    All costumes can not cover the face, can not drag on the ground, and the wearer can not act like a CM. That basically covers it.
    I saw photos from maybe a couple years ago of someone wearing an AWESOME Oogie Boogie costume they made themselves (which covered them completely, including a full mask). They didn't get turned away or get kicked out.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Sounds like a good plan to me. However, you need to decide whether or not you want to use a day off your parkhopper, on the day of the Halloween Party. If it was me, I would spend the hours before the Halloween party doing "outside the park activites". I believe you are able to enter the party at 4 p.m.

In other words spend 3 days in the parks with your 3 day parkhoppers, and on the 4th day, attend the Halloween Party.
    Since they are attending a weekday party, rather then Friday, the party is 6-11 not 7-11. So they can enter with a party ticket at 3pm. Using the party ticket as one day at DL, as Barbaraann suggests, is good advice to extend a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I saw photos from maybe a couple years ago of someone wearing an AWESOME Oogie Boogie costume they made themselves (which covered them completely, including a full mask). They didn't get turned away or get kicked out.
    They did violate official rules. They got lucky. Don't plan on getting lucky too if you try it.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Must do's are check out the Dapper Dans being the Cadaver Dans & there's the dance parties with the characters.

For me, I have to see the fireworks. I personally think it's the best set they do all year.

HM & SMGG can be done anytime, so you can save time checking out other stuff.
    Also can be done any time other than at the party is the Halloween Carnival at Big Thunder Ranch to make a Halloween mask, Mickey and his friends in costume, Billy Hill and the "Haunted" Hillbillies and the Magic Cauldron Sideshow.

The parade is cute, but I can do without it. So up to you if you want to spend time waiting for it.

I'll be there for the party on the 11th. Most fun I have is checking out everyone else's costumes
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/