Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: If you could make the Halloween party really scary, what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Great ideas all! And some funny ones too!

^ you got me thinking about something. In the big finale scene what if from time to time the room switched between regular lighting and black light. And when the room was black lit it would reveal terrifying writing & demonic symbols on the walls and the faces of the dolls would change from normal to macabre faces all using black light reactive paint. The music could start up and slow down like it was playing on an old record player.
    My mind is whirling with ideas. I like your idea, maybe even start with the white room but clearly broken some parts draped or "shut" (only very faint or no music) and then light's out for a second or 2 and then, backlight the dolls so they're only in silhouette and "reveal" either demonic writing you mentioned and/or things that wouldn't have been visible otherwise.

If you want scary, go to the Knotts Scary Farm. DL is targeting the younger crowd. Someplace in between would be the Haunted Train Ride at the L.A. Live Steamers club near Griffith Park.

I can describe one of the scenarios. The train goes between two hillbilly shacks with armed hillbillies on either side of the track. Google: ghost train for more info.

•   
    • Minion

I would add dark rides somewhere in the park showcasing some of the darker animated shorts that Walt did. The dark rides would be removable so they aren't always there. The lonesome ghosts comes to mind the mad doctor, maybe the old mill.

I could see a Mickey Mouse Runaway Brain dark ride.

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    If you want scary, go to the Knotts Scary Farm. DL is targeting the younger crowd. Someplace in between would be the Haunted Train Ride at the L.A. Live Steamers club near Griffith Park.

I can describe one of the scenarios. The train goes between two hillbilly shacks with armed hillbillies on either side of the track. Google: ghost train for more info.
    I am glad that Disneyland is kept kid friendly. I'm a big scardy cat. I have a wonderful time with the ideas, but I would give a big PASS to attending a scary event at Disneyland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    Turn Captain EO into a 3D version of thriller
    YES!!!

Great thread, BTW. I'd give Sleeping Beauty Castle a makeover, specifically a look that mimics the one from the film, when Maleficent cast the evil spell. It would be more scary, with fog and black water in the moat. Thorns and dead trees everywhere, and animatronic crows in various places of the castle. There wouldn't be much light shining on SBC. It would look dead and abandoned.

Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Former Churro Jockey

It wouldn't be just for Mickey's, but the old Alien Encounter from the Magic Kingdom would fit exactly where Innoventions is now...
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Minion

Going off the suggestion for using outside properties, how about putting a bunch of Doctor Who monsters in Tomorrowland? Also put Weeping Angels in New Orleans Square and the hub.

M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I would add dark rides somewhere in the park showcasing some of the darker animated shorts that Walt did. The dark rides would be removable so they aren't always there. The lonesome ghosts comes to mind the mad doctor, maybe the old mill.
    Chernabog comes to mind as well. Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
    I could see a Mickey Mouse Runaway Brain dark ride.
    That would be wonderfully twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    YES!!!

Great thread, BTW.
    Thanks!

I'd give Sleeping Beauty Castle a makeover, specifically a look that mimics the one from the film, when Maleficent cast the evil spell. It would be more scary, with fog and black water in the moat. Thorns and dead trees everywhere, and animatronic crows in various places of the castle. There wouldn't be much light shining on SBC. It would look dead and abandoned.
    Give the walk through attraction a haunted maze-like makeover and it would be a hit attraction for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    It wouldn't be just for Mickey's, but the old Alien Encounter from the Magic Kingdom would fit exactly where Innoventions is now...
    The only Disney attraction ever to be closed because it was too scary makes it's return. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Going off the suggestion for using outside properties, how about putting a bunch of Doctor Who monsters in Tomorrowland? Also put Weeping Angels in New Orleans Square and the hub.
    As a fan of Dr. Who I'd say, heck yes!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Scary is more than things that go bump or jump at you. If I had a hefty budget and a green light, I'd turn that sad aberration of the Matterhorn & turn it into a Night on Bald Mountain complete with a Murphy sized animatronic Chernabog at the summit. Use the soundtrack from Fantasia. Skin the sleds with something dark. Change the gobos to ghouls rising to the top. Give the Harolds a vacation and replace them with animatronic demons. Toss in some fire and smoke & you've got a first rate attraction that harkens back to some classic Disney animation.
    Having a giant Chernabog gazing over Fantasyland would transform the entire area. It's never going to happen, but nice to think about.
    Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gomezaddams View Post
    Scary is more than things that go bump or jump at you. If I had a hefty budget and a green light, I'd turn that sad aberration of the Matterhorn & turn it into a Night on Bald Mountain complete with a Murphy sized animatronic Chernabog at the summit. Use the soundtrack from Fantasia. Skin the sleds with something dark. Change the gobos to ghouls rising to the top. Give the Harolds a vacation and replace them with animatronic demons. Toss in some fire and smoke & you've got a first rate attraction that harkens back to some classic Disney animation.
    Having a giant Chernabog gazing over Fantasyland would transform the entire area. It's never going to happen, but nice to think about.
    I would absolutely love to see that happen.

• No Disassemble!

That would be wicked!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

I know they were commercial failures, but how about mazes or attractions based on the film adaptations to Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes and the Watcher in the Woods?
    a Sleepy Hollow walk through would be great too.
    It's not scary, but how about a show based on the Skeleton Dance cartoon?

I would love to see this happen!

• Banned User

Just don't try the dry ice bomb trick in Toontown; just a lil' advice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast