Jungle Cruise - Where's the tiger?

I just got back from Disneyland, and my question is on the Jungle Cruise, where is the tiger?!

The Cambodian temple is early-on in the ride sequence, but there was no tiger.

I even went on it twice thinking maybe I had just missed seeing it the first time. No dice. It wasn't there.

Does anyone know where it went?

• The doctor is in

Re: Jungle Cruise - Where's the tiger?

Maybe he was eaten by the hippos.

But in all reality, they probably took it to do some maintenance or are replacing it with a better tiger.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Future Indy Castmember

Usually if an animatronic is missing from a ride, it means its out for maintenance work as DrFink noted. Depending on the work, it can take a couple of weeks before it returns to the ride.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• I'm a Lutheran

Animatronics are usually taken out of the Jungle Cruise every once and a while for refurbishment. He wasn't there on Saturday either, which is fine as long as he comes back. I'm very curious to see if we'll be receiving the same refurbishment that Tokyo's cruise is slated to get next year. Personally, I wouldn't mind some new additions to the ride, I just don't want to ever see it go. It's one of my favorites, and I know that it's on the favorite list of many others. Exploring the upper-floor of the queue this past weekend was a real treat; I didn't even know most of those details existed!
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

I have noticed ALOT of things that have been removed, like the fireflies in the POTC ride, totally GONE! I think they removed them to put into the new Mermaid ride over at California adventure area! She has fireflies, but POTC does not!

Also the jumping fish that used to be a part of the "Nature's Wonderland" ride have been removed, and the CMs in that area have no reason as to why they were removed! Some didn't even notice them missing, but they were there a year ago, and now they are also missing!

There are a TON of old classic items missing here and there in the park, if you look closely, you will notice them gone!

So sad.

Thanks for the replies everyone. It is my favorite Disney ride, hands down. So I knew it was missing. The snake really looks like it needs some TLC too. But I'm OK with upgrades if its to make the ride a better one!

I had overheard that Bengal Barbecue wanted their meat to be fresher, or that their meat is no longer cow, chicken, horse, lion, goat or giraffe, but it is now 100% pure Bengal tiger. Another said that he jumped right over the boat, landed on the ground by Indy, and made his escape!

In all seriousness, the tiger is missing. For how long, I'm not sure. I mean, Mother-In-Law was missing for a while.

But I think the audio-animatronics that were missing the longest in recent times were probably the two leg-kicking Russians from IASW. They were gone so long our running joke was that the KGB had them and they were being interrogated!! (If I offended anyone, I apologize. We were just looking for a joke that was also themed to Russia/Soviet Union.)

Hopefully he comes back soon!!

Well obviously it jumped 30 feet over the boat and is somewhere in the Temple of the Forbidden Eye. Jungle Cruise Skippers know what they're talking about.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Speaking of missing/out for refurb animatronics, the old man with the earhorn in the Haunted Mansion graveyard scene has been gone for several months. His audio is still playing, though.

It's out for maintenance, it's been gone for a few weeks now so hopefully it will be back soon, sometimes it takes a little while for the animals to come back, but rest assured they always do!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Hold that tiger...

Are you talking about the deaf old man talking to the mummy? If so, he was in the ride on Sunday!

• I'm a Lutheran

Upon my most recent trip, bondfan, which was this past Saturday, the fireflies were there for Pirates. I think one of them wasn't moving, but every other fly looked fine. It's very dark in there, so perhaps their lighting may have been toned down a bit. Big Thunder Trail is closed off, so I couldn't see the jumping fish, but the fish were active near the little boy and his dog on the Rivers of America.

The Old Man is back. As for the tiger, usually you can see him from Indy's exit, and he isn't there. Doesn't really make much of a difference, but that particular spot in the park is my FAVORITE part of the park, and it's a bit sad not seeing it there.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)