Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why is there no Kingdom Hearts ANYWHERE?

So, as most of you on here know, Disney's most popular game is probably Kingdom Hearts. It's personally my favorite game, and it is literally FILLED with Disney. The entire game actually revolves around Disney and it's worlds and characters (because it's owned by Disney). Because of this, why do areas like Disneyland not support it? I remember at least seeing little advertisements in Disney world about Epic Mickey, but the only time I've ever seen anything Kingdom Hearts was once when the first game was released (when no one knew about it).
    I keep hearing about attraction rumors from movies like Avatar (properties Disney has no reason in getting into) but why doesn't Disney support it's own properties like Kingdom Hearts?

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

• Not the Hawkguy

Re: Why is there no Kingdom Hearts ANYWHERE?

The answer is that it's especially hard to do something in the parks surrounding a video game, particularly KH. Yeah utilizes Disney characters, but all the main characters are original creations specific to the series. Combine it with the mix of Final Fantasy characters, and its a tough sell for anything beyond a video game demo station (which is what I remember the doing for the original game at Innoventions).

As much as I love Kingdom Hearts (With KH2 being my all time favorite so far), I just don't see it working inside the parks. I can't think of a land where Kingdom Hearts would fit in. Toontown, Tomorrowland, and Fantasyland are the closest lands I could think of, but even then they still wouldn't work. I am finding it hard to see a ride like Kingdom Hearts working in the park. I don't know, but something about it doesn't sound right to me...neither does a Tron Land or Avatar Land, but those are different stories.

Also doesn't Square Enix partially own the Kingdom Hearts franchise?

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Heavy Breather

It would be a very difficult property to fit into the established lands. Unless there was a third gate devoted to video games (doubtful I know, but it would be cool).

I'm a big KH fan myself, and I'm sure with KHIII(Yay!!)on its way, there will be a temporary marketing thing in the parks.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post

Also doesn't Square Enix partially own the Kingdom Hearts franchise?
    Actually no. DIsney owns all the original content created for the franchise.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Unless there was a third gate devoted to video games
    I pray the powers that be at Disney never get that idea in their heads.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

i'm a massive KH fan as well, and i see this topic occasionally flare up in the fan base. some people are for it and some are against it, with the "for it" crowd sometimes asking simply for more merchandise and others asking for actual attraction presence. to those who support increased KH presence in the parks, i must ask what exactly is it that you want Disney to do? i agree with the other posts in this thread that it would be extremely difficult to fit into the parks without it seeming very odd and out of place. and even as huge a fan as i am, i don't even feel like the series deserves much recognition in the parks. i don't see what KH has done that requires it to be tied into the parks at all.

oh and btw OP if you're wondering, i was at WDW the other day and found an Organization Mickey pin in one of the shops, haven't seen it in DL before but maybe it's there.

I love KH! I don't know if they would/could incorporate it into any of the park rides or features but a stage show would be out of this world. Think of it -- special effects, monsters, adventure, action, magic, and Mickey of course. I'm surprised they have never really tried to roll out any KH-related show or parade stuff by this point.

Even Spiderman and other Marvel (?) comic book characters have been showing up in the Disney merchandise. Why not KH? Maybe it has to do with some tricky contracting rules they made with Square Enix?

All I have to say is I love Kingdom Hearts. one of my favorite games of all time. and I approve this and the OP message

• Not the Hawkguy

Now, I definitely think there could be some space for Kingdom Hearts merchandise in the parks, especially around when KH3 comes out. And Starcade could definitely have a section dedicated to a KH3 demo around launch (this is assuming Innoventions is actually gone by the time the game comes out. If it's still there, that's where the demo would be located). But attractions and stage shows are probably too much.

There are Kingdom Hearts keychains at the Star Trader in Tomorrowland.
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

I love the Kingdom Hearts series but I'm not quite sure where you put it... Maybe a spot in the third gate if it's centered around "heroes" in one form or another, as that'd be a wonderful way to work Mickey into the park as well.

The other thing is, while Kingdom Hearts is popular... I don't think it's popular enough to warrant more attention to stateside parks. It may just depend on how well the third game does in the US to see what, if any acknowledgement Disney gives the franchise in the parks.

Actually, I wasn't actually thinking of an attraction, I was only thinking of more merchandise/recognition. Theres a whole Japan section at Epcot at Disneyland, and they have an entire like "Museum" thing there of all different japanese cartoons and stuff.... do you know what the most KH they have there is? A shirt... one shirt with Sora on it.
    Some sort of attraction would be cool, but like you guys said, it would be hard to fit it in anywhere. I would just like some kind of recognition given to it through merchandise, maybe some pictures around some of the areas with keyblades in them or something. It would be cool....

View my cosplay (including my ultimate endeavor to make a fully accurate Vader costume), props (including my props from my Vanitas costume that had to be abandoned due to suit constraints), and pictures at https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13

• Shablagoo!

I would be happy if they brought back Sora and KH Donald and Goofy back into the park.

• No Disassemble!

Doesn't Square Enix own 100% rights to the series? I mean they pay Disney a lot for the license and intellectual property and the result is always phenomenal but putting KH in the parks is like asking Square Enix to partner (meaning invest even more money) to bring an attraction into the parks that will most likely not help Square Enix sell more games.

Roll playing games are not wildly popular in post millennium America, we prefer first person shooters and mindless mobile games instead.. unfortunately.

If TDL ever built a 3rd gate I could however see a KH attraction there, maybe several.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast