Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sad Air Conditioning being turned off on Attractions or the Thermostat is being set high.

I remember reading a while back that the new Eco Disney departments were planning on setting the thermostats on Attractions to 75 degrees and above. I noticed at Disneyland Park yesterday that while riding Haunted Mansion and Pirates it felt very warm. The AC did not feel like it was on. This was about 9pm an on last night. It was warm outside as well, which made it all the worse. I used to look forward to beating the heat on attractions and having the cool breeze fill the ride experience. Especially on Haunted Mansion where the "Chills" are a focal point of the story.

Has anyone else noticed the rise in the temps on the attractions?

• Minion

Re: Air Conditioning being turned off on Attractions or the Thermostat is being set h

You must have just hit them at a bad time. There are currently no such standards in place for attractions.

Re: Air Conditioning being turned off on Attractions or the Thermostat is being set h

I sure hope not!

• Insomniac

I thought the same thing in May at the animation building, but it was nice and cold last week. I had no issues with Pirates or Mansion last week either. Sounds like just bad luck.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Maybe there is an up charge for the air conditioned experience?

• Hooterville, USA

I was dining n Plaza Inn and it was so cold I had to go outside to warm up. Brrr.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Just got back from a 3-day trip. Some of the attractions weren't as cold as others. The Animation Bldg felt great -- while our family members flitted about in there, we sat in the wait area and watched the animated clips, enjoying the cool air.

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

• Minion

I used to work at the Blue Bayou and you would definitely notice when the air conditioning was not working properly. It would become highly humid and uncomfortable. The building would be closed until the repairs were made. The air conditioning may have been in need of adjusting or repair when you were on HM and POTC, but they may have decided not to close down the attractions.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

A good friend of my mom and dad installed the air conditioning system on the HM. It's a good thing he is no longer around to witness this if it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    I remember reading a while back that the new Eco Disney departments were planning on setting the thermostats on Attractions to 75 degrees and above. I noticed at Disneyland Park yesterday that while riding Haunted Mansion and Pirates it felt very warm. The AC did not feel like it was on. This was about 9pm an on last night. It was warm outside as well, which made it all the worse. I used to look forward to beating the heat on attractions and having the cool breeze fill the ride experience. Especially on Haunted Mansion where the "Chills" are a focal point of the story.

Has anyone else noticed the rise in the temps on the attractions?
    75 indoors is still quite chilly to me, so I probably would have never noticed. But then I'm one of those girls who is always annoyingly cold. Wear my jacket inside the office at work all the time because I'm so damn cold, and I discovered the a/c is only set to 75.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    I noticed at Disneyland Park yesterday that while riding Haunted Mansion and Pirates it felt very warm. The AC did not feel like it was on.
    Being that these attractions are both on the West Side it may indicate that there was a problems with the water chiller on that side of the park. Maybe it had to be shut down temporarily.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• -

The attractions have to have air conditioning. What else would people go into Innoventions for?
    Last edited by calsig31; 07-25-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Wayward Wind

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    They attractions have to have air conditioning. What else would people go into Innoventions for?
    Originally Posted by m3wthr33
    Disneyland's closed for all of 2011. See you in 2012. Snow White is now a water ride, Matterhorn has a fullsize basketball court where the Clippers have relocated to, and King Arthur's Carousel is suspended 250ft. in the air.

Originally Posted by calsig31
    They attractions have to have air conditioning. What else would people go into Innoventions for?

• Former Churro Jockey

It could just be the temperature sensor on the AC doesn't work so well for the bizzare Florida-like weather that we've had this summer. I know for my own apartment, we keep the AC set at 80, and it won't come on right now at that temp even though it's really hot because the actual temperature is something like 78 deg, and it's the humidity that's making it so hot. Maybe they need to talk to WDW and see how their AC works in that kind of weather, because I can definitely vouch for the fact that the AC works extremely well at WDW.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast