Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reduced hours?

Reduced hours?

So, I was noticing that the hours for our planned visit in September show Disneyland closing at seven every night. Any ideas why? I know it's the offseason, but I was expecting it to be open until at least eight. It closes an hour before DCA!

Re: Reduced hours?

Quote Originally Posted by tallmouse View Post
    So, I was noticing that the hours for our planned visit in September show Disneyland closing at seven every night. Any ideas why? I know it's the offseason, but I was expecting it to be open until at least eight. It closes an hour before DCA!
    Like the airlines, Disney has figured out the magic numbers to shoe horn as many people into the parks as possible in as little time as possible. Whether you pay for 8 hours of theme park time or 12 hours of theme park time..........they still make $$$$. Actually, they make even more money with shorter hours because they don't have to pay for as many employees to work those days. Welcome to Corporate America..........what's in YOUR wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallmouse View Post
    The Mickey's Halloween Parties..?

• #bringevilback

It's likely the Halloween party...have you checked the dates you are going against the party dates? For Sept they are just Tuesday/Friday so it shouldn't be for your entire trip

Does what you get for your time even out though? Longer hours + longer lines = how many attractions? vs. Shorter hours + shorter lines = how many attractions?

I love love love Disneyland when it's dark. That is the only thing that tempts me to go during peak times. However, I don't like standing in a crazy long line for an extended period of time, so I am willing to call it a day earlier in exchange for less time standing in line.

However, I do find closing early for the Halloween party to be lame. I think they should keep the park open for regular guests for the same amount they have been, and then have the bonus party be just that, a bonus party. Bonus money, bonus hours.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Sock Puppet

Nope. Halloween Party doesn't start until Sept 13.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    Does what you get for your time even out though? Longer hours + longer lines = how many attractions? vs. Shorter hours + shorter lines = how many attractions?

I love love love Disneyland when it's dark. That is the only thing that tempts me to go during peak times. However, I don't like standing in a crazy long line for an extended period of time, so I am willing to call it a day earlier in exchange for less time standing in line.

However, I do find closing early for the Halloween party to be lame. I think they should keep the park open for regular guests for the same amount they have been, and then have the bonus party be just that, a bonus party. Bonus money, bonus hours.
    Unfortunately it does not even out, because Disney takes a certain percentage of ride vehicles out of service on days when the crowds are lighter.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

That's odd. I was there in late Feb/early March, which is definitely the off-season and they were open until 8.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by socalfun View Post
    Nope. Halloween Party doesn't start until Sept 13.
    That is the season start date. Parties don't start until the final Friday of the month, the 27th.

Anyway there are no official hours for September yet. Don't loose sleep over this, wait until the official hours are posted in a couple/few weeks for your visit period.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

The calendars are often not all that accurate until a few weeks before the actual dates. I have seen the park hours change during our vacations in the weeks prior several times in the past. We'll be there the week of August 11th and the calendar says 11:00pm. Definitely hoping they bump it to 12:00am, but not holding my breath as it's only a couple weeks out now.

Also, just found this on the site:
    When to Visit?

View all 12 months of estimated park hours, typical weather and anticipated events to find the best time for your visit.

When To Visit | Planning Center | Disneyland Resort

September Athletes of all shapes and sizes compete in the Disneyland Half Marathon. Later in the month, the Disneyland Resort gets a headstart on Halloween. As the days get shorter, so do Park hours.
    Average Temperature Range: 62 to 85F
    Typical September Hours (subject to change):
    Monday through Thursday
    • Disneyland Park
    • Opens 9:00 or 10:00 a.m.
    • Closes 8:00 or 10:00 p.m.
    • Disney California Adventure Park
    • Opens 9:00 or 10:00 a.m.
    • Closes 8:00 or 10:00 p.m.

Friday through Sunday
    • Disneyland Park
    • Opens 8:00 or 9:00 a.m.
    • Closes 11:00 p.m. or 12:00 midnight
    • Disney California Adventure Park
    • Opens 8:00 or 9:00 a.m.
    • Closes 10:00 p.m.

Check Park Hours up to 6 weeks before your visit for exact times.

• The doctor is in

Most likely the Halloween parties. The one thing to remember is whenever Disneyland closes early usually DCA is open an hour later. That's how it was when I went last October. Whenever DLR would close for the Halloween party at 7, DCA would stay open an extra hour.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Unfortunately it does not even out, because Disney takes a certain percentage of ride vehicles out of service on days when the crowds are lighter.

When you consider variety of available rides, I would say that is correct. But what if you don't mind having less variety, and actually enjoy riding certain things multiple times? Not factoring in variety, are you still able to spend more time physically on rides and less time in line?
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

When Disneyland first opened admission was $8.46 (adj) and did not include most attractions.

Now, some visitors pay as little as $1.58* to enter the park and this amazingly includes unlimited rides and attractions!

Is it any wonder why they close early......no point in staying open, they already have your money, they know you're going to eat dinner outside the park and that the merchandise they have to offer now is nothing you can't get for half the price at Amazon.com

*Deluxe AP 499/315 = 1.58
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    Like the airlines, Disney has figured out the magic numbers to shoe horn as many people into the parks as possible in as little time as possible. Whether you pay for 8 hours of theme park time or 12 hours of theme park time..........they still make $$$$. Actually, they make even more money with shorter hours because they don't have to pay for as many employees to work those days. Welcome to Corporate America..........what's in YOUR wallet?
    nothing at all. lol.

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    Eh, it's geared towards children while I like going to a Halloween party or two a year it'd be harder on the youngins keeping them up until ungodly hours just so we can have a couple hours extra doing things that we can do so many other days of the year.

Though I did see quite a number of them during the 24 hour day at 3am still going like little energizer bunnies :-P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast