Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Under that tree again!

No fridge in the room a possibility.

As vague as the language is it may be a surprise when you get to your room.

Please note due to a possible defect in refrigerators in some of the Guest rooms at the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, Resort Hotels at these locations have removed or temporarily disconnected Guest room refrigerators until the issue can be resolved.
    Guests staying at these Resort hotels will be notified of the refrigerator removal via a letter in their room. Currently the schedule for replacing the refrigerators at these Resorts is expected to last several months.
    I'm interested to know what refrigerators have problems. It may be in the fully remodeled Disneyland Hotel Rooms and new Art of Animation Resort. These projects came around the same time.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Senior Minion

Re: No fridge in the room a possibility.

Wait -- this multi-billion-dollar corporation is too broke to rent replacement mini-fridges for their guest rooms until the repairs can be done? Un-be-lievable.

Considering the ridiculously high rates these hotels charge, it'll be interesting to see what Disney does (if anything) to compensate their guests for the inconvenience -- much less to provide them a means of keeping their refrigeratables chilled.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• No Disassemble!

Compared to the crappy fridges you get at the Anaheim Hilton the ones at the DLR are pretty decent. Although, they may have shot themselves in the foot given the wear and tear that the average inconsiderate tourists put them through each day.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

They can't afford any new mini fridges to replace the old ones immediately? Really? What can they possibly be doing that is preventing them from buying more? Nuking them?

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Senior Minion

Please note due to a possible defect in refrigerators in some of the Guest rooms at the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, Resort Hotels at these locations have removed or temporarily disconnected Guest room refrigerators until the issue can be resolved.

Guests staying at these Resort hotels will be notified of the refrigerator removal via a letter in their room. Currently the schedule for replacing the refrigerators at these Resorts is expected to last several months.

On second thought, this can't be real. With every Best Western and HoJo in the country offering room fridges, there's no way Disney can't do the same, especially with the inflated room rates they charge.

It's gotta be a joke.

Either way, I think we'd all be interested to learn the OP's source for this notice.

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

They are in the process of replacing all the fridges. (One caught fire a few weeks ago at teh Grand.) When we were there on the 4th, the ones in our rooms had already been replaced.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Not too surprising, stayed in the Grand Californian last summer and they turned off the water from 11pm till 7am. Not even cold water. Absolutely no running water. Even the toilets weren't working. Only compensation were mini, like TINY bottles of water if we asked for them. And they brought them up about 20 minutes after we did. Not great.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Wait -- this multi-billion-dollar corporation is too broke to rent replacement mini-fridges for their guest rooms until the repairs can be done? Un-be-lievable.
    Probably less of a cost issue and more of an issue of supply. They can't just walk over to the nearest Walmart and order 3000 mini fridges to be shipped overnight from China.

• Senior Minion

I'm sure Disney's crack customer service staff will have no problem explaining their dilemma to guests who are paying $500 a night and have no way to keep their soft drinks, fruit juice, bottled water, baby formula and medications refrigerated.

The other hotels and motels in Anaheim should send Disney flowers of appreciation -- it's the best advertisement to stay anywhere but on Disney property that a HoJo could wish for!

- Neil Gabler

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

On second thought, this can't be real. With every Best Western and HoJo in the country offering room fridges, there's no way Disney can't do the same, especially with the inflated room rates they charge.

It's gotta be a joke.

Either way, I think we'd all be interested to learn the OP's source for this notice.

This isn't really a source, but I heard about this on Monday, before this thread was started, from the Mousetalgia podcast.

• Sock Puppet

old news, but real news

• Minion

From what I've seen on another board (where the primary interest is trip planning & tips), the 'compensation' that most people have been getting is $15.00/day off their room rate. Not much, considering the rates at the resort hotels. And that's only for the people who are complaining to the front desk. Supposedly, they are offering fridges for people with medical needs but there have been reports of none being available when people who need them have asked.

Altogether, not a stellar example of Disney's customer service. At the very least they should be sending emails or letters to guests with current reservations advising them of the situation. And potential guests should be advised at booking.

As a person on a medically restricted diet, I can arrange to bring more non-perishable foods &/or a larger ice chest if I know in advance that there will be no refrigeration. I never bank on a 'medically necessary' fridge being available, too many people think their need for cold soda trumps someone else's medical needs (kinda like the GAC situation). Lack of a fridge wouldn't stop me from staying onsite but it would be nice to know ahead of time so I could plan accordingly.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Hi Guys & Gals

I am staying at the Disneyland hotel from Aug 16-21-2013 and I did get am e-mail asking if I require a fridge. So they are letting people know ahead of time.

• Closed Account

The new types of fridges in hotel rooms (not just at Disney) have this electronic/energy saving panel nonsense. They are on timers to stay on so many hours a day, and turn off after so many hours. They do not keep milk cold, and bottled water barely gets cool. We have experienced this at hotels from San Diego to Anaheim and many places in between across many different brands...Hilton, Holiday Inn, Marriott, and a number of other brands. They have a "quick cool" button that will cool things down in a half hour, but then it shuts itself off again. These are the small fridges that are usually put inside of the television cabinet.

We had them bring in an old fridge at the Marriott, they had some on hand. The old ones were in working condition, but they decided to upgrade to the energy efficient ones and created tons of problems for people. I am curious if this is the case with the Disney hotels as well.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Samval View Post
    Hi Guys & Gals

I am staying at the Disneyland hotel from Aug 16-21-2013 and I did get am e-mail asking if I require a fridge. So they are letting people know ahead of time.
    That's good to know they are being proactive unlike the quote I provided, which is directly from an official Disney source, which makes them sound uncaring about the visitors.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast