Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Radiator Springs

I have noticed that Radiator Springs is down quite a bit on Mouse Connect. Is this normal for the attraction?

Does anyone use Mouse Connect for wait times. How accurate is it???

Thanks for any information.

• Minion

Re: Radiator Springs

RSR does break down frequently due to its complicated ride system.

It's sad that technological advances are making rides break down MORE frequently instead of LESS.

Thanks for the information.

• Closed Account

Radiator Springs Racers is DCA's version of Indiana Jones in terms of breakdowns. That is one of the reasons why I recommend that you always get a fast pass for the ride. If you are in line and it breaks down, you are out of luck. If you have a fast pass and it breaks down, you can come back later without waiting in line again. It's hit or miss with Radiator Springs Racers. If it's important to you, invest the time at the beginning of the day to get a fast pass, it's definitely worth the effort.

When we went in March it was down for an entire morning during the 4 days we were in the parks. We had our FP already but were hoping to get on early before the line was an hour long, but that didn't happen. It's too bad it does seem to break down this much as it is a lot of fun to ride.

We actually waited until our last day at the parks to actually go on this ride and in hindsight that was a poor choice. This was the morning it was closed and if it had to have been closed all day we would have missed the ride entirely and that would have been awful.

Is it like the car racing ride in Epcot?

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Kezmondo73 View Post
    Is it like the car racing ride in Epcot?
    Close, but likely not identical? Miceage's been running reports of wet weather issues similar to Test Track since it opened.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• The doctor is in

RSR breaks down often and like BogLurch mentioned, it does have issues with wet weather. It gets shut down when it's raining. It briefly shut down when I visited in May due to wet weather.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

A friend of mine who's neighbor works for Disney was told that one of the big problems with Radiator Springs Racers is it was never intended to run the full day the park was open, and because it does, it's going through more wear and tear than they planned. Whether this is true, the hours part, I'm not sure, but it does make sense. The more you use something, the more it will break down.

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    A friend of mine who's neighbor works for Disney was told that one of the big problems with Radiator Springs Racers is it was never intended to run the full day the park was open, and because it does, it's going through more wear and tear than they planned. Whether this is true, the hours part, I'm not sure, but it does make sense. The more you use something, the more it will break down.
    That makes literally no sense.

I'm not doubting thats what your source told you just that it seems completely outlandish.

mhm when i was there last week, i rode it first time (crazy right, ive waited this long) i figured ive put it off due to long lines long enough, me and my boyfriend waited in the almost 3 hour wait, and more than half way threw the line....... it broke down!!! i was so sad and bummed out!
    they 'encouraged' us to stay in line so i did, and about 15 mins later it was back up! so... it really is hard to do the stand by, because you never know with RSR.
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME șoș
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

• The doctor is in

When it does breakdown it usually isn't for very long. The CMs are pretty helpful (most of the time) in letting people know whether it's worth it to stay in line or not.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    Not true at all. RSR is a faced-paced attraction and when guests are slow loading and unloading, it causes the computer to stop the attraction. Combined with the many AA figures that are deemed "show-necessary," there are many circumstances which cause the system to go down.

•   

Complex attractions do tend to suffer more frequent downtimes, much like your computer probably crashes a lot more frequently than your calculator. From what I can tell, Racers does tend to suffer fairly frequent downtimes, though there are other attractions that fare worse. Most of them just aren't as high profile, at least not anymore.

Also, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Racers can't cascade like a lot of other attractions can, disneylandfan95.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast