Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Disney Blog hints at D23 Expo "Sneak peaks" for Star Wars and Avatar attractions!

Avatar? Really? That's not even relevant to anything current anymore. e_e
    Last edited by j11; 07-27-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

•   
    • Minion

Re: Disney Blog hints at D23 Expo "Sneak peaks" for Star Wars and Avatar attractions!

Quote Originally Posted by j11 View Post
    Avatar? Really? That's not even relevant to anything current anymore. e_e
    Might as well take out all the FL dark rides too i guess then. Maybe the Castle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I don't think either of these ideas are 30+ year concepts and a huge waste of time and resources for the long-term health of the parks they reside in.

Even today if you took a poll of the guests in the park, I bet their favorites would still be overwhelmingly in favor of Space Mountain, Pirates, HM, or Indy; a travesty considering how much money they spent on that project. The reality is the concept just isn't nearly as strong or timeless when compared to space travel, pirates, ghosts, and ancient temples.
    Why do you assume all the claims in your post to be true?

(1) You claim that Carsland is not a 30+ year concept. Based on what evidence? What projections have you done? Or, is this a claim based on some personal theory?

(2) You claim that "a poll of guests in the park" would show that Radiator Springs Racers is not one of their favorite rides. Have you conducted such a poll? Do you know if Disney has? Or, are you just speculating, based on whatever prejudices you may have about the ride yourself?

(3) As to space travel, pirates, ghosts, and ancient temples, those things are not in an of themselves timeless. They come and go like other relics of our culture. Why do you suppose Tomorrowland looks so dated today, because the whole concept of the future (i.e., space travel) upon which it was based is outdated. Paradoxical, I know. So it is with the other things you mentioned. As to Carsland itself, its archetype is as old as the Bible, a place in the desert where one goes to find oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I agree. I feel that it is one of the most overrated movies ever. I don't want to see it in a Disney Park. However, I am open to see what Disney can do with Star Wars as long as it doesn't take over Tomorrowland.
    Dude, I could NOT have stated that any better myself! I am 100% with you on that one.
    You know what I go to Disney for? Disney.... If I want to go to a park to see some kind of Hollywood movie rides, I would go to Universal studios (and guess how many times I've been? probably 3 times, compared to the countless that I go to disney)....
    I have considered Star Wars as Disney from the beginning. Ever since I first started going to Disney, Star Tours has been there, so I've grown up thinking it was part of the Disney Family.
    Avatar is UNACCEPTABLE though.... Go tell universal to make a ride of it....
    Do you know how much language that movie uses? Do you know how many time's God's name is misused with the D word? It's not Disney... and it will NEVER fit in with Disney... end of discussion....

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas View Post
    Dude, I could NOT have stated that any better myself! I am 100% with you on that one.
    You know what I go to Disney for? Disney.... If I want to go to a park to see some kind of Hollywood movie rides, I would go to Universal studios (and guess how many times I've been? probably 3 times, compared to the countless that I go to disney)....
    I have considered Star Wars as Disney from the beginning. Ever since I first started going to Disney, Star Tours has been there, so I've grown up thinking it was part of the Disney Family.
    Avatar is UNACCEPTABLE though.... Go tell universal to make a ride of it....
    Do you know how much language that movie uses? Do you know how many time's God's name is misused with the D word? It's not Disney... and it will NEVER fit in with Disney... end of discussion....
    Well apparently Disney disagrees. You have a choice not to ride or even go but if they decide to build it there is really nothing more to be done.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DL714 View Post
    Why do you assume all the claims in your post to be true?

(1) You claim that Carsland is not a 30+ year concept. Based on what evidence? What projections have you done? Or, is this a claim based on some personal theory?

(2) You claim that "a poll of guests in the park" would show that Radiator Springs Racers is not one of their favorite rides. Have you conducted such a poll? Do you know if Disney has? Or, are you just speculating, based on whatever prejudices you may have about the ride yourself?

(3) As to space travel, pirates, ghosts, and ancient temples, those things are not in an of themselves timeless. They come and go like other relics of our culture. Why do you suppose Tomorrowland looks so dated today, because the whole concept of the future (i.e., space travel) upon which it was based is outdated. Paradoxical, I know. So it is with the other things you mentioned. As to Carsland itself, its archetype is as old as the Bible, a place in the desert where one goes to find oneself.
    LOL thank you and AGREED! Its amazing how people project their personal bias as a 'fact'. Its silly to assume what will or wont hold up decades from now. No one remotely knows so lets stop pretending. In 30 years theme parks themselves might be passe.

All I know is I cant personnally think of a single person I know who thinks CL was a bad idea. Its probably the single most ambitious land to come to DLR since NOS and it easily beats any land that opened in DCA in 2001. GRR comes close but it doesnt have RSR either.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Well apparently Disney disagrees. You have a choice not to ride or even go but if they decide to build it there is really nothing more to be done.
    Yeah, most likely I just won't ride it.
    And they are just planning on adding this in at Disneyland correct? Not Disneyworld?

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

• Banned User

And they are just planning on adding this in at Disneyland correct? Not Disneyworld?
    Disney World has already been announced but they also said the license was for all the parks so I see no reason why they wouldn't clone the rides in Disneyland just like they did with Star Tours and Captain Eo back in the day.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Disney World has already been announced but they also said the license was for all the parks so I see no reason why they wouldn't clone the rides in Disneyland just like they did with Star Tours and Captain Eo back in the day.
    Star Tours was originally in Disneyland in 1987 and was cloned at DHS (MGM Studios at the time) in 1989.

• Minion

No, Avatar is going to Florida, not California. Thank God.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    No, Avatar is going to Florida, not California. Thank God.
    I'm moving to California..... Do you guys mind if I join you and start coming to DL instead of WDW? lol.....
    Last edited by Vanitas; 07-28-2013 at 11:47 AM.

• Minion

Go ahead...makes the line shorter for me (if said line gets built of course)
    Last edited by imaginashton; 07-28-2013 at 11:58 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Star Tours was originally in Disneyland in 1987 and was cloned at DHS (MGM Studios at the time) in 1989.
    oh I know. I just meant they were announced for one park but ended up quickly being cloned on the other coast as well.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I really don't mind what property is used for an attraction really. I am always looking for the attraction to fit in where it's built and to transform me to a different world or place. Avatar may not be some peoples favorite movie but that doesn't mean it can't fit in DAK. Song of the south isn't a very popular move but I heard the attraction it's based on is a pretty big hit. It's all about execution in the park for me. Give me a good story and a fun or thrilling experience and I am happy regardless of what the property is based on.
    I agree with this. there's many rides themed to properties I really don't care for, but they're just as fun as anything else in disney parks. I didn't think Avatar was all that great either...not that I didn't like it, it just didnt really subserved all that attention. That being said, there's no denying that a land and attraction based on pandora would be visually stunning and (if done right) a good addition to DAK ( because Lord knows that park needs it.)

on a side note, I find it funny how people say Avatar shouldn't be built because its irrelevant, then go around and ask for mysterious island.
    Last edited by imaginashton; 07-28-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Go ahead...makes the line shorter for me (if said line gets built of course)
    Haha, it will probably be shorter for you if I am there too, because I definitely won't be riding it there lol.....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast