Emperor's New Groove

Why don't they sell any ENG merchandise? Or do they and I just haven't found it?

Out of curiosity, what merch. would you like to see in the park? It could be something that they once had and discontinued, something that to your knowledge has never been available but you wish they would produce, or items that are not for sale, but you wish they were. I think many guests wish they would produce and sell the books that were in the Buena Vista Street windows. (Myself included.)

Something I have never experienced for myself but wish I could are the little boxes of rock candy jewels I heard they used to sell around the castle. It would be awesome if they sold those again. Unless they do and I'm just unaware of it.

And my favorite thing to purchase from Disneyland currently are little packs of miniature Disney characters and rides. Even though I'm an adult, those things get me all giddy and I have anxiety they will stop selling them. lol
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Minion

Re: Emperor's New Groove

I'd imagine it was because it did not perform as well as Disney had hoped for.

That's too bad. I have met more people who enjoy it than people who say they didn't. I would love to see a better variety of movies represented with the merchandise. Now that I think about it, there are a lot of movies you hardly see anything being sold for, yet we are drowning in princess's and cars.

Do they ever have CM's playing ENG characters around the park? I would imagine they would be pretty fun to interact with.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    Out of curiosity, what merch. would you like to see in the park?
    Aside from wanting them to carry land specific merchandise, I would love to see some Pete's Dragon stuff.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

That's too bad. I have met more people who enjoy it than people who say they didn't. I would love to see a better variety of movies represented with the merchandise. Now that I think about it, there are a lot of movies you hardly see anything being sold for, yet we are drowning in princess's and cars.

Do they ever have CM's playing ENG characters around the park? I would imagine they would be pretty fun to interact with.
    I think they used to have kuzco in both human and llama form as well as Yzma.

• Blew By You

For a short while back about 20 years ago, there was Blue Bayou tee-shirts and sweatshirts. I was about to buy a supply of them, but talked myself out of doing so and told myself to wait until the next visit. The clothing was all sold out by my next visit and hasn't been brought back.

I only recently saw Emperor's New Groove, and I liked it a lot. I Pretty much wrote off many of Disney's films from the late 1990s and early 2000s, thinking they all just looked pretty cheesy and lame. I did enjoy ENG very much though, and I definitely empathize with you. I loved Princess and the Frog, and think Ray is a fantastic character. But there is practically no merch of that film and pretty much none of Ray. It seems to pretty much boil down to which films/characters are commercially successful and consequently easily marketable.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Aside from wanting them to carry land specific merchandise, I would love to see some Pete's Dragon stuff.

I completely agree with land specific merchandise. If memory serves, they were pretty good about that in the mid 90's when I had my first visit. Now items are becoming more and more mixed. I find it jarring when I see a lot of the same stuff all over the park. The juxtaposition sticks out like a sore thumb and takes me out of the area's theme a little bit.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    I only recently saw Emperor's New Groove, and I liked it a lot. I Pretty much wrote off many of Disney's films from the late 1990s and early 2000s, thinking they all just looked pretty cheesy and lame. I did enjoy ENG very much though, and I definitely empathize with you. I loved Princess and the Frog, and think Ray is a fantastic character. But there is practically no merch of that film and pretty much none of Ray. It seems to pretty much boil down to which films/characters are commercially successful and consequently easily marketable.
    Didn't you like Mulan or Tarzan from the late 90's? Or how about Lilo and Stitch from 2002? Those were all well received.

Why don't they sell any ENG merchandise? Or do they and I just haven't found it?

Out of curiosity, what merch. would you like to see in the park? It could be something that they once had and discontinued, something that to your knowledge has never been available but you wish they would produce, or items that are not for sale, but you wish they were. I think many guests wish they would produce and sell the books that were in the Buena Vista Street windows. (Myself included.)

Something I have never experienced for myself but wish I could are the little boxes of rock candy jewels I heard they used to sell around the castle. It would be awesome if they sold those again. Unless they do and I'm just unaware of it.

And my favorite thing to purchase from Disneyland currently are little packs of miniature Disney characters and rides. Even though I'm an adult, those things get me all giddy and I have anxiety they will stop selling them. lol
    Back to the op's topic,

I haven't seen squat for Emperor's New Groove merchandise, and disappointed that DL didn't have any merchandise for this movie, that was only successful due to word of mouth.

You see, even after this movie was completely changed from what it was suppose to be originally, Eisner still didn't like it and didn't give anywhere near the marketing boost that previous Disney Animated movies were given.

If you attempted to find any merchandise for this movie, when it was released, it was nearly a futile attempt. About the only thing I could find were the McDonald Happy Meal Toys, and one Llama Kuzco toy at a place called Blocikbuster (a video store, if anyone remembers what that was - hahahaha) Not even the Disney store had merchandise for the movie, except for one small Llama Kuzco plush. BUT WHERE is the YZMA kitty plush!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

And the merchandise embargo for this movie continues - I would LOVE to have a LLAMA FACE Kuzco costume for Halloween, in my collection,

As for characters from this movie appearing in Disneyland Anaheim, the only two I saw were at the time the movie was release, Llama Kuzco and Kronk, in DCA,. I have NOT seen photos of any other characters from this movie appearing in DL Anaheim or DCA. I have only seen photos of human Kuzco and Yzma appearing outside of the DLR.

It's really too bad that Yzma and Kronk haven't had more appearances in Anaheim, I'm POSITIVE they would be a HUGE hit during Halloweentime!
    Last edited by Aladdin; 07-28-2013 at 04:05 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

(disregard - posts were combined, above).

• Closed Account

Have never seen Emperor's New Groove merchandise at Disneyland. I did purchase a mug on Zazzle once for a gift, and that had the llama on it. They had a matching t-shirt and other gear as well. It was well received by the person I gave it to as a gift.

As for items I would like to see in the parks:
    I really want a rose under a glass dome from Beauty And The Beast that is a small vial (only shaped like a dome) that can be worn as a necklace. I actually purchased one off of Etsy, but it doesn't look authentic enough. With the popularity of Beauty And The Beast, and the fact that they have the Beauty and the Beast stage show now, I would think it would make a decent amount of money if they sold it as a souvenir. They could even do a clear plastic dome, if they didn't make it look cheap, but I would prefer a glass version.

Overseas right now, because of Finding Nemo On Ice, there is a giant Mr Ray plush that you can purchase other characters for (Squirt, Nemo, etc) that can Velcro onto his back. I really want them to bring this to Disneyland or to the Disney Store website at the very least.

Well... there's plenty of Pixar merchandise!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post

You see, even after this movie was completely changed from what it was suppose to be originally, Eisner still didn't like it and didn't give anywhere near the marketing boost that previous Disney Animated movies were given.

If you attempted to find any merchandise for this movie, when it was released, it was nearly a futile attempt. About the only thing I could find were the McDonald Happy Meal Toys, and one Llama Kuzco toy at a place called Blocikbuster (a video store, if anyone remembers what that was - hahahaha) Not even the Disney store had merchandise for the movie, except for one small Llama Kuzco plush. BUT WHERE is the YZMA kitty plush!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

And the merchandise embargo for this movie continues - I would LOVE to have a LLAMA FACE Kuzco costume for Halloween, in my collection,

As for characters from this movie appearing in Disneyland Anaheim, the only two I saw were at the time the movie was release, Llama Kuzco and Kronk, in DCA,. I have NOT seen photos of any other characters from this movie appearing in DL Anaheim or DCA. I have only seen photos of human Kuzco and Yzma appearing outside of the DLR.

It's really too bad that Yzma and Kronk haven't had more appearances in Anaheim, I'm POSITIVE they would be a HUGE hit during Halloweentime!
    That is a bummer ENG didn't receive much love. I think it is a very funny movie, the characters are very enjoyable. I will say, that the animation quality seems cheap and lazy at times, which does irritate me. It is what it is, and it's still a very entertaining movie, despite the somewhat "direct to video" look at times.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    Well... there's plenty of Pixar merchandise!
    Lol!