Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Results 91 to 98 of 98
  1. #91

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Keyblade Graveyard
    Posts
    115

    Re: Disney Blog hints at D23 Expo "Sneak peaks" for Star Wars and Avatar attractions!

    Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    That being said, there's no denying that a land and attraction based on pandora would be visually stunning and (if done right) a good addition to DAK ( because Lord knows that park needs it.)
    I thought it was going to be at Tomorrowland.... it may actually fit in somewhat well with Animal Kingdom. I'm still iffy about it, but that's not as terrible as i thought....

    View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

  2. #92

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Keyblade Graveyard
    Posts
    115

    Re: Disney Blog hints at D23 Expo "Sneak peaks" for Star Wars and Avatar attractions!

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Well apparently Disney disagrees. You have a choice not to ride or even go but if they decide to build it there is really nothing more to be done.
    Well, I mean, we could do a petition... but we all know that THAT never works... ever......

    View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

  3. #93

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: Disney Blog hints at D23 Expo "Sneak peaks" for Star Wars and Avatar attractions!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas View Post
    I thought it was going to be at Tomorrowland.... it may actually fit in somewhat well with Animal Kingdom. I'm still iffy about it, but that's not as terrible as i thought....
    Yea it's for DAK lol. I agree with you about tomorrowland though...not very optimistic (although most if the things in there aren't either) Also the time period that it's set in is pretty close.

  4. #94

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Keyblade Graveyard
    Posts
    115

    Re: Disney Blog hints at D23 Expo "Sneak peaks" for Star Wars and Avatar attractions!

    Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Yea it's for DAK lol. I agree with you about tomorrowland though...not very optimistic (although most if the things in there aren't either) Also the time period that it's set in is pretty close.
    Well, as long as they "Disney" the ride and area, it could be interesting. I just don't want it to feel like the terrible and quite inappropriate movie that it was. I want it to actually feel like it belongs at disney.

    View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

  5. #95

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,260

    Re: Disney Blog hints at D23 Expo "Sneak peaks" for Star Wars and Avatar attractions!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas View Post
    Well, I mean, we could do a petition... but we all know that THAT never works... ever......
    Disney has already spent $500 million just getting the rights and been developing it for years now. If its going to happen its going to happen. And no offense, other than hardcore Disney geeks like us no one remotely cares what they put in them as long as its worth the money.

    And I sign petitions for things like to end civil rights abuses, change a law or to stop corruption in government or business. Trying to stop certain rides to happen in a theme park is not high on that list because its a theme park. Thats actually the easy one for me, if I dont like it I simply dont go.

    And really if thats all you can do. If you REALLY want to vote, vote with your wallet and dont go. Thats the ONLY way to get Disney to care, honestly. I say this all the time but if you are going to complain about it on the internet but still show up opening day anyway it does little to no good.

    DCA 1.0 didnt change to 2.0 because of all the complaining on the internet alone. Its the massive dip in attendance and the lack of revenue that mainly did it. And not a single petition was ever created.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 07-28-2013 at 04:15 PM.

  6. #96

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,260

    Re: Disney Blog hints at D23 Expo "Sneak peaks" for Star Wars and Avatar attractions!

    Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    MO agree with this. there's many rides themed to properties I really don't care for, but they're just as fun as anything else in disney parks. I didn't think Avatar was all that great either...not that I didn't like it, it just didnt really subserved all that attention. That being said, there's no denying that a land and attraction based on pandora would be visually stunning and (if done right) a good addition to DAK ( because Lord knows that park needs it.)

    on a side note, I find it funny how people say Avatar shouldn't be built because its irrelevant, then go around and ask for mysterious island.
    Because its the same issue over and over again! When they personnally LIKE something, then somehow it fits. When they dont its a travesty lol. All I know is I kept hearing how people want Harry Potter to come to Disney and while its fine, I dont know how that fits anymore than Avatar? Its a little more kid friendly but you couldnt put that franchise in most places in the parks outside of DHS in WDW. In DLR it wouldnt fit anywhere that well either but people like HP so they could figure out a way to work it in. They love Star Wars so they are willing to knock down TL just to have it. But Marvel and Avatar not so much so those are bigger problems.

    For the record, Im only talking about people who uses this double standard. If you think none of them really fit then thats different. But I honestly have no clue how you can say Star Wars works and Avatar doesnt when its basically the exact same thing in terms of themes? Its a bunch of weird aliens on exotic planets with strange creatures using futuristic vehicles and weapons. If you can make one work how difficult is it to make the other work??

    Its not, one is liked, the other isnt (or should say isnt as much). Thats all there is too it. If Avatar doesnt belong then neither should SW!

    As for how 'relevant' it is, exactly how 'relevant' was Song of the South when Splash Mountain was built? Most people who ride doesnt even know its based off a movie but I still see pretty long lines for it just the same. When has anyone here watched a Twilight Zone episode recently and it doesnt stop TOT from staying popular.

