Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Star wars land d23

Disney and More is saying Star Wars Land will be announced and a Avatar Land trailer will be at D23. The link is here. http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...vatar-and.html

• Former Churro Jockey

Re: Star wars land d23

If we're taking bets, my $5 is on a full Star Wars land being added to Disney Studios (incorporating Star Tours since they can demolish pretty much that half of the park and I don't think anyone would even notice), and a small expansion of the Star Wars theme at Tomorrowland at DL (making the Star Trader, Starcarde and possibly Tomorrowland Terrace fully Star Wars themed).
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Minion

This is still a rumor until Disney announces it. If anyone's getting Star Wars Land, it's DHS in Florida. Star Wars would just be represented more, here.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Jim Hill's thoughts on the news!!! https://twitter.com/JimHillMedia

• The doctor is in

People care about Avatar that much? I doubt it.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

I think people are hating on this too much. I remember hearing stories after this film came out of people in deep depressions because they are not able to go to Pandora in person. My belief is if they do thisright, the environment will be so awe inspiring it will out way the movie behind it. Heck, people loved water world in USH but the movie wasn’t good. Is it my first choice of projects, no, but I believe this could be a classic done right.

• Future Imagineer

I actually think that they might make a small sub area themed to star wars at DL between Main Street and the Space Mountain/Star Tours buildings

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
    I think people are hating on this too much. I remember hearing stories after this film came out of people in deep depressions because they are not able to go to Pandora in person. My belief is if they do thisright, the environment will be so awe inspiring it will out way the movie behind it. Heck, people loved water world in USH but the movie wasn’t good. Is it my first choice of projects, no, but I believe this could be a classic done right.
    The Waterworld show succeeds by stripping the movie of the more... pointless... parts (no urine drinking fish guy here, just a hero who kicks butt) and sets a very standard good guy vs. bad guy fight that essentially uses the world setting as an excuse for a water stunt show. Changing story details has essentially no effect on the show - make it "gather all the gold from the cursed treasure" for "find dry land", rename the characters and you've got POTC The Postapocalypse, change Mariner and Woman to Crockett and Tubbs and redress the set to a chemical factory and you've got Miami Vice the Stunt show, etc.

Avatar would be backing a five year old horse where the sequel is *still being written*. It's not a character based franchise, has no real marketing hooks, and is an amazingly blandly non-specific world setting. The last should be a help, but by setting a very bland world with very specific characters as your "land" you create a situation where the fans will hate you, the nonfans will be confused, and you'd have been better off creating "Alpha Centauri Station" instead.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

In Disneyland?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!!

In the Studio theme park in Florida?

...sure, sounds good

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Singing Drinker

I should also add that to any of my stepson's friends as well as the kids of any parents I know, "Avatar" has long since ceased to have anything to do with Cameron and is the exclusive property of Airbenders, not Unobtainable McGuffinium.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    I actually think that they might make a small sub area themed to star wars at DL between Main Street and the Space Mountain/Star Tours buildings
    That is not physically possible.

I take it you've never looked at a satellite map of DL.

And just where are parade floats suppose to go?

If a Star Wars themed area comes to the DLR .... I hope it comes in one of three locations:

* Should Monstropolis not the greenllight, and they do "Star Wars" there
    * In the last remaining pocket to the Timon Lot right next to Carsland. A "Tatooine" theme I think would best blend into the nearby Cars Land environment
    * In a Third Gate, where they got one big blank slate, with little hampering the imagination.

I've stated my reasons why Tomorrowland should remain "Tomorrowland" ... and not "the OLD Republic from ... Long,long ago!"

Star Tours is enough. They need to keep Tomorrowland diversified to contain a variety of different adventures ... that are related to the theme of TOMORROW. Just in case anyone forgot that one "little" important factoid of this themed land.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    This is still a rumor until Disney announces it. If anyone's getting Star Wars Land, it's DHS in Florida. Star Wars would just be represented more, here.
    That would be my choice. Fits that park's theme better and there is potentially more room to work with.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    That is not physically possible.

I take it you've never looked at a satellite map of DL.

And just where are parade floats suppose to go?

If a Star Wars themed area comes to the DLR .... I hope it comes in one of three locations:

* Should Monstropolis not the greenllight, and they do "Star Wars" there
    * In the last remaining pocket to the Timon Lot right next to Carsland. A "Tatooine" theme I think would best blend into the nearby Cars Land environment
    * In a Third Gate, where they got one big blank slate, with little hampering the imagination.

I've stated my reasons why Tomorrowland should remain "Tomorrowland" ... and not "the OLD Republic from ... Long,long ago!"

Star Tours is enough. They need to keep Tomorrowland diversified to contain a variety of different adventures ... that are related to the theme of TOMORROW. Just in case anyone forgot that one "little" important factoid of this themed land.
    I actually agree with you (although Im not really that bothered they make TL into SW either) but how can you put Tattoine in DCA exactly? That would not fit at all lol. And honetly because of ST it just makes sense SW be built in TL where it fits better. I do think its odd everyone ignores the fact SW doesnt truly belong in TL, but same time MOST of the stuff in TL now doesnt belong in TL. That era is not coming back. So I wouldnt be shocked if a mini SW land happens in TL. In fact its almost a no-brainer to build another SW ride in TL to promote it for 2015 since that not only coinicides with DL 60th, its also the release of the first new SW film. Thats almost too good to pass up because they can cross promote two things at once that year AND while giving DL a much new needed big attraction, especiially since it sounds like Tron and Avengers now sounds DOA.

But we'll see.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    I actually agree with you (although Im not really that bothered they make TL into SW either) but how can you put Tattoine in DCA exactly? That would not fit at all lol.
    Fits better than shoehorning "the Old Republic" as a replacement to one of DL's original themed lands.

About what fits and what doesn't as far as DCA is concerned ... How does Monstropolis fit in? What about Little Mermaid? Or, do I dare say - any cartoon ... in a park with the CALIFORNIA name attached to it.

And honetly because of ST it just makes sense SW be built in TL where it fits better.
    Proof please?

If you've been through all 6 Star Wars films ... most of the archeticture and general aesthetics lend into dark, moody metalic grays. All metal surfaces. Lots of rounded edges. And in those films .. they relied on spaceships and hovercrafts flying about that made up the overall "aesthetic" to make it all look "futuristic". That is obviously something that cannot happen. So, the areas will rely on architecture to make it look interesting.

I do think its odd everyone ignores the fact SW doesnt truly belong in TL, but same time MOST of the stuff in TL now doesnt belong in TL. That era is not coming back.
    Oh, you are such the optimist. While there is no proof at the moment that shows a shift toward more futuristic elements - by the same token .. it's only opinion to say "it's not coming back". And even if Iger (top man around) told you that himself - He'll be gone by 2016. The future may be uncertain ... but there's no rock solid evidence to support "it's never coming back".

Is it possible our current generations can question the future. Instead of cynically stating ... "it's over"? LOL
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• The doctor is in

I feel like Avatar belongs more in a park like Universal Studios, not Disneyland. Even the studio park at Disneyworld doesn't feel right for Avatar.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast