Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• King of the Sun

Talking Trader Sam's Drink Mixes?

Anyone know the ingredients to any of the specialty drinks they serve? More specifically the Zombie Shrunken Head? I've been craving one ever since I got back home!
    Also any other Disneyland inspired drinks?

• Missing my AP

Re: Trader Sam's Drink Mixes?

Alas, I wasn't able to get any drinks when I was at Trader Sam's but as far as Disneyland inspired drinks, there are Disney Park related cookbooks and websites where you can find some. I have made "Tangaroa Teasers" and "Monorail Yellows" from "Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook" for our "7/17" parties.
    "...It's dead wore out I be...a might too fast these light footed wenches be, for the likes of an old swagbellied pirate such as I..."

"*click-click-click-click-click-click-click.......sploosh!!*"(Sir Didymus)

• King of the Sun

Links?
    And you gotta go! When I had the shrunken head my face actually went numb!

• Closed Account

From Trader Sam's:
    I've seen a couple holiday recipes online: Make Your Own Wild Holiday Cocktails with Recipes from Trader Sam’s at the Disneyland Hotel « Disney Parks Blog

I've also seen the Schweitzer Falls recipe: Focused on the Magic : Disney InsidEARS News: Trader Sam’s Schweitzer Falls Cocktail Recipe

Those are the only ones I have seen online. Maybe someone else knows of others.

General Disneyland drink recipes: Disney Recipes | Drink Recipes

• Missing my AP

Here is a link that describes some of the Drinks at Trader Sam's with enough detail to experiment with if you cant find them with a google search.
    Review: Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar | the disney food blog
    "...It's dead wore out I be...a might too fast these light footed wenches be, for the likes of an old swagbellied pirate such as I..."

"*click-click-click-click-click-click-click.......sploosh!!*"(Sir Didymus)

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheCoyotes View Post
    And you gotta go! When I had the shrunken head my face actually went numb!
    Haha!! That's my husband's favorite drink there. I love the Krakatoa (however its spelled) punch, myself. Zombie head is a little strong for me. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with virgin drinks for a while longer, but even those have been pretty delicious and unique!

I'll be stalking this thread to see if anyone is able to come up with a recipe. Sorry I'm of no help with that!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• King of the Sun

it probably was also because I drank it in like a minute but man what a feeling!

• King of the Sun

• Banned User

I've actually tried to make some of these! Doesn't work without the exact same stuff though. their ingredients are pricey.

• King of the Sun

I'd be willing to pay it! IT'S SO TASTY! DDD:

• Closed Account

Most of the drinks are pretty common tiki drinks. I suggest heading to amazon and buying Beachbum Remixed by Jeff Berry. Its a fantastic book that goes in great detail about a lot of drinks and gives the recipes for original Don the Beachcomber creations as well as Trader Vic's and a whole lot more. So if you want great Zombie recipes, check that book. They also have several Navy Grog variations. Of course you could probably google the ingredients from Sam's and find some similar drinks (such as Whisky Smash, if you like the Shipwreck on the Rocks) too, but its a much more difficult route.

Unless Disney themselves release the recipes, I wouldn't count on it. About half the drinks use their Gorilla Grog which they won't release exact mix ratios for, even if they tell you what makes the Grog.

• Closed Account

[QUOTE=kkocka;1057002818]recipes for original Don the Beachcomber/QUOTE]

Some of these drink recipes can be found online:
    The Original Zombie Recipe - CHOW

Cocktail Recipe: Zombie Punch

Your Weekend Tiki Cocktail: Don the Beachcomber's Navy Grog |

• Closed Account

True, a lot of the classics are online. However I'd argue that Zombie Punch is different than a Zombie, and the Navy Grog has several variations. What I love about Beachbum Remixed is that it offers all the original recipes and their variations (either stuff that Don later edited, or Jeff Berry himself simplified to more or less get the same result with easier to find ingredients, etc.) For example, the original Navy Grog uses a honey mix which you could certainly make but is a bigger hassle than just opening the agave nectar like Trader Sam's uses. Also, if you want Sam's version of the Navy Grog then you would't want to go by Don the Beachcomber's recipe.

You could certainly search out one by one as I mentioned, but after I bought Beachbum Remixed I do not have a need to buy another cocktail book ever again. It really is fantastic.

If you're having trouble getting the right taste, alter your mixing ratios... a little too much or too little makes drastic changes to taste.

Most of the ingredients can be found at any good "spirit" store such as BevMo. Tropical juices are also easy to find. Trader Joe's has a wonderful juice blend of orange, mango and peach (but looking at the ingredient list it also has apple and pineapple) which makes for a wonderful rum drink (sort of a Mai Tai variation), just add spiced rum and a squeeze of lime! Orgeat is almond syrup (again found at BevMo and also used in flavored coffees), and Falernum is a sweet syrup used in Caribbean and tropical drinks. It contains flavors of almond, ginger and cloves. It is used in cocktails in a manner similar to orgeat syrup.
    TIP: Always use good quality spirits and flavorings!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast