Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The doctor is in

Re: AT&T Becomes New Wireless Provider For Disneyland Resort

So much for having T-Mobile. Never had problems with them in 7 years.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Meh, I wish they could just put free wi-fi in the parks and be done with it. But that's never going to happen, especially now.

If they plan on launching My Magic+ at Disneyland, they will have to provide free wi-fi. That is a major component in making MM+ work at DisneyWorld.

More and more public venues are offering free wi-fi, eventually people will come to expect it and I think Disneyland will eventually add it.

• Vidia's Minion

AT&T has always been good to me, much better than Verizon's been for my brother but eh they're both good depending on the phone.

• Foolish Mortal

I've had AT&T forever (since it was Cingular, since Cingular was PacBell) and never really had any issues with day to day use. However, it has been very spotty whenever I'm trying to upload or receive pix in crowded places (DLR, Staples Center, etc). But, that is to be expected when so many people are trying to do the same thing. About a month ago I got ride of my iPhone 4 and picked up a Samsung Galaxy S4, I've only been to DLR once since I've had the phone, but didn't really upload any pix, so I cant comment on the 4G LTE yet.

Once I'm unblocked next month and hit up DLR I'll check it out.

• :)

I have AT&T and I only ever had problems backstage (once upon a time)

Now the only time I ever have a problem is when I'm on HM or POTC, but I don't complain because I'm underground and inside a giant building...and I shouldn't be on my phone anyways :X

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    A notable takeaway from this is that AT&T is going to make a lot of money on data overages. If guests feel more confident that their photos/videos, tweets, and Facebook posts are getting out there in a timely manner they'll do it more often. Note that AT&T is already known for such tactics. The incident surrounding iphone & app updates eating up customer's data remains unresolved.
    Really wont, because part of the deal is installing AT&T Wifi, if you are an AT&T customer your phone will be able to use the Wifi for free. (if you want to try this out, Mcdonald's uses AT&T's service also). If anything we're talking the opposite.

This should take a huge load off the wireless system... it's a pretty good move.

The iphone issue, is Apples issue... not an AT&T issue. AT&T has nothing to do with the amount of data it takes for an update/app update... it's data coming over the internet, it's going to count... buy a large enough plan to cover it or use WiFi only. Most Android phones don't have update over the wire costs due to the fact the carriers control them, and can multicast (they use a "trickle" type way of pushing them out)... therefore they can control it as "free" data as it's technically "intranet" and not "Internet" traffic...

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    So much for having T-Mobile. Never had problems with them in 7 years.
    Technically the same network (although that may change in the future). I was part of the LACellular (anyone remember them) switchover for AT&T back in the day. When AT&T switched to GSM, they did some "sharing" of towers with tmobile... AT&T had better coverage on the west coast, and tmobile on the east coast... so they share networks, and a computer figures out the billing... this is VERY common in the industry. Now AT&T 4G LTE is AT&T only and not shared... this is why tmobile is still not "true" 4G...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I have AT&T and I only ever had problems backstage (once upon a time)

Now the only time I ever have a problem is when I'm on HM or POTC, but I don't complain because I'm underground and inside a giant building...and I shouldn't be on my phone anyways :X
    Most of the "show" buildings are basically metal... it's going to back your signal unless they install a repeater inside the building (and I hope they NEVER do that!).

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Interesting. I just read that Las Vegas is going to provide free wifi downtown on Fremont St. Lets hope this is the beginning of an industry-wide trend.

I hope we get a legit Mobile Magic App from AT&T with premium features.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkertonfloyd View Post
    Really wont, because part of the deal is installing AT&T Wifi, if you are an AT&T customer your phone will be able to use the Wifi for free. (if you want to try this out, Mcdonald's uses AT&T's service also). If anything we're talking the opposite.
    Thanks a bunch for the clarity on the wi-fi info. I initially believed that this was only for mobile network signal boosting. I wonder what AT&T will get in return for setting up such a network, massive advertising opportunity? It would be kinda cool to see one of AT&T's boutique stores somewhere in Downtown Disney.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well I have AT&T...so yeah for free Wi Fi....hopefully one day everyone will get it no matter who you have as a carrier

Quote Originally Posted by pinkertonfloyd View Post
    Technically the same network (although that may change in the future). I was part of the LACellular (anyone remember them) switchover for AT&T back in the day. When AT&T switched to GSM, they did some "sharing" of towers with tmobile... AT&T had better coverage on the west coast, and tmobile on the east coast... so they share networks, and a computer figures out the billing... this is VERY common in the industry. Now AT&T 4G LTE is AT&T only and not shared... this is why tmobile is still not "true" 4G...
    Back around 2000-2001 Cingular wanted access to the NYC/Northern NJ market and Tmobile wanted in to CA/NV. So they signed a network sharing deal. But when Cingular bought out AT&T Wireless they ended up with two networks in CA. One running at 850mhz, the other at 1900mhz. Cingular kept the 850 network because lower frequency networks have better propagation and coverage than higher freqs like 1900. The two companies haven't shared network resources since about 2004 or 2005. Here's a news article from back then giving more detail about the deal: Cingular Sells Out

And Tmobile has been rolling out LTE (same as ATT, VZW and Sprint) across their network footprint. So their version of 4G is the same as everyone else.
    Last edited by philosofy; 07-29-2013 at 12:43 AM.

• Sock Puppet

So they're upgrading their coverage in the park for everyone with Verizon or AT&T while all others are left with the same horrible in park 3G coverage?

• I can't stand you.

That was my first thought as well

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast