Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• No Disassemble!

If you could make the Halloween party really scary, what would you do?

Per the title, if Disneyland were to be turned into a spooky Halloween park like what goes on at Knott's or Universal what would attractions and/or themes would you like see there?

Here are some ideas to kick it off:
    - Scares along the Disneyland railroad: Shadowy figures seen silently roaming in the dark along the berms of the rivers of America, scary spooks popping up out of nowhere, and ghastly ghost conductors all await you to join them for a grand circle tour.

- It's a Small "Underworld" After All!: A redress of the famous attraction themed to be an abandoned broken down relic of the world's fair that never made it to Disneyland. It turns out that the looping song "It's a Small World After All" was really a demonic incantation and thus it opened a portal to the underworld. In a panic, Walt abandoned the attraction and boarded up until in 2013 a mysterious energy caused the ride to start up again. This attraction would turn the regular one upside down (figuratively) as the original dolls would be replaced with scarier dolls and scenes would vary between possessed dolls to scenes of full blown massacres. The music would also be changed to a song similar to something used in the video game Epic Mickey. Oh, and the water could be dyed blood red.

- The "Splatter" Horn: The Abominable Snowman has been shooing guests out of house for 54 years now but before his 55th anniversary he's ready to up the auntie. More of the attraction will be pitch black, the Abominable Snowman will be removed from his typical scare zones, and his audio will be removed as well. He will then pop up in other random areas, fog projectors (think POTC) will be setup in unexpected dark areas, and newly recorded growls and howls will be blasted at guests. Guests on the ground walking within 50 yards of the Matterhorn will hear pre-recorded audio of human screams, gruesome fatalities, and blood curling roars emanating from out of the hollowed core of the mountain.
    Last edited by G24T; 07-21-2013 at 11:15 PM.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Re: If you could make the Halloween party really scary, what would you do?

Those are great ideas.

I think it would be fun if they were to turn the cars backward in Space Mountain, the way Six Flags does for Colossus at Fright Fest. The Matterhorn and California Screamin' would work, too. I don't know how realistic that would be, though.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    It turns out that the looping song "It's a Small World After All" was really a demonic incantation and thus it opened a portal to the underworld.
    Would not suprise me one bit! Love the ride, can't STAND the song!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Minion

Ohhhh I like this thread lolol

for Disneyland I'd add scarezones in each land (except toon town)

Mainstreet would have Victorian ghost....pretty simple
    Tomorrowland would be invaded by aliens from the same galaxy as the "ghost" in ghost galaxy. Space Mountain's layover would remain.
    Fantasyland is taken over by werewolves,witches, vampires, and other European folklore creatures. Matterhorn would get added effects.
    Fronteirland would be overrun by the ghost of gunslingers and bandit outlaws
    In Adventureland, the dead bodies of those sacrificed to Mara have risen, and are terrorizing the area seeking revenge.
    NOS and Critter County are turned into Nightmare Bayou, where hoodoo queens are wreaking havoc in the area. Zombi's, rougarou, and hoodoo priest and priestesses would roam the area

• The doctor is in

I love the railroad idea. I think that would be a lot of fun.

I would love to take something from The Conjuring (since I just saw it) for various parts of the park. Have people you can't see clap behind you, like while in the queue for Ghost Galaxy or Haunted Mansion.

You could also transform Big Thunder Mountain at night and make it more of a haunted train ride, similar to the DLR Railroad idea. When you go into the dark caves have sound cues of screams or ghosts and make it spooky.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Disney is so good at buying franchises now. They should buy the rights to Friday the 13th and turn TSI into a scare zone themed to Camp Crystal Lake.

• Heavy Breather

I would show Light Magic again.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Allow guests to ride the Mark Twain alone at night, then have scary people standing in corners as they explore the ship.

make the haunted mansion scary

• Blew By You

I just read something scary on today's Dateline Disneyland. The Cathay Circle restaurant removed its prices from the menu. Disneyland and DCA ought to do that on every menu and board for the Halloween season. You won't know your total until it gets ringed up.

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    I would show Light Magic again.

I'd keep the real scares at DCA that way families will still have DL and won't get "tricked" into taking their children to the scariness. Mazes, scary world of color, monsters and tons of fog on grizzly, horror version of soarin'. I like the idea of screamin' backwards.

I really wish disney would jump in and destroy the halloween competition. With WDI, the results could be truly epic.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Turn Captain EO into a 3D version of thriller

fog on the River of America's and really amp up the voodoo and vampires lore of New Orleans. Allow Guillermo Del Toro to do a Halloween overlay of Haunted Mansion.
    It's A Small "Underworld" after all would be AMAZING, my jaw literally dropped with the possibilities. Slow down the song to that creepy music box twang volume and have "broken", scary altered, or even still figures and make the colors darker and the lighting lower.
    Snow White in the glass coffin, zombified in Fantasyland.
    Create fantasyland in the "if the villains won" sort of theme.

• No Disassemble!

Great ideas all! And some funny ones too!

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
    fog on the River of America's and really amp up the voodoo and vampires lore of New Orleans. Allow Guillermo Del Toro to do a Halloween overlay of Haunted Mansion.
    It's A Small "Underworld" after all would be AMAZING, my jaw literally dropped with the possibilities. Slow down the song to that creepy music box twang volume and have "broken", scary altered, or even still figures and make the colors darker and the lighting lower.
    Snow White in the glass coffin, zombified in Fantasyland.
    Create fantasyland in the "if the villains won" sort of theme.
    ^ you got me thinking about something. In the big finale scene what if from time to time the room switched between regular lighting and black light. And when the room was black lit it would reveal terrifying writing & demonic symbols on the walls and the faces of the dolls would change from normal to macabre faces all using black light reactive paint. The music could start up and slow down like it was playing on an old record player.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast