Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: New Official Albums for Disney Parks

I just downloaded it. I already have the Musical History of Disneyland, but I wanted the new songs from this album. What I did is I manually took all the new songs and put them into my Musical History album so that its all in one place! I really enjoy the new songs! Although I have a hard time believing Michael Giacchino did the score for Space Mountain. Can anyone tell me if he actually did?

• Not the Hawkguy

It's listed on his imdb page that he did it, along with arranging the music for the new Star Tours.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by JackMiller341 View Post
    I just downloaded it. I already have the Musical History of Disneyland, but I wanted the new songs from this album. What I did is I manually took all the new songs and put them into my Musical History album so that its all in one place! I really enjoy the new songs! Although I have a hard time believing Michael Giacchino did the score for Space Mountain. Can anyone tell me if he actually did?
    From Wikipedia:

Additional compositions

In addition to his long list of soundtracks, in 2005 Giacchino collaborated with Walt Disney Imagineering in creating two new soundtracks for the updated versions of Space Mountain at Disneyland, Space Mountain: Mission 2 at Disneyland Paris, and Space Mountain at Hong Kong Disneyland.[18] Giacchino was also contracted by Sarah Vowell, who played character Violet in The Incredibles, to compose the score to the audio version of her book Assassination Vacation. Michael Giacchino's music can also be heard in "Star Tours: The Adventure Continues" during the "travel log videos" shown in the queue line for both the Disneyland and Walt Disney World versions of the attraction.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Minion

Yes, Michael Giacchino wrote the Space Mountain music. Not hard for me to believe at all since it sounds so much like The Incredibles, which he also scored.

I guess he did! That's really cool

• Disney Obsessed

A lot of the stuff that is album only is from the 2005 edition that I have... EXCEPT ARIEL! ugh. Sad. Day. I will just have to buy the whole thing...

• Parking Lot > DCA

Some of these songs seem like a rehash of the 5 disc (?) collection they put out a few years ago, no?

It's on iTunes as well, you can listen to all the songs there in the preview before you buy them.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Yah, I checked out the listings and out of the 17+19 tracks on Disneyland, only ten tracks are ones I need.. but Little Mermaid is album only. (getting 10 tracks amount to $14+ so getting the entire album is probably the way to go.

For the Walt Disney World version, I need 17 tracks on there but don't want to spend more. Their Little Mermaid is also longer, containing some queue and fake-sebastian announcements. That would be the version I'd want.

If they were smart, they would have absolutely ZERO duplicates between Disneyland and Walt Disney World, making people really go out and buy both to complete it all. Too many duplicates make people refrain from buying.

Oh and Amazon has the mp3 album for $18.99... a dollar less than itunes.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Parking Lot > DCA

I saw a reviewers comment on iTunes that suggested Disneyland should sell CD's by the land, or something of that nature. I think that would be really cool.

They could have all the ride soundtracks (as you hear them in the attraction, not just instrumentals) and also have the ambience music from specific lands as well. I know some fans would eat that up.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I saw a reviewers comment on iTunes that suggested Disneyland should sell CD's by the land, or something of that nature. I think that would be really cool.

They could have all the ride soundtracks (as you hear them in the attraction, not just instrumentals) and also have the ambience music from specific lands as well. I know some fans would eat that up.
    I would be all over that! Music from the rides and area music are what I'm really after. Transporting me to the parks... *sigh*

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    In the comments of the parks blog, it says it'll be available for iTunes and amazon, which made me happy, but when I thought about it, I bet the new songs will be album only, so we'll have multiples. Again. Fingers crossed though so we'll just have to wait and see.
    I just checked Google Play, and it's available there.

https://play.google.com/store/music/...2kath2gm&hl=en

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Friends, if you still haven't bought either album, may I suggest Disney's own music site? $17.49 for either Disneyland or Walt Disney World official album is the cheapest I've seen anywhere.

Google and Amazon mp3 are $18.99. iTunes is $19.99.

Home - Disney Music Store

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• jonyyeh

I just got the Disneyland Album off iTunes (I bought it on iTunes since you can always buy songs from the album individually and then pay a reduced price to complete the album so that you don't buy the same songs twice). At first I wanted to only buy the songs available for individual download that I didn't have, but I ultimately bought the whole album.

I have the 2001 Album, the Musical History of Disneyland, and the 2005 2 disc album, and I noticed that the Splash Mountain Medley contains a different song (Burrow's Lament rather than Sooner or Later in the Musical History of Disneyland set) in between the Laughing Place song and the vultures before the big drop. Is this medley new to the Splash Mountain Medley (Disneyland)? It's not on the longer version in the Musical History of Disneyland set.
    Last edited by jonyyeh; 09-15-2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: found name of actual song

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234