Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Changes Coming to Club 33!

Here's an article I just saw here on MiceChat about new changes that are coming to Club 33.

Changes coming to Private Disneyland Restaurant, Club 33

Thoughts? Discuss!

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: Changes Coming to Club 33!

Boy, sure glad I was afforded the honor of attending before all this changed. Also a shame that they are going the 1901 route and excluding people from the new expansion. Very un-Walt.

I snuck a peak backstage last time in the court, and suspected that under-utilized space would become something. This is concerning to me though because of how much things are changing as a result.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Boy, sure glad I was afforded the honor of attending before all this changed. Also a shame that they are going the 1901 route and excluding people from the new expansion. Very un-Walt.
    I think we should probably wait til we hear the official word before the bad mouthing begins. Various rumors are out there.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Singing Drinker

It's also a change to a posh, members only experience an amazingly tiny percentage of Disney guests will ever experience.

*shrug*

It'd be amazingly unsurprising they'd try to find more ways to monetize the experience.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I think we should probably wait til we hear the official word before the bad mouthing begins. Various rumors are out there.
    Are they circulating anything about the closure to the members? Even though we've only been once, the wife was extremely sad when hearing this because she loved the entrance as is, and how it preps you coming in from the bustle to go up slowly and get into a different mindset.

I hope to go again someday, but who knows if I'll ever get the chance, especially with the coming changes.

• Chief Troublemaker

Well, I guess it really only affects the members (of whom I am not one, unfortunately) but I'll be sad to think that the Club33 I was privileged to visit last September may be unrecognizable should I ever win the lottery & be able to afford a membership. I was so looking forward to being able to look up at the windows & think 'I know what it looks & feels like up there.' I guess I'll just treasure my memories & hope that some day I might be able to see the 'new' Club33. ("Come on Lottery, Mama needs a membership!")

It will be interesting to see what Disney does to recompense the members for the loss of the use of the Club during construction.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Disney Trivia Queen

I'm just sad that the trophy room is going to be gone! :-( Such a great piece of history. People are upset that the new lounge will be "excluding more people" however, I believe that the new expansion will make the club a little bigger and with other recent changes, it seems like they are trying to make it so they can accept new members again. Maybe new people can become members now and not have to wait at least 15 years on a waiting list.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Dinglehopper View Post
    People are upset that the new lounge will be "excluding more people" however, I believe that the new expansion will make the club a little bigger and with other recent changes, it seems like they are trying to make it so they can accept new members again. Maybe new people can become members now and not have to wait at least 15 years on a waiting list.

They opened up membership when 1901 opened.... but... you had to sport $25k initiation and $11k annual dues. That's pretty steep, so yes, more people can now become members, but at a SIGNIFICANTLY higher cost. In a 5-10 years, I could probably have afforded the old rates without significantly compromising my family's savings/lifestyle, but not a chance ever now.

• #bringevilback

I'm so bummed I won't have a chance to see the trophy room! The expansion is much needed, from what I've heard, but it's always sad to see a piece of history disappear.

• Minion

Well since I've never been to Club 33 and probably never will, I can't really say I'm all broken up about The Trophy Room going away, or storage space being used to expand the Club. What I AM concerned about is how the new entrance is going to affect The Court of Angels. I'm assuming the courtyard will still be open to regular guests, however I hope they don't "re-imagine" the area to the point where it becomes unrecognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Are they circulating anything about the closure to the members?
    Not that I've seen.

But looking forward to getting the official word.
    A fanatic is someone who redoubles his effort when he has forgotten his aim. George Santayana

• Selfie Expert

I'm increasingly grateful to have had the experience of dining in the Trophy Room and using the current entrance. It's always sad to see things like this go, but I'm hoping that whatever replaces it will be equally awe-inspiring! It won't have the "historic" aspect to it, but I'm sure it will earn it's own reputation.

I do hope they manage to save a place for the vulture, though.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I'm increasingly grateful to have had the experience of dining in the Trophy Room and using the current entrance.
    Seconded. With DL, you never know when something will disappear/be remade with short notice.

It's always sad to see things like this go, but I'm hoping that whatever replaces it will be equally awe-inspiring! It won't have the "historic" aspect to it, but I'm sure it will earn it's own reputation.

I do hope they manage to save a place for the vulture, though.
    I do hope they manage to reinvent the room even if it is just a hallway or something using the current accouterments of the room. I wonder what they are doing with the chandeliers...

• Minion

I'm also disappointed about the Court of Angels. :/ I don't understand why they can't just build a slope up to the elevator...Sad to hear about the closed Trophy Room too. I'm not really feeling the magic of this super-exclusive, super-secret club anymore. Which is awful because I--like many--wanted to go as soon as I heard about it.

• Greetings, Program!

Glad I got to see the "original" Club 33 then for the first time last month.

Seems almost sacrilegious to alter it, but hey.....this is the New Order we're talking about.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast