Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Envious of Alien Encounter

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    Except the murderous screams in the soundtrack, the glass "shattering", the sound of an employee's bones crunching and "blood" being splattered all over the audience from above...

It was definitely a lot more intense than Stitch.
    Same effects though... think about it.... Stitch sneezes on you (the blood), the glass shatters in the stitch one as well I believe, a few of the voices on the stitch audio screams... it's the same thing! The ONLY difference is what your mind makes of the situation.
    Did they show blood being splattered? Of course not. Did they show a member of the cast being eaten? Of course they didn't!
    Heck, if we're going this far, let's look at the Haunted Mansion. There are tons of screams, it is obviously alluded that the bride chops all of her husband's heads completely off, the fingers on the clock are covered in blood, there are terrifying screams coming from the doors, I could go on forever!
    So my question is, what is the difference in Alien encounter and the Haunted Mansion? The answer is simple. Parents complain about DUMB things. I am a lifeguard, so I should know that parents can be quite silly about things sometimes. The haunted mansion in my opinion is even worse (but it is my favorite ride)!
    Last edited by Vanitas; 07-27-2013 at 06:29 PM. Reason: typo

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

• Roller coaster enthusiast

I rember seeing the show a few times as well. It was an incredible experience and I was really saddened when they removed it and replaced it with Stitch which was absolutely stupid in my opinion. The original AE show took away your sight by making it really dark for most of the show. That also heightened your other senses of hearing, touch, and smell. I'm still waiting in WDW to do the right thing and bring it back. I think it would fit perfectly in EPCOT if they don't want to bring it back to Tomorrowland. There are a few options as there's the vacant Wonders of Life pavilion or maybe Innoventions East or West to name a few.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

• Cunning infiltrator

I wish I visited WDW when I was little or in the present, but that's unlikely, since we need to save up lots of money for a planned vacation trip for that happened.

After reading most of the posts up here. I would rate Alien Encounter: a hard PG-13 or a hard R and as for Stitch: a soft PG.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    After reading most of the posts up here. I would rate Alien Encounter: a hard PG-13 or a hard R and as for Stitch: a soft PG.
    That would definitely make Haunted mansion a hard PG-13 as well... I don't really understand why people make it out to be so much worse than other things at Disney.....

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    Except the murderous screams in the soundtrack, the glass "shattering", the sound of an employee's bones crunching and "blood" being splattered all over the audience from above...

It was definitely a lot more intense than Stitch.
    Wasn't blood. Nobody was eaten in the attraction, you felt the alien's saliva dripping on you.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• How Peculiar

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Disney, are you listening? Please make this happen! You could even tie it to a great IP (since everything is these days)...Gravitity Falls (great show btw). It's perfect!
    I am in favor of both of these ideas! I've always wanted to experience the attraction, it seemed like something so unique and different!

If anything to reduce the amount of complaints they'd get from the attraction being too 'scary,' raise to a higher height requirement. I think amusement parks in Europe do something similar to that .. or I'm probably just making that up.
    Fighting just to survive but you taught me I can.

• The doctor is in

To this day I wish I would have been able to see this. It sounds so cool and I saw a YouTube of it and it looked awesome.

I wish parents would actually heed the warnings and not ruin experiences for the rest of us. It's like people who bring 6-year olds to R-rated movies and then complain the movie wasn't appropriate.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    Wasn't blood. Nobody was eaten in the attraction, you felt the alien's saliva dripping on you.
    Well, I just listened to the audio, and it did kind of sound like someone was being eaten, but it could have been just the noises that the alien makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    The maintenance guy was attacked during the ride by the alien so you could say he was eaten

Also keep in mind that Alien Encounter had several changes made during its lifespan at Magic Kingdom. By the end of its run it had been toned down a little and had humor inserted in the script to keep things moving. Also the total darkness periods were reduced by the end of its run to just a few moments here and there.

• I'm a Lutheran

The alien DID eat the unseen "cast member." Aside from the carnivorous-complimenting-effects, the alien was referred to being carnivorous upon its arrival. A security camera seen from the POV of the cast member was seen, even going as far as showing the alien's face, breathing on the cast member, opening its jaws, and...you get the picture. A bloodcurdling scream from the victim followed. If he wasn't eaten, then his body would need to be somewhere in the theater, and...okay, I'm just over-analyzing here haha.

The "blood" occurred when the alien exploded. I believe it was only featured in the pre-PC version of the ride. Personally, I prefer Phil Hartman's interpretation of SIR. Much creepier to me, even though Tim Curry does a spectacular job.

On an unrelated note, it's really a shame that we lost Phil Hartman all those years ago. It wouldn't surprise me if he would have provided his voice for something in Star Tours 2.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I did Alien Encounter once at WDW and it scared the crap out of me... and I'm an adult. But if it was still there I'd do it again because I love a good scare. Alien Encounter delivered it with some comedy thrown in to balance it out a bit. There is no way I'll ever do the Stitch attraction that's now in its place. I adore Stitch, but it looks completely dumbed down and I really don't want chili dog burped in my face, kthxbai.

• Cunning infiltrator

If Disney isn't so focused on marketing towards children as their target audience nowadays. They need make something that can accessible and enjoyed by adults if they plan making on a new dark ride attraction or show. I'd like something dark and mysterious.

Vampire anime like: Hellsing and Shiki will certainly not fit at a Disney theme park. Too dark, creepy, violent, scary, and mind-f***ing. Those types cannot be created into a ride or attraction, unless it is a family-friendly PG-13 show at Universal Studios Hollywood or Orlando.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I did Alien Encounter once at WDW and it scared the crap out of me... and I'm an adult. But if it was still there I'd do it again because I love a good scare. Alien Encounter delivered it with some comedy thrown in to balance it out a bit. There is no way I'll ever do the Stitch attraction that's now in its place. I adore Stitch, but it looks completely dumbed down and I really don't want chili dog burped in my face, kthxbai.
    You're 100% right... it really is just a dumbed down version of Alien encounter... it's really disappointing, I'll tell you that... I love Stitch as well, but giving Alien Encounter over to him was just too far.

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfan22 View Post
    Also keep in mind that Alien Encounter had several changes made during its lifespan at Magic Kingdom. By the end of its run it had been toned down a little and had humor inserted in the script to keep things moving. Also the total darkness periods were reduced by the end of its run to just a few moments here and there.
    See, that sounds like a compromise to make everyone happy! Why don't they just bring that back to make everyone happy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12