Is Mickey's Halloween Party Worth it For Pass Holders?

My sister and I are annual pass holders, and I was just wondering if going to Mickey's Halloween Party was worth it. I know you get lots of candy, and can meet the villains, but what else is there to justify spending the money when we can already go to Disneyland with our pass for free? Does anyone think its worth it for pass holders to go?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Is Mickey's Halloween Party Worth it For Pass Holders?

This question needs a poll, but after the event, not before it. I'd be interested to hear the opinions of Annual Passholders who spend the money. Do they end up thinking they got their money's worth? Or do they end up feeling that their money could have been better spent on something else?

I am visiting for the first time during the month of October, with time left on my very first Annual Pass. I have decided not to spend the additional money on the party. Most likely, the evening of October 15th, you can find me enjoying DCA instead, after 6 p.m. in the evening.

• Mistress of Evil

It was not worth it for us.
    We went last year with DD (4 at the time). We have Deluxe AP's and live in Northern CA. The lines for candy and the villian M&G were too long for my liking, so we did not get tons of candy or meet lots of characters. DH just would not get in the treat lines considering it was candy you could get at any store. All of the stuff we did at the party (with the exception of the HS Fireworks) we could do (and did) during the day.
    We are going again in early October and discussed attending the party, but decided not to waste the $, and to spend it on a nice dinner at Carthay or something.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Yep. Did it last year and it was terrible. You get the Halloween fireworks and a terrible nighttime parade and a bag full of candy which you would get more candy from a $10 bag from Walmart. Its not worth it.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

•   
    • Minion

I am an AP who has been to two Halloween parties. I loved them. Plans are already in the works to return for this year.

For me, in addition to the trick or treating, the villains and the ability to wear a costume around the park (everyone loves a costume party!), it's about the spooky makeover that they give to the park. The Cadaver Dans. The Ghost Ship on the Rivers of America. The AMAZING fireworks. Plus, Halloween is my favorite holiday.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

I have an AP and have gone to the Halloween Party for the past two years. This year is a "No." Other family members, with APs, are coming down from Northern California for the fifth year in a row for the party. They love it and have already purchased their tickets.

It all depends on your finances but I think you have to go at least once. It's fun and memorable.

We live in Northern California and went last year (10/18) and had a great time. Within a few minutes of the treat stations opening up, our bags were full. Then we spent the rest of the evening going on rides. We actually set a personal record with the amount of rides we rode in one day. We're going on the 18th again this year and want to try to break our previous record.

For me, Mickey's Halloween Party is a rip-off! But then again, I'm not one for fireworks, and they have used the same Halloween Cavalcade since MHP first began. And as for the candy, why wait in LONG lines to get something cheap. And the main characters are still in their spooky outfits during the season on regular days, so you can still get photos taken with them. Plus, the Park is still decorated nicely for the season.

My best friend LOVES to go to this event every year, despite the price increase and what little you get for it. And in the past, I've usually gone with him. But this year I'll probably skip it. I'd rather spend my money on something new/different, or just something that's worth the price of admission. For instance, as a Knott's season passholder, ticket prices for The Haunt are cheaper than MHP, and at Knott's Scary Farm, you get SO MUCH MORE to experience, and it's way more fun!!

So to answer your question in a single word...NO!

• I am number 4 of 999

I didn't think it was "worth it" when I was a passholder for almost all of the reasons already mentioned.

1. If you want candy, just buy it.
    2. Long lines for the specific Halloween offerings (Villains, candy, etc)
    3. No lines for attractions, but you can already ride them in the off seasons with no lines as a passholder.
    4. Not a fan of wearing costumes.
    5. I can watch the fireworks and parade on youtube.
    6. Knott's Scary Farms is going to have Elvira, Mistress of the Dark!
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".