Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reduced hours?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Re: Reduced hours?

Quote Originally Posted by tallmouse View Post
    So, I was noticing that the hours for our planned visit in September show Disneyland closing at seven every night. Any ideas why? I know it's the offseason, but I was expecting it to be open until at least eight. It closes an hour before DCA!
    When I view the official Disneyland calendar, I only see park hours available through Aug. 28. There are no park hours posted for Sept. yet that I can see. Is there a different calendar link/site that is showing park hours? I agree that it would be very strange (and frustrating!) for DL to close at 7pm, instead of 8pm regularly--not including Halloween Parties or early closure for corporate events.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    When I view the official Disneyland calendar, I only see park hours available through Aug. 28. There are no park hours posted for Sept. yet that I can see. Is there a different calendar link/site that is showing park hours?
    The link that you mentioned shows Disneyland dates through September 6, but does not show all of September.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    Eh, it's geared towards children while I like going to a Halloween party or two a year it'd be harder on the youngins keeping them up until ungodly hours just so we can have a couple hours extra doing things that we can do so many other days of the year.

Though I did see quite a number of them during the 24 hour day at 3am still going like little energizer bunnies :-P
    That is true, it's probably easier on kids not staying up too late. Coming from someone who doesn't live in California, though, When we are there for vacation, we operate on vacation hours. Even if we wanted to turn in early, it's hard to pry ourselves away because we know we won't be back for a couple years, and it's not stuff we can do any day of the year.

Maybe it would be too hard to do, but perhaps on days they close an hour earlier on the regular day ticket crowd, they could also open an hour earlier for them?
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Quote Originally Posted by tallmouse View Post
    So, I was noticing that the hours for our planned visit in September show Disneyland closing at seven every night. Any ideas why? I know it's the offseason, but I was expecting it to be open until at least eight. It closes an hour before DCA!
    Private parties. September is a big season for private corporate parties, or CM parties for company service anniversaries.

• Sock Puppet

There were private parties in 2012, in 20111, in 2010 ...

If you look at the accessible calendar for a particular day, some have no hours listed and in others, the closing time is midnight.

This is nothing new. The updating of the calendar has always been haphazard.

I wouldn't take any alleged 7PM closing seriously until a few weeks before a particular day.

Quote Originally Posted by socalfun View Post
    There were private parties in 2012, in 20111, in 2010 ...

If you look at the accessible calendar for a particular day, some have no hours listed and in others, the closing time is midnight.

This is nothing new. The updating of the calendar has always been haphazard.

I wouldn't take any alleged 7PM closing seriously until a few weeks before a particular day.
    You can't count on it, but it is also nice when they surprise you with staying open an hour later. That has happened to us a couple times and is a fun treat.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Private parties. September is a big season for private corporate parties, or CM parties for company service anniversaries.
    Yes, that's exactly it. I worked many private parties and the park usually closed at either 6pm or 7pm, and then would reopen for the party from 8PM - 1AM or so. And a lot of times it would be the same corporations or groups year after year. There used to be some kind of gay club that would rent the park every year (don't remember the name, but it was a random name that didn't tell you who they were at all like Lighthouse Club or something) that I remember just because they were always a lot more fun to talk to then a corporate party for AT&T or Intel.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12