are there other things like screamer of the day?

Went to california adventure early today to try to get an early fastpass for radiator springs. Apparently everyone else in the entire park was doing the same thing. The fast pass line went all the way past carthay and down the street past hollywood.

We decided to go into hollywood and go on the monsters inc. ride but it was closed. The workers said to open it they needed power from a kids scream. Sully came over along with a few other kids. Mine was the only one that screamed so she got a certificate for screamer of the day. They said that for today we could enter through the exit (cutting the line). The line for monsters inc. is never that long so we didnt end up using it, but I was wondering if there are other things like this.

Afterwards we went to muppetvision 3d and had the entire theater to ourselves.

Re: are there other things like screamer of the day?

whoa that is sooo awesome! i love hearing about certificates and cards they give out!!
    i was riding a red car trolley last night, and they had a little boy come up and be 'honorary conductor' he had to pull the whistle, push some buttons, and yell 'ALL ABOARD' and he got an honorary conductor ticket!!! the kid was so happy.

i was a BIT jealous of the boy :T lol i wanted one!
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME șoș
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

• Selfie Expert

I love hearing about these little things. I haven't heard of either of them!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Forgot to mention that I believe the Dapper Dans have a little card for honorary Dapper Dans, and there's also a certificate for going into the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Blew By You

I love those impromptu moments when a CM converses with my daughter. She thinks it's so nice that the "Disneyland worker" talked with her. If the CM gives her a button and/or a sticker, then it's about the best "present" she's gotten that day.

• -

My 3 year old was upset that the rest of us were going to ride Soarin' and he couldn't. He kept insisting he was tall enough to ride. To humor him we took him over to the height meter to show him he wasn't tall enough. The worker at the entrance saw this and came over and gave him a special "ride when you're tall enough" fastpass.
    Last edited by calsig31; 07-29-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Calsig31, love your signature line! Long live M*A*S*H!
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

• Former Churro Jockey

The ride-when-you're-tall-enough has been around for decades, but they don't always have them handy so it is a little hit or miss. The screamer of the day sounds like something that the manager of that specific ride made up. There may be other random things like that but it would be up to the specific attraction managers. I doubt it is something that the Disneyland Resort as a whole does or even knows about (and if the lawyers found out about it they'd probably stop it).
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Minion

When Mulholland Madness was still open, they had a driver of the day award. I received it once because I was taking pictures of the signs in the queue.

Screamer of the day has been around for a while now and they give it out every morning when the park opens. They usually wait for kids to show up until 5 minutes after park opening and they do a scream contest to see who's the loudest/most enthusiastic/etc. The winner gets to be the first one on the attraction and like OP said, you get to come back as many times as you want that day by going through the exit and avoiding the regular line. It's pretty neat I think, something people can do early in the morning while someone goes in line for the Racers FP.

That is so cool! These are all very cool! My daughter won a screaming contest in a Halloween event and received a Chernabog trophy. And my sister-in-law received a formal scroll anouncing the arrival of Fantasy Faire. These are extra special touches.

Question for Collectors