Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland Name Paintings

When I was in Dland last week, I saw the name paintings they do across from the Matterhorn. I really want to get one done, but the lady was being vague on the prices, probably because I wasn't getting one done that day. Anyway, has anyone else gotten one of these done and have prices? My name has 9 letters. Also, does anyone know what characters you can do? I don't want a full princess one, and online I've read that some characters aren't allowed. And I've read they also do these in DTD and they're better quality? If anyone has any info, or would like to post pictures of their name painting, it'd be greatly appreciated!

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Re: Disneyland Name Paintings

I got one for my birthday 2 years ago from tomorrow I only did the special painting part for the first letter of my name and the rest was written out. I got Cinderella, part of a castle, and a pumpkin on it. It has a white frame around it, but it looks like this:

Happy Birthday
    My name
    Disneyland 2011

My mom tried to remember the price so I could help you. Probably $45 for that. For each letter? I'm not sure, probably like $10 or something. I forgot if framing is an option, but I believe it is. It might cost less if you don't frame it. In the end you will might need $100 for you, since you have a long name.

Having just one letter, brings attention to it and it still an awesome souvenir. They space the letters out a bit for the full name ones, so yours might be as tall as me (5'6''). Whatever you get, I hope you enjoy it.

I hope I kinda helped you out and say hi to me on your next trip. I won't say anything, cuz I would creep you out, but I'm located in front of Main Street Cinema. I would love visitors. Have fun with your name painting!
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

• Selfie Expert

I tried to search for prices, but only came across another forum where most people shared that their paintings + mat + frame was around $100. I don't know if that's much help, but it's cheaper than I expected, and now you've given me a great idea for something to put in our nursery! Thanks!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I had one done for my niece last year and like Kelly stated, it's around 100 bucks with the frame. My niece loved it. It's all her favorite princesses. You can let them know what characters you want and how you want it.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    I had one done for my niece last year and like Kelly stated, it's around 100 bucks with the frame. My niece loved it. It's all her favorite princesses. You can let them know what characters you want and how you want it.
    I heard they can't do ANY character, just certain ones. Do you know if they have a book or something you can pick your characters from?

I don't remember seeing a book to look through. However, the artist did ask me what characters I wanted and let me know if she was able to do them. Fortunately mine was pretty straight forward with the princesses. But I did see a variety of others including the Toy Story characters, some of the the villains, Jack Sparrow, Aladdin, and so on.

• Selfie Expert

I read that they only did the villains around Halloween time, so if that's not the case I'll be super excited.

Thank you so much for the info!! And thank you again, OP, for posting this topic!

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Yeah, they had a bunch of different characters to choose from. I don't remember if there was a book. they just asked me. Sorry for not having a picture of mine, my cheap digital cameras broke :/
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

• Selfie Expert

Update:

I had one done for our nursery

characters were pretty much the fairy tale characters: the princesses, Peter Pan, tink, I also saw jack sparrow and a dragon. The artist said starting the 13th (Halloween time) they can do villains.

cost was $40-$45 for the name itself (I can't remember exact, sorry!), $10 for the mat, and $35 for the frame. Total was under $100. I LOVE it!

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post

Are you officially a mommy now?? I don't know if I missed the announcement on the site but I just want to say congratulations! It looks so awesome and your daughter is going to love it forever My parents bought a name thing for me too when I was a child and I still keep it to this day! Your daughter is going to love it!

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Are you officially a mommy now?? I don't know if I missed the announcement on the site but I just want to say congratulations! It looks so awesome and your daughter is going to love it forever My parents bought a name thing for me too when I was a child and I still keep it to this day! Your daughter is going to love it!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Thanks! I'm due in December, so I don't think I earn the official mommy title until she's born? I don't know lol

I have a name thing that I've loved since I was a kid, too, so when I saw this thread it was an instant - MUST BUY! for her.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

I love the name paintings!

Kelly! I love the name you chose!

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Thanks! I'm due in December, so I don't think I earn the official mommy title until she's born? I don't know lol

I have a name thing that I've loved since I was a kid, too, so when I saw this thread it was an instant - MUST BUY! for her.
    Oh oops! Haha, I guess I got a little too excited We will all anticipate the announcement in December then!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
    I love the name paintings!

Kelly! I love the name you chose!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Oh oops! Haha, I guess I got a little too excited We will all anticipate the announcement in December then!
    Haha that's okay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast