Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Carthay Circle vs. Napa Rose - your thoughts?

This thread aroused my curiosity, so I went over to the Disneyland website to take a look at Napa Rose's dinner menu, got to the main courses, and ... you do know that "rock dove" is pigeon, yes? $39 for a pigeon?
    ______
    Rachane

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I've only been to CC once and I had a good time, if if it's inconsistent that seems a bit risky.

I was also thinking of calling up a waterside table for BB, but in my experience the quality of the location near the water can be hit and miss. You could be out on the edge or you could be near the kitchen door.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Rachane View Post
    This thread aroused my curiosity, so I went over to the Disneyland website to take a look at Napa Rose's dinner menu, got to the main courses, and ... you do know that "rock dove" is pigeon, yes? $39 for a pigeon?
    Well, yes?

"Squab" is also something you'll see thrown around in gourmet meals. It's a *young* pigeon.

Just because it's a pest animal here doesn't mean it's not considered a valued animal or food elsewhere. We pay $50 and up for cockatiels that are considered vermin of the highest order in Australia. And don't even get Aussies STARTED on rabbits.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Talking Re: Carthay Circle vs. Napa Rose - your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Well, yes? "Squab" is also something you'll see thrown around in gourmet meals. It's a *young* pigeon.
    Napa Rose does not have squab on its menu, so this is irrelevant. However I daresay that few diners would order the "exotic" rock dove under its familiar name. What exquisite culinary delicacy awaits us next? Sauté of rattus norvegicus?

Just because it's a pest animal here doesn't mean it's not considered a valued animal or food elsewhere.
    Personally I don't consider pige-, er, rock doves "pests" at all. They're all over San Francisco, eating up all the tourist litter, and pooping only on those whose karma clearly needs leveling. As I recall, these charming little fellows were the pets of royalty in France. Don't know offhand whether this was commemorated by eating a beloved-departed, however.

We pay $50 and up for cockatiels that are considered vermin of the highest order in Australia. And don't even get Aussies STARTED on rabbits.
    You must travel in different gourmet circles than I do; I've never seen cockatiel on a menu, and don't think I'd care for it at any price. I like cockatiels as much as rock doves. Same goes for bunnies. Maybe Napa Rose will treat us to filet macropodidæ one of these days.

______
    Rachane

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12