Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Vidia's Minion

Re: Air Conditioning being turned off on Attractions or the Thermostat is being set h

Hot flashes?

• world class bilge rat

Re: Air Conditioning being turned off on Attractions or the Thermostat is being set h

A/C costs money to operate and maintain; it wouldn't surprise me at all if its use is curtailed as a means to cut costs, especially given Igers recent edicts.

• The doctor is in

Unless they're trying to slowly replace the A/C with evaporative coolers (aka, swamp coolers) I think you probably just had bad luck. I was there in May and I didn't notice any discomfort anywhere temperature wise.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Is it just me, or does the air in some attractions seem, stuffy?

When I rode through "Pirates" and "Haunted Mansion" last year, it felt like the air wasn't circulating properly during the main part of the rides.

• The doctor is in

Pirates is always a bit stuffy, imo. When you get deep into the ride the moisture from the fog effects and the water are apparent no matter what time of year or what temperature it is outside.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

I just got back from DL, and the temp in the attractions is definitely higher. Pirates especially was really stuffy. I'm used to POTC, IASW, and HM being places to cool off, but they weren't today. DL's great AC was what made going in hot weather bearable. This is a big turn-off.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The attractions have to have air conditioning. What else would people go into Innoventions for?
    That is the ONLY reason I ever go in to Innoventions.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Quote Originally Posted by MWH1980 View Post
    Is it just me, or does the air in some attractions seem, stuffy?

When I rode through "Pirates" and "Haunted Mansion" last year, it felt like the air wasn't circulating properly during the main part of the rides.
    Pirates is stuffy, yes. But I believe this to be more a product of all that water in an enclosed space. It creates more humidity.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Interesting. DL is a tough one. When I get to my hotel, I have to jack up the AC to kill off the humidity, and then I have to almost turn it off since I'm used to 78-80 degrees being from AZ. I can see how out of towners that aren't used to warm weather will feel the heat at 75 degrees.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The attractions have to have air conditioning. What else would people go into Innoventions for?
    Video games that I can play at my house.

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lady3jane View Post
    I just got back from DL, and the temp in the attractions is definitely higher. Pirates especially was really stuffy. I'm used to POTC, IASW, and HM being places to cool off, but they weren't today. DL's great AC was what made going in hot weather bearable. This is a big turn-off.

I was there all day sunday and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, didn't ride IASW but pirates and HM were cool to me like usual. IDK.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    because I can definitely vouch for the fact that the AC works extremely well at WDW.
    Perhaps at one time, but not anymore. They did increase the interior temperatures at WDW. It used to be chilly inside stores and the like... not anymore... it's not hot inside, but it's not cool either.
    -Bill

• Perfect Insanity

We were there Sat and also the Wed before that. I was on POTC Wed and it was so so in temp but not to horrible. Now Sat we went on HM and it was hot in there. Alot cooler outside then the ride was. My husband said something to me about it being hot in HM so I know it wasn't just me. We went on pretty late at night when it really wasn't hot out btw. That was for both rides on both days.

actually while riding HM i noticed it wasnt as cool as usual this past friday!!!!
    i was like just mhmmm... this odd
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME ºoº
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

We'll be there in a couple of weeks. Hopefully this gets resolved before we arrive.
    Disney Photos and many more musings:
    Flickr ings
    Tumblr ings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast