Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: Star Tours makes me 'ooky'. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmiero View Post
    Sea bands are your BEST FRIENDS, let me tell you. They're these interesting little bands you put on a specific spot on your wrist. You can pick them up at any drug store. I have horrible motion sickness (mainly with travel, I'm okay on most rides). I dont know how they work, but there are zero side effects, since there are no drugs involved. But seriously, those things do WONDERS!
    I've heard of, but never tried them. Ia there is a 'sweet spot' you have to hit? That's one of the things that made me leery of them. How can you be sure you hit the right spot? Are they different sizes? I have a tiny wrist (too bad the rest of me doesn't match), others may have large wrists. I don't see how a 'one size fits all' would work.

I guess the main thing that worries me is what if it doesn't work? It's not like I could tell a CM to stop ST or SM halfway through. I'd hate to yak all over someone. Guess I could try them on Screamin' & see if the slight queasiness it leaves me with doesn't happen.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Disneymom

We went in June and i normally have problem on certain rides but this time I took motion sickness pills and they worked.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I've heard of, but never tried them. Ia there is a 'sweet spot' you have to hit? That's one of the things that made me leery of them. How can you be sure you hit the right spot? Are they different sizes? I have a tiny wrist (too bad the rest of me doesn't match), others may have large wrists. I don't see how a 'one size fits all' would work.
    Sea Bands don't adjust by Psi Bands do. I have a large wrist and Sea Bands are uncomfortable.

30 Minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

If you do end up riding on Star Tours, I'd recommend the front row. It is roughly in the middle of the cabin so it has the least amount of extreme motion. The farther back your row is, the wilder the ride gets. Also, if you do just want to wait in line with your friends, let the cast member know at the end of the line, and they will let you walk through the Starspeeder to the exit. There are benches there and you can wait for your friends to finish their ride.
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
    "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

When I was a little kid I'd get carsick if I was in the back of any car on a windy coastal or mountain road. A Bonine or Dramamine pill usually took care of most of it. Try taking one of those before going on rides that make you uncomfortable or nauseated next time.

• Evil is Sexy

I love riding thrill rides, roller coasters and simulators. I get motion sick pretty bad, though.

The only way I've been able to ride the things I love is to prepare for it.
    2 days before the trip, I start taking dramamine or promethazine. One at breakfast and one at dinner. I stick to this the whole rest of the trip. I also carry homemade candied ginger for emergancies. I take it easy with the rides themselves. I'll ride one, then take some time to ride slower rides before doing another thrill ride. I haven't had any issues following this plan and I've been doing it for 8+ years now.

PS - Taking the nausea medicine "just before" the rides does nothing for me. I have to build the medication up in my system before it works properly.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123