Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Haunted mansion holiday 2013

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    These guys
    Woah! you just brought back a memory of mine that I had TOTALLY forgot about!!!!
    But now that I watch this, I wonder if any inspiration was gotten from things like the tree from the Nightmare Before Christmas or the trees in the haunted mansion?

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

I would love to see the "Scarols" come back in the queue... I enjoyed those and I have always wondered why they removed them.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 4.6.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 14

Quote Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
    I would love to see the "Scarols" come back in the queue... I enjoyed those and I have always wondered why they removed them.
    Yeah, those were cool... I don't think they were there in 2011 either, but I've seen them online.

• Singing Drinker

Not sure if it's "the reason", but the last time I remember seeing the Scarols in the queue, the banners were looking pretty tattered and abused anywhere a customer could reach them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they figured yearly maintenance on them wasn't worth it - they'd already cut the CM working the crowd in the line, they apparently were looking at ways to reduce the install/maintenance costs to bare minimum, it'd make sense they'd cut content for a few bucks.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Not sure if it's "the reason", but the last time I remember seeing the Scarols in the queue, the banners were looking pretty tattered and abused anywhere a customer could reach them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they figured yearly maintenance on them wasn't worth it - they'd already cut the CM working the crowd in the line, they apparently were looking at ways to reduce the install/maintenance costs to bare minimum, it'd make sense they'd cut content for a few bucks.
    Yeah... it sure was cool though!

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

• Former Churro Jockey

I think that I'm ready for a refresh. Oogie Boogie is one of my absolute favorite villains of all time, so I would mind seeing them redo the overlay and feature him a lot more. On a side note, I LOVE Marilyn Manson's version of This is Halloween, and I know it would never happen, but how cool would it be to use that song in the graveyard. I might have to bring my ipod along this year when I go...
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

If I remember correctly, the ride is down for a couple weeks when they do the overlay and remove it. Does anybody know about when in January the ride will open back up as the regular haunted mansion? My wife and I will be there for the half marathon and I'd like to get to ride this since it has been a few years...

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I think that I'm ready for a refresh. Oogie Boogie is one of my absolute favorite villains of all time, so I would mind seeing them redo the overlay and feature him a lot more. On a side note, I LOVE Marilyn Manson's version of This is Halloween, and I know it would never happen, but how cool would it be to use that song in the graveyard. I might have to bring my ipod along this year when I go...
    Oogie Boogie is AWESOME! Period. I wouldn't mind seeing him more either. He is definitely worth the time to put in more things involving him. Maybe some of the other characters as well!
    Last edited by Vanitas; 07-26-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: typo

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas View Post
    Oogie Boogie is AWESOME! Period. I wou;don't mind seeing him more either. He is definitely worth the time to put in more things involving him. Maybe some of the other characters as well!
    They did a fairly Boogie-centric version of the overlay at one point (can't remember for sure, but I believe it was the overlay before they started the Advent calendar?). Some of the elements are still there - the little cymbal monkey OB dates from that period IIRC.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    They did a fairly Boogie-centric version of the overlay at one point (can't remember for sure, but I believe it was the overlay before they started the Advent calendar?). Some of the elements are still there - the little cymbal monkey OB dates from that period IIRC.
    Hmmm... was it the first year they added Oogie?

• Observer

Keep an eye out in the stretching room..

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    Keep an eye out in the stretching room..
    Wait, for real? Thank you!

I'm not sure if anyone is still viewing this thread, but after the Haunted Mansion Holiday do you think they will add the new "Hatbox Ghost" animatronic that they had at D23? With the movie being worked on and all..

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Ok this is the only article I have seen for it:
    http://disneydebit.com/pdf/newsletteraug13.pdf
    head down to page 4.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Evil is Sexy

When it comes to HBG, one never knows if he'll actually show. He's tricky like that.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast