Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Are the fireworks and WOC so good that they are worth closing rides for?

I definitely agree with you, but then again they don't close my favorite rides, so it really has no effect on me.... All the rides I enjoy are indoors!

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

•   
    • Minion

When the WoC performance is after closing, I prefer it. I miss being able to walk around Paradise Pier at night, and take in all the lights and atmosphere. WoC makes the Pier so very crowded that it's impossible.

As far as fireworks are concerned, Disney doesn't do them every night (at least in the off-season the fireworks seem to happen only on Fridays-Sundays) and I think that is a good compromise.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Sock Puppet

For fireworks they have to close down certain areas of Disneyland due to state laws and safety issues. For WOC I thinks its based off of show interference.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    You had me until "Arbor Day"
    Okay, maybe I was being a tad tongue-in-cheek when I mentioned Arbor Day, but you get the idea.

• The doctor is in

I'm alright with rides closing for shows, but like someone said before I'm not cool with them keeping the rides closed when there is still enough operational time left to merit reopening them. An example being Fantasyland closing for fireworks but not reopening after the show is done. I would love to ride those rides after all the children have gone off to bed.

As far as WOC goes it doesn't make much sense to reopen those rides because the WOC shows are done so close to closing time. The last WOC show technically starts when the park closes so it makes no sense. It's only the Paradise Pier rides anyway.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Spongebob/Disneyland fan

Bikini Bottom (Fine, SoCal. But that's all you are getting out of me!

I love the fireworks, but it's not worth it. Last time I went, I got so depressed because I just wanted to ride Snow White, and it was closed! Really big pet peeve since we usually hit up Fantasyland last. (Even worse, the fireworks that day were cancelled!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBFfI9j2cFk
    I have ridden both the Disneyland and Magic Kingdom ones

• Spongebob/Disneyland fan

Bikini Bottom (Fine, SoCal. But that's all you are getting out of me!

I love the fireworks, but it's not worth it. Last time I went, I got so depressed because I just wanted to ride Snow White, and it was closed! Really big pet peeve since we usually hit up Fantasyland last. (Even worse, the fireworks that day were cancelled!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBFfI9j2cFk
    I have ridden both the Disneyland and Magic Kingdom ones

• Minion

If there's a fire risk to the castle/rides then it's strange that they take that risk constantly, rather than reserve it for special events.

Several years ago, my husband and I were driving on the 5 freeway just before the Harbor exit during a firework show and a partially burnt cardboard shell casing from a firework FELL ON THE HOOD OF OUR CAR. No joke. There's a reason those areas are closed during the fireworks. Too dangerous if something goes wrong.
    A fanatic is someone who redoubles his effort when he has forgotten his aim. George Santayana

• Blew By You

We miss a lot when Disneyland closes attractions for the sake of fireworks and shows. There has always been a charm of being at Disneyland after dark settles. Now, the congestion caused by closures grates on my nerves as I have to be prepared to navigate a flow. So, I'm against the closures.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123