    People have to stop equating popularity of the property as a sole factor how popular it will be because thats never remotely been the indicator LONG TERM. If that was the case TLM ride should be way more popular than RSR but we know thats not the deal.

    That said, I wish Disney themselves would stop this mindset in general and these same arguments wouldnt keep appearing.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 07-28-2013 at 04:37 PM.

  7. #97

    • Dive ..... Dive.....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,773

    Re: Disney Blog hints at D23 Expo "Sneak peaks" for Star Wars and Avatar attractions!

    Quote Originally Posted by DL714 View Post
    Why do you assume all the claims in your post to be true?

    (1) You claim that Carsland is not a 30+ year concept. Based on what evidence? What projections have you done? Or, is this a claim based on some personal theory?
    Based on the fact that almost every attraction and land featuring Pixar has underperformed and underwhelmed the majority of guests due to their incredibly limited demographic and childish presentation (I.E. FNSV, Bugsland, and Monsters Inc). Disney shouldn't be trying to imitate Legoland and Universal.

    Even worse, RSR comes off as a mediocre attraction (minus the rockwork) because it doesn't fully satisfy adults, teens, nor children optimally; it tries too hard to entertain all audiences and doesn't excel at any demographic, unlike Indy, Space, and Haunted Mansion. Almost every adult and teen I have spoken with are underwhelmed with it and have no desire to return.

    There's a reason why Walt said "you're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Instead of dumbing down attractions for young children, Disney should be focusing on creating adult experiences that children can enjoy as well, a formula that has been proven successful and timeless. An attraction that gets better as you age, not worse.

    (2) You claim that "a poll of guests in the park" would show that Radiator Springs Racers is not one of their favorite rides. Have you conducted such a poll? Do you know if Disney has? Or, are you just speculating, based on whatever prejudices you may have about the ride yourself?
    I've actually browsed through hundreds of responses from ordinary guests on Disneyland's facebook profile. Disney has actually asked the question, what's your favorite attraction at the resort. The overwhelming choices people selected were still Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Indy, Pirates, Matterhorn, TOT, and Soarin. I've seen this question asked on numerous occasions and it is hard to ignore that roughly 1 out of ever 30 users says RSR, especially in its opening year.

    (3) As to space travel, pirates, ghosts, and ancient temples, those things are not in an of themselves timeless. They come and go like other relics of our culture. Why do you suppose Tomorrowland looks so dated today, because the whole concept of the future (i.e., space travel) upon which it was based is outdated. Paradoxical, I know. So it is with the other things you mentioned. As to Carsland itself, its archetype is as old as the Bible, a place in the desert where one goes to find oneself.
    No, Tomorrowland is dated for the simple reason that they added Pixar and irrelevant themes to the mix and haven't executed a single creative original thought over the last 20 years, a crippling corporate mentality. The concept of Tomorrowland is very much still relevant and popular, hence why Space Mountain is the most commonly chosen favorite of the resort.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 07-30-2013 at 11:54 PM.

  8. #98

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Keyblade Graveyard
    Posts
    115

    Re: Disney Blog hints at D23 Expo "Sneak peaks" for Star Wars and Avatar attractions!

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Disney has already spent $500 million just getting the rights and been developing it for years now. If its going to happen its going to happen. And no offense, other than hardcore Disney geeks like us no one remotely cares what they put in them as long as its worth the money.

    And I sign petitions for things like to end civil rights abuses, change a law or to stop corruption in government or business. Trying to stop certain rides to happen in a theme park is not high on that list because its a theme park. Thats actually the easy one for me, if I dont like it I simply dont go.

    And really if thats all you can do. If you REALLY want to vote, vote with your wallet and dont go. Thats the ONLY way to get Disney to care, honestly. I say this all the time but if you are going to complain about it on the internet but still show up opening day anyway it does little to no good.

    DCA 1.0 didnt change to 2.0 because of all the complaining on the internet alone. Its the massive dip in attendance and the lack of revenue that mainly did it. And not a single petition was ever created.
    Yeah, I definitely won't be there on opening day, that's for sure. But, I don't know if I should wait until they build it and then not go, or not go right now. My family already has 4-5 vacations planned back to Disney this year, so it's going to be hard for us not to go... I just don't want to support that attraction.

    View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Similar Threads

  1. For Star Wars Fans: Thoughts on Disney canceling Star Wars 1313?
    By White Bones in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 06:50 PM
  2. Disney Movie Club at D23 Expo?
    By fspadafora in forum D23 - Disney Twenty Three
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 02:29 PM
  3. Disney Storytelling Event at D23 Expo includes Scavenger Hunt
    By Dustysage in forum D23 - Disney Twenty Three
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-15-2011, 07:49 AM
  4. Did you enter any Contests at D23 Expo?(this is a plea for Help!)
    By Timekeeper in forum D23 - Disney Twenty Three
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 04:19 PM
  5. [News] Madame Leota among Disney Legends honored at D23 EXPO!
    By goofypirate in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 11:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